NFL Week 15...the birthday edition!

CRASHER

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32nd ranked defense.

the same personnel in a scheme they were actually DESIGNED for was right in the middle of the league....all they needed was some turnover hawking last year....but noooo, they blew it up and put in a passive 4-3 that NO ONE on the team is thriving in.....that's C O A C H I N G defined :P

When the Lions fire Jim Schwartz, they should make him watch the tape of this Monday Night Game if he asks why.

3 picks, 8 penalties for 89 yards, 30% 3rd down conversion, some of which were on some bizarre play calls, and a general propensity to be undisciplined and fail.  This game is a perfect microcosm of Schwartz' career as Lions head coach.

When the Lions fire Jim Schwartz, they should make him watch the tape of this Monday Night Game if he asks why.

3 picks, 8 penalties for 89 yards, 30% 3rd down conversion, some of which were on some bizarre play calls, and a general propensity to be undisciplined and fail.  This game is a perfect microcosm of Schwartz' career as Lions head coach.

the fact that he hasn't put Chicago AND Green Bay ten miles in the dust while both have backup QBs and high-school-level defenses should be enough reason.... Schwartz is a fool, almost Garrett-like.....

Detroit is EXTREMELY undisciplined and badly coached. Schwartz should've probably been fired after last season.

Coughlin would be a good fit for them if he gets fired.  He's obviously getting up there in years, but the Lions have to think of themselves as a win now kind of team. 

Detroit is EXTREMELY undisciplined and badly coached. Schwartz should've probably been fired after last season.

They showed Harbaugh's record as HOC of the Ravens, and then showed Schwartz record with Detroit.  I didn't realize how really poorly he has done.   First thing I'd do is hire an OC and a QB coach.   Stafford is deteriorating quickly in his mechanics.  What is with the side arm sh!te?

They showed Harbaugh's record as HOC of the Ravens, and then showed Schwartz record with Detroit. I didn't realize how really poorly he has done. First thing I'd do is hire an OC and a QB coach. Stafford is deteriorating quickly in his mechanics. What is with the side arm sh!te?

They should go after Gruden. Gruden would be a good fit there I think.

Gruden is IMHO very overrated. He talks a good game and seems to be "Interviewing" with every MNF game.

I actually think Cohwer who is a stickler for smart, disciplined play would be a much better fit.

But who the hell would want to live and coach in Detroit???

The suburbs around Detroit are actually very nice, kind of like the suburbs around Newark. 

Otherwise, the Lions would have to be a pretty intriguing destination for a lot of hot coaching candidates.  The talent is already in place such that it's a team that could make a decent playoff run if it had better coaching.

The suburbs around Detroit are actually very nice, kind of like the suburbs around Newark. 

Otherwise, the Lions would have to be a pretty intriguing destination for a lot of hot coaching candidates.  The talent is already in place such that it's a team that could make a decent playoff run if it had better coaching.

This is going to be true for a lot of coaching jobs this off-season.... Houston, Washington, Dallas :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: , probably Detroit too.....

This is going to be true for a lot of coaching jobs this off-season.... Houston, Washington, Dallas :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: , probably Detroit too.....

You are fooling yourself.   Dallas just brings in another toothless puppet, while Jones pulls the wrong strings.  Dallas will never win with Jones as the owner.

The problem with the Washington and Dallas jobs... Looney tunes owners. In Dallas' case, a looney tunes owner who also thinks he's Ozzie Newsome.

1. Hope (or selective food poisoning) is all I have left :P ....to be fair Jerry did have a decent draft the last two years, and losing Sean Lee hurts, they need a backup running back badly, but the talent is there (aside of d-line and safety)

2. If they had a puppet with the stones (or brains) to tell the damn QB to hand it off when the lead is 23 points they'd have clinched a playoff spot :P

All I have left is to watch the annual week 17 flex-embarrassment and laugh in my hard liquor.....

1. Hope (or selective food poisoning) is all I have left :P ....to be fair Jerry did have a decent draft the last two years, and losing Sean Lee hurts, they need a backup running back badly, but the talent is there (aside of d-line and safety)

2. If they had a puppet with the stones (or brains) to tell the damn QB to hand it off when the lead is 23 points they'd have clinched a playoff spot :P

All I have left is to watch the annual week 17 flex-embarrassment and laugh in my hard liquor.....

1. There is always the Cowboys Fans petition to the Government to have them remove Jones as owner due to fan abuse.

As far as the draft, I remember Jones getting savaged last year by the experts for their first round pick (that they could have gotten in the 4th round).

How hard is it to just draft players from Oklahoma, because it Jones alma mater?

2. Puppets don't come with stones, that's why they are called puppets.

Also, didn't Jones make Callahan the OC this year? I am sure that Jones has his OC on strict orders to throw the ball to keep Bryant happy and vindicate his contract with Romo.

That is why Dallas will never win a Super Bowl in the Post-Jimmy Johnson era.

1. Look how Obama's screwing up healthcare :P....having the gov't get involved would only make it worse....

And you mean the Cowboys starting center who's stabilized the entire offensive line and filled a major hole on the team?? Maybe he was drafted a bit early but this was no Arian Foster, Fredrick was a GOOD pick, their second pick was Escobar, who maybe drops a few too many but he's been a good TE-2....Terrance Williams has made Miles Austin expendable (and thank God for that, I'm sick of his brittle ass).....and he did grab Joesph Randle in the 5th too, who was an OK backup....three productive players in his first 3 picks is doing your job in the draft!

Even the year before.....Claiborne is a fine man cover guy (and was ideal for Rob Ryan's attack scheme....but this is about Jerry the drafter, not the wanna be DC), Crawford has been on IR all season so can't tell there, Wilber has been moved to DE, and he was ok early on...had a few decent games when Ware was out....again, not awful....but not as many gems as this year....

2. He did, but the idiot ginger took the play calling away around Thanksgiving....and that's right about when the Cowboys got stupid again (shocking)....honestly I can't even blame Dez Bryant for walking off at the end of the game anymore....dude's fed up with the stupidity out there....the 2nd half of this game falls clearly on Garrett....NFL on XM was talking about how a coach (Pete Carroll) calls plays and how he explains the context of the play and the situation as he does....it takes 5 seconds to say "don't check out of the run unless there's 11 guys in the box, and if you have to, don't be afraid to take the sack and keep the clock moving"..... C O A C H I N G  (yes Jerry is a part of the problem.....but even a good puppet has his QB-coach moments .....and as an ex-QB for frak's sake....DO YOUR JOB!)

Taking this team from an attack 3-4 to this idiot stop no one cover 2 scheme....yeah that's on Jerry.....

I still think Jones is a pretty good personnel guy.  Romo was an undrafted QB.  His taking a gamble on Dez Bryant seems to have worked out.  True a few bad signings, some bust draft picks but there isn't a GM that doesn't have those.

Unless he changes his ways though, he'll never really have a great coach to work for him, which is what you really need for success these days.