115 replies to this topic

#41 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

The first and third goals were clearly Marty's fault.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#42 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

The last game they scored 4. I think they did all their scoring for the week then

Yea we got a little bit of a money ball team, and whenever those players who we bought for their production score, they like to score in games where we lose.  So once this game is like 5-0, I expect brunner and ryder to get one each.

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,781 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Pete looked like a man about to peel some paint.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Those 2 points we threw away against the blue jackets are lookin' mighty important right bout' now. Next goal so important, I don't think this team can battle back from down 3.

At this rate they won't even be within ten points of the playoffs.  And yes I know the Metro's crap yadda yadda yadda.  They're not all going to be crap forever.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Hahahah a little bright spot in this awful game, volchenkov high sticked a puck and they blew a whistle and all you hear is the ref, fvck, YOU TOUCHED IT UP HERE VOLCH

#46 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yea we got a little bit of a money ball team, and whenever those players who we bought for their production score, they like to score in games where we lose. So once this game is like 5-0, I expect brunner and ryder to get one each.

Ya most likely hahaga. I'm so frustrated with this it's unbelievable
Lou has to be thinking that it's time for new coach seriously. I don't think johnny mac's team was this bad when he was behind the bench. And johnny mac didn't last this long either

Edited by volchenkov28, 13 December 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#47 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ya most likely hahaga. I'm so frustrated with this it's unbelievable
Lou has to be thinking that it's time for new coach seriously. I don't think johnny mac's team was this bad when he was behind the bench. And johnny mac didn't last this long either

What would a new coach do though? Hed have the same crap lineup Lou gave him with nobody capable of producing on a regular basis

www.SterioDesign.com

#48 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

What would a new coach do though? Hed have the same crap lineup Lou gave him with nobody capable of producing on a regular basis

True but maybe the team needs sumthing new and just not Albany players.

#49 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

2 30+ goal scorers and a few 10-15ers. We don't have that in Albany unfortunately.

Watching this game, made me realize why do we give a sh!t about the playoffs anyway, we are out classed. Try get a 1st in the draft should be the goal, we looking like a draft lottery team.

#50 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

2 30+ goal scorers and a few 10-15ers. We don't have that in Albany unfortunately.

Watching this game, made me realize why do we give a sh!t about the playoffs anyway, we are out classed. Try get a 1st in the draft should be the goal, we looking like a draft lottery team.

Ya that's true. But since the metro division is so bad the sad thing is, is that they actually have a shot at the playoffs if they actually can play hockey. But ur correct with what they should try and get

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,781 posts

If they lose tomorrow, I could see DeBoer MAYBE being fired. But it isn't happening until after tomorrow at the least, and only if they lose (which is a distinct and likely possibility).

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

I dont like a bunch of decisions that pete is taking. But Pete showed what he can do with a good lineup, got them in finals.

Take our finals roster and replace zach, kovy and clarkson by ryder, jagr and clowe. Were not even winning florida.

Actually without all our SO wins that year we would not have made the playoffs. All our SO wins went through zach and kovy too.

What can deboer do about it really?

Edited by SterioDesign, 13 December 2013 - 08:00 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

If this gets out of hand I wanna see yayo, boucher and elias on a line. I just have a feeling that could be magic.

Scratch that it is out of hand :D. put line together debo

Edited by Sneax, 13 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

If they lose tomorrow, I could see DeBoer MAYBE being fired. But it isn't happening until after tomorrow at the least, and only if they lose (which is a distinct and likely possibility).

Which means we'll get wasted today, fall way behind tomorrow then pull off another wild comeback to save Pete again.  It's already happened twice so far this year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#55 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well, for starters, get Janssen, Gionta and Sestito off the ice. That's not making them a cup contender by eliminating these stiffs, but it's something. Second, tell Brodeur it's over and play CS the majority of the games and let him develop a feel and comfort level without looking over his shoulder. People forget CS has never been a full time starter. Third, get a coach who can work with young players and try to get something more out of Tedenby, JJ and Brunner see if they respond to a different voice. All this means nothing if the next coach is a Lou puppet because Pete might as well stay. It's on Lou to do something roster wise and give his coach something. Any other team in this league playing like this and with some decisions made personnel wise would have both the coach and GM on the hot seat. Pete and Lou aren't exactly free from any blame.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 13 December 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#56 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Elias!!!!!

#57 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Gelinas swearing in french there lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#58 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Holy sh!t boys, lets talk more sh!t about them. I think it made em play harder.

#59 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Zubie!!!!!

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Why do they only wait till Pete's one or two games away from being fired before coming out like this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users