Photo

Sat, Dec 14 Tampa Bay at New Jersey7:00 MSG+ (Snow Edition))

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm looking forward to a Clowe-Elias-Brunner line once Clowe starts playing again.

Until then, it would be nice to try Elias-Josefson-Brunner again for a couple games. Although Josefson may not be the best solution, I'm starting to feel like Bernier is getting too much ice time.

Plus, wtf is going on with Henrique?

#62 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I think Adam is fighting some type of injury.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#63 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,352 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Marty always finds ways to prove me wrong, and the problem is nowadays is you never know which Marty you're gonna get.

And that's the problem and remains the problem...it's always nice to see him have a game like last night's, but Marty is now like a .330 hitter who's become a .230 hitter who has an occasional 4-for-4 day or an 8-for-20 burst over multiple games.  His valleys (especially this year) are really bad and have cost the Devils points.   

That being said, Cory has to realize there's a double standard right now, and DeBoer favors Marty.  Cory's in a tough spot, because it looks like DeBoer either doesn't trust him or doesn't want to trust him.  It's not fair, but Cory is going to have to be terrific for 3-4 games at least before he gets any leeway.  As long as he doesn't do that, Marty will continue to get at least half of the starts...sometimes it almost feels like DeBoer wants him to have a 'meh' start so he can go right back to Marty. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 15 December 2013 - 07:50 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#64 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

Cory needs to run away with the job like he was doing earlier in the year.

Marty had a great game last night, I didn't want him to start, that's for sure. But from the first save, he looked pretty controlled out there.

I still Pete needs to give Cory more leeway, and I think next week should still be Cory/Cory/Marty.

#65 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

BTW, so far the Devils are 5-0-0 in games that are part of the weekend 13 game flex plan.  That's the one I have this year, and in those games they've outscored their opposition 17-1.

Time for you to upgrade to a full season plan.
Posted Image

#66 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

marty was solid. he played technical. brunners goal was huge, everyone was thinking "here we go again".  zubie's horrible on that first line! gotta move him to the third where he belongs!! LMAO  want to teach a kid how to play hockey, just watch zajac then work on his shooting :)

bolts gave up in the 3rd, no one wanted the puck behind their net

#67 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,996 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Cory's had some bad games right when Pete has been waiting for him to take the job, but at the same time, he has played against much better teams. It's been frustrating. Deboer has certainly given Brodeur more leash than Cory. Marty has put up way more stinkers than Cory.

I imagine Brodeur will start Wednesday and that sucks. Cory is the perfect goalie for this game. Looking at the last 3 Devils-Senators games: NJ has completely dominated outshooting Ottawa 42-22, 33-11, and 34-14. They have lost all 3 with Brodeur being in nets each time. Simply unacceptable and so have the goals Brodeur has let in.

Having said all that, Brodeur was great last night. 

And since I have been giving Deboer and Janssen crap...the 4th line has been awesome for a while now. A lot of good shifts when the other team isn't quickly jumping Malkin or St Louis on the ice when they see Janssen. But when they have gone against non-superstars, there have been some great shifts. Maybe the positive words from Pete have helped Janssen relax and not try to do to much.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#68 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Time for you to upgrade to a full season plan.

4-0 vs the Rags

5-0 vs the Preds

3-1 vs the Pens

1-0 vs the Sabres

3-0 vs the Bolts (I did not attend this game)

I've also been to two games not part of my 13 game plan.  They're 0-1-1 in those games (opening night vs the Isles and the game vs the Flyers).

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#69 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Marty had great game, I feel sorry for Schneider.

#70 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Would you....

PUT henrique on the wing with elias and brunner? I mean he need to play with good player and need to produce often... Elias and brunner seems to start clicking.

If Brunner play the rest of the season the way he play the last 3 game, he could become a really important player for us for a long time. I love him, but i felt he was invisible at some point. He start well and was really good lately i wish he can produce on a daily bases 

I would love to see

Bernier-Loktionov- Ryder

I know that mean boucher would be out... but i think he need more time in the AHL.

Your thought

#71 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. I was happy that I made it up there from Toms River. It was pretty nasty going up the parkway but we took the train from Metropark and it was smooth sailing from there. All rain on the drive home too so no worries there. I was also pleasantly surprised at the amount of people there given the storm. Anyway, up in the 230's it was pretty loud, frequent chants and people very into it. Then leaving the game everybody was going nuts too, the skyway walking back to Newark Penn reminded me of the tunnel from CAA over to Giants Stadium. Good times were had.

Great game all around.

#72 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Overall our attendance has been poor and the atmosphere in the arena horrible this season.  However, considering what people went through to get to that game on Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout.

Oh, and the "let's go santa" chant started by the Diablos was funny, and probably the most original thing they have come up with to date. 

Posted Image

#73 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Looking at the last 3 Devils-Senators games: NJ has completely dominated outshooting Ottawa 42-22, 33-11, and 34-14. They have lost all 3 with Brodeur being in nets each time. Simply unacceptable and so have the goals Brodeur has let in.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the first Ottawa-NJ game one of Schneider's starts? I think I remember it because it was probably the first subpar game that Schneider played, a few early goals, etc.. Maybe I'm wrong though..

