111 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

While I ought to stay away from this thread, the fans of the teams we're sandwiched with for a playoff spot are saying the same things about their teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolina is in 3rd place right now.  That says everything you need to know about this division.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#22 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

If you can't stick through a teams down fall you're not a true fan. Through thick and thin. Its sports.

#23 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

it just looks like a trolling thread looking for people to comment on a rant that goes nowhere and just going to be pretty much a circlejerk

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#24 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

How 'bout i stay away from this one?

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Waaaaaah...this team sucks. Give me a break. I endured the devils from opening night when they first came to NJ when really SUCKED.

You have no idea how tough it was taking sh!t from everyone when hope was either minimal or NONE.

Suck it up and show some support.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#27 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

The 2000 and 2003 Cup teams D corps consisting of Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, White have to be amongst the best in NHL history?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#28 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

The 2000 and 2003 Cup teams D corps consisting of Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, White have to be amongst the best in NHL history?

You forgot Rafalski.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#29 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

you do know that since the whole division sucks, they arent far from the 3rd spot right?.     

#30 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

buddy i am loyal........this team just sucks so bad compared to what i grew up with.  we would just dominate teams.... now we have to scrap and claw with the fvcking columbus blue jackets. 

stevens and niedermayer........forget about it.  games were OVER after the first period.

Yeah well I want my childhood back too.. That includes Santa being real, N64 being the **** (ok still is), elementary school > job, and home cooked meals every night… But it's over and it's not coming back

What the Devils did from 1995 - 2003 was rare, especially in modern day hockey.. Odds are that we simply won't see that level of domination ever again.. But remember, we've been fortunate enough to see this underdog franchise do some amazing things.. Things that fans of nearly every other team in the league could only dream of.. So don't give me this self-entitled crap, because you will get no sympathy from anyone who knows how hard it is to win consistently in hockey.. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs for 8 years and haven't won a Cup in almost 50!! Imagine living and dying without ever seeing your team win a championship

While he may not be what he was, we still get to see Brodeur between the pipes in a Devils jersey.. The only jersey he's ever worn.. Plus, I think watching Jagr tear it up in our uniform is pretty cool too.. But the Marty thing is very special.. It's a piece of my childhood that still exists, and if for no other reason (and there are many), I watch the games because very soon Marty Brodeur will hang it up for good and I'll only have memories to go by

Edited by Colin226, 11 December 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#31 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

Lou certainly does not suck. All he did was go out and trade for the best goalie available, sign the guy who is our leading point getter, as well as call up our best defensemen of the year. Lou is not the problem

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#32 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm assuming OP just needed a good rant. We all are a bit frustrated with the inconsistent play. Not to worry though, cuz Schneids should be getting the majority of games now (of course I also presumed PDB would be smart enough to make that happen weeks ago, too)

#33 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

The average age of posters here is hovering somewhere between 17-22

I am shocked we do not see more of these types of posts quite frankly...

Eh, I don't blame age so much. Stupidity and entitlement exist no matter how old you are. I guess some of the fans who grew up during the Cup years don't know what it is to lose (I'm 28, so I'm in that group), but lots of young fans get it.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#34 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Thanks OP.  You only made me realize how special of a time it has been for me as a Devils fan in my 26 years of existence.  Ahh reflection.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

wow all i took in from that entire first post was ... wahh wahh wahh im a whiney little bitch.. shut the fvck up if you feel this strongly about the team then go find another one to follow .. none of us care
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#36 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Wow..this is a quality post right here.  On an off night too, I would've thought this kind of thing would surface after a tough loss (like last night).

The sense of entitlement..wow.  I mean, I'll admit, I was at that level of maturity about..9-10 years ago (when I was 15, mind you).  You really can't appreciate what the Devils were doing during the mini-dynasty years when you're growing up in them - you just assume that's how it is and always will be.  My Dad would always say "Cherish this, because this isn't how sports really is" and I'd always laugh at him like the arrogant little sh!t teenager I was.  My point - unless you're actually a teenager OP, you might want to reconsider your thought process regarding this team and professional sports in general..

I mean, DAE WONDER Y LOU HASN'T DRAFTED LEGENDARY HOF DEFENSEMEN RECENTLY?  CLEARLY NEEDS TO GO #OVERRATED

Edited by Devilsfan118, 12 December 2013 - 12:26 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#37 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Sometimes i come on  this board and imagine how would some people react if the NHL had the same system as Soccer, where the bottom 4 teams are kicked into a minor league just because they sucked that season.

Or better yet your team being fined $50k, and losing 20 home games because there was a fight at the stands like what happened last sunday with Atlético-PR vs Vasco.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#38 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Hey this just in--the National Hockey League is a difficult league.  There are no pushover teams or guaranteed wins.  Every team is good and can beat any opponent even if their record is bad.

you do know that since the whole division sucks, they arent far from the 3rd spot right?.     

Haha seriously, we are one win out of a playoff spot--man this team is atrocious.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#39 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hey this just in--the National Hockey League is a difficult league.  There are no pushover teams or guaranteed wins.  Every team is good and can beat any opponent even if their record is bad.

Haha seriously, we are one win out of a playoff spot--man this team is atrocious.

I don't feel very good about being one game out in a division that is very weak like Metro.

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

How 'bout i stay away from this one?

By far and away the best post you've ever made...I actually did wonder for a split-second if Brylin18 was you...you two should have plenty to PM and PMS about...

Yeah well I want my childhood back too.. That includes Santa being real, N64 being the **** (ok still is), elementary school > job, and home cooked meals every night… But it's over and it's not coming back

What the Devils did from 1995 - 2003 was rare, especially in modern day hockey.. Odds are that we simply won't see that level of domination ever again.. But remember, we've been fortunate enough to see this underdog franchise do some amazing things.. Things that fans of nearly every other team in the league could only dream of.. So don't give me this self-entitled crap, because you will get no sympathy from anyone who knows how hard it is to win consistently in hockey.. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs for 8 years and haven't won a Cup in almost 50!! Imagine living and dying without ever seeing your team win a championship

While he may not be what he was, we still get to see Brodeur between the pipes in a Devils jersey.. The only jersey he's ever worn.. Plus, I think watching Jagr tear it up in our uniform is pretty cool too.. But the Marty thing is very special.. It's a piece of my childhood that still exists, and if for no other reason (and there are many), I watch the games because very soon Marty Brodeur will hang it up for good and I'll only have memories to go by

Santa Claus isn't real?  fvck!  Next thing you know, someone will say the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny aren't real too.  I hate surprises. 

I remember buying the N64 the day it came out...waiting on line for Toys 'r Us on Rte 46 in Totowa...I was banged up from the night before...the line was basically a bunch of kids 12 years old and younger with their parents, and my hungover, 26-year-old ass.  Back then people didn't camp out for days before to buy brand-new systems...you could actually get to a chain 15-20 minutes before they opened and walk out with a just-released system...such novelty.  The cashier asked me what lucky kid I was buying my 64 for.  I told her "ME!"  Brought it over to my friend's house in Clifton and me, him, and two other guys wound up playing Pilotwings 64 for the next 6 hours.  Awesome memories indeed...

Yeah, you pretty much nailed what most rational fans are thinking...sure, we'd all love the glory days to go on forever, but they don't, and some "fans" can't accept that.  All you can do is enjoy the good times to their fullest...especially since you know they'll go away eventually, no matter what the franchise does. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users