Photo

Sat, Dec 14 Tampa Bay at New Jersey7:00 MSG+ (Snow Edition))

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

The Dancers dance more on the ends now instead of their little area in the corner.  I think it;s a lot better as they are closer to the crowd and not hidden away in their little private area away from the fans.  I also see them more in the aisles in the lower level so I see them closer and even more now.

I think they knew the dance routines were going nowhere as their former choreographer was not that good to say the least (she left before last season to start her own studio in Hillsborough).  Their new choreographer is a little better and their song selection is a lot better too for their routines.

I also see them more on the concourse by the entrances to greet people with a nice touch.  Honestly, I think I see them more now than before and thankfully not the in-your-face type of seeing them.

As for NJ Devil, while I like him I too was getting tired of seeing him after literally every whistle.  It was getting a bit much.

Oh I been to quite a few home games so far and I did notice the dancers are a little better this season and I saw them on the lower aisles and on the ends behind the goals.

But it stood out this past game that they were totally gone from those posts altogether. I cant say it was the weather cause I did see them in the 1st period.

#82 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Regarding the dancers, all 16 are in the building for every game.  Last year they only had a select 8 for each game.  This year they have 4 on each platform behind the nets, and the remaining 8 stay on the main stage.  I think it's cheesy to have dancers / cheerleaders in hockey anyways.  The Devils are the only team with cheerleaders.  I wouldn't mind if they got rid of them.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#83 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Regarding the dancers, all 16 are in the building for every game.  Last year they only had a select 8 for each game.  This year they have 4 on each platform behind the nets, and the remaining 8 stay on the main stage.  I think it's cheesy to have dancers / cheerleaders in hockey anyways.  The Devils are the only team with cheerleaders.  I wouldn't mind if they got rid of them.

Not true. I went to the NJ @ Panthers game last season and they have dancers + ice girls there. 

I know the Kings have ice girls as well and a bunch of teams use them as well. Dancers....so far I only seen 2 personally but it wont be something they show on televised gametime.

#84 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Not true. I went to the NJ @ Panthers game last season and they have dancers + ice girls there. 

I know the Kings have ice girls as well and a bunch of teams use them as well. Dancers....so far I only seen 2 personally but it wont be something they show on televised gametime.

The Hurricanes use a "storm squad," which is essence the same thing as the Devils Dancers.

Posted Image

#85 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

The Hurricanes use a "storm squad," which is essence the same thing as the Devils Dancers.

Islanders have ice girls and dancers too.

#86 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Oh.  And I forgot about the Storm Squad.

Still think it's cheesy though.

At least they're not ice girls.  I feel ice girls don't serve a true purpose.  At least the dancers are part of the entertainment.

BTW, my friend's sister was actually a dancer for the Nets for a couple of years.  She actually went to school for dance and whatnot, and she loved it. She's a dance instructor right now, and does mostly hip hop.

Edited by Mike Brown, 17 December 2013 - 06:10 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#87 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Oh. And I forgot about the Storm Squad.

Still think it's cheesy though.

At least they're not ice girls. I feel ice girls don't serve a true purpose. At least the dancers are part of the entertainment.

BTW, my friend's sister was actually a dancer for the Nets for a couple of years. She actually went to school for dance and whatnot, and she loved it. She's a dance instructor right now, and does mostly hip hop.

hey hey hey- those ice girls practice their ice shoveling routines very hard. Don't you disparage them or sully their good name!

#88 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

i would like this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SOLD6is7otI

Edited by sundstrom, 17 December 2013 - 10:11 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#89 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Woah.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#90 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

awwwww, post it again

This video has been removed because its content violated YouTube'sTerms of Service.

#91 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

http://kevinkaduk.tu...20-000-worth-of

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users