#74 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,352 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I could be wrong, but wasn't the first Ottawa-NJ game one of Schneider's starts? I think I remember it because it was probably the first subpar game that Schneider played, a few early goals, etc.. Maybe I'm wrong though..

The first two games in dr33's list date to last season.  The Devils have only played one game against the Sens so far this season.  Brodeur was in net for a 5-2 loss.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#75 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

The first two games in dr33's list date to last season.  The Devils have only played one game against the Sens so far this season.  Brodeur was in net for a 5-2 loss.

And it was easily Brodeur's worst game of the year, he let in 3 awful goals, and afterwards he talked about the net going to Schneider and all that.

But this game against Tampa was great.  I can't really explain it.  One thing I will say is that this is a game where NJ did the opposite what their critics usually accuse them of doing - the Devils didn't put up a ton of shots, but they got 4 breakaways and capitalized on the chances they got.  Meanwhile Tampa had a lot of shots and attempts at net but they didn't put up a ton of scoring chances.  I bet chances were close to even.  Nice to see NJ play that sort of game.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#76 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

And it was easily Brodeur's worst game of the year, he let in 3 awful goals, and afterwards he talked about the net going to Schneider and all that.

But this game against Tampa was great.  I can't really explain it.  One thing I will say is that this is a game where NJ did the opposite what their critics usually accuse them of doing - the Devils didn't put up a ton of shots, but they got 4 breakaways and capitalized on the chances they got.  Meanwhile Tampa had a lot of shots and attempts at net but they didn't put up a ton of scoring chances.  I bet chances were close to even.  Nice to see NJ play that sort of game.

Yes, it was a very odd game for the Devils, but I'm pretty sure the short term reward (two points) will hurt the team going forward (more Marty). 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#77 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

I too braved the weather and made it to the game that night. It did have some more fans in there than I thought would be there. 

The biggest reactions from the crowd came from Marty's big saves on St.Louis and Kucherov and from the great Santa in a Hawaiian shirt in section 6. 

I couldn't tell the fan reaction to goals cause the goal song remix drowned them out, with the exception of the 'You Suck' tagged on the end, LOL!

Overall a decent night though, great to see them play like that especially on a 2nd night of a back 2 back.

On a side note, where the hell were the Devils Dancers??? I saw a couple of em during the 1st period then they ghosted....

#78 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

I too braved the weather and made it to the game that night. It did have some more fans in there than I thought would be there. 

The biggest reactions from the crowd came from Marty's big saves on St.Louis and Kucherov and from the great Santa in a Hawaiian shirt in section 6. 

I couldn't tell the fan reaction to goals cause the goal song remix drowned them out, with the exception of the 'You Suck' tagged on the end, LOL!

Overall a decent night though, great to see them play like that especially on a 2nd night of a back 2 back.

On a side note, where the hell were the Devils Dancers??? I saw a couple of em during the 1st period then they ghosted....

It seems like there has been an effort made to minimize the role of NJ Devil and the Dancers this season.  At least from my perspective, NJ is rarely seen during timeouts, other than when he throws the T-shirts.  He doesn't really try to start any cheers with the drum.

The Dancers don't even have dance routines anymore.  When they do have a dance routine, it is 1 time in between the first and second period.  Seems like they are being completely phased out, along with Earl and his dance party.

Posted Image

#79 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

It seems like there has been an effort made to minimize the role of NJ Devil and the Dancers this season.  At least from my perspective, NJ is rarely seen during timeouts, other than when he throws the T-shirts.  He doesn't really try to start any cheers with the drum.

The Dancers don't even have dance routines anymore.  When they do have a dance routine, it is 1 time in between the first and second period.  Seems like they are being completely phased out, along with Earl and his dance party.

The Dancers dance more on the ends now instead of their little area in the corner.  I think it;s a lot better as they are closer to the crowd and not hidden away in their little private area away from the fans.  I also see them more in the aisles in the lower level so I see them closer and even more now.

I think they knew the dance routines were going nowhere as their former choreographer was not that good to say the least (she left before last season to start her own studio in Hillsborough).  Their new choreographer is a little better and their song selection is a lot better too for their routines.

I also see them more on the concourse by the entrances to greet people with a nice touch.  Honestly, I think I see them more now than before and thankfully not the in-your-face type of seeing them.

As for NJ Devil, while I like him I too was getting tired of seeing him after literally every whistle.  It was getting a bit much.

#80 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

The Dancers dance more on the ends now instead of their little area in the corner.  I think it;s a lot better as they are closer to the crowd and not hidden away in their little private area away from the fans.  I also see them more in the aisles in the lower level so I see them closer and even more now.

I think they knew the dance routines were going nowhere as their former choreographer was not that good to say the least (she left before last season to start her own studio in Hillsborough).  Their new choreographer is a little better and their song selection is a lot better too for their routines.

I also see them more on the concourse by the entrances to greet people with a nice touch.  Honestly, I think I see them more now than before and thankfully not the in-your-face type of seeing them.

As for NJ Devil, while I like him I too was getting tired of seeing him after literally every whistle.  It was getting a bit much.

Maybe you're right with the dancers.  From where I sit, you can only see the 4 of them on the far end of the arena at intermittent points during the game.  Other than when they unfurl the flag by the Diablos and toss the t-shirts, you never really see them.  I never see them by the Lafayette Street entrance when I come into the arena.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users