42 replies to this topic

#21 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

I don't see anyone making a big deal out of this at all. I think most of us just think it's funny that the ownership would send out an e-mail for a Devils game to a group of people who are most likely Flyers fans. I laughed.

hey if it sells one more ticket than they'd sell w/o the emails, I say go for it

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#22 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

I was referring to the winter classic games, which have nothing to do with our arena.

maybe if you were a little more specific I could've figured that out
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#23 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

maybe if you were a little more specific I could've figured that out

even though the link to the article that started this thread referred to the winter classic game, and even though I mentioned two other winter classic games being played, I thought it was obvious.  I will make sure to dummy it up for you in the future.

#24 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

I just think it's more distressing that the Devils are struggling to sell tickets to a friggin outdoor game at Yankee Stadium that will be shown in NBC coast to coast.

For me, its the venue. Yankee stadium will be horrible for watching an outdoor game and look very unimpressive on tv IMO.

And the new owners are soul-less corporate stiffs. Can they just pay the bills and leave things alone?

#25 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

I don't see anyone making a big deal out of this at all. I think most of us just think it's funny that the ownership would send out an e-mail for a Devils game to a group of people who are most likely Flyers fans. I laughed.

I think Colin and I were more talking about people making a big deal about the ticket sales for the game.

Edited by dmann422, 19 December 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#26 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

You guys are making a bigger deal than it is. The NYR-NJD game is the least of the league's worries, it's more or less 95% sold out.

They're having REAL trouble with the NYR-NYI game, I'd say they've sold 60% of those tickets. Same with ANA-LA...

Edited by DJ Eco, 19 December 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#27 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

even though the link to the article that started this thread referred to the winter classic game, and even though I mentioned two other winter classic games being played, I thought it was obvious.  I will make sure to dummy it up for you in the future.

i didnt waste my time reading your other postings.. just saw the post i was referring to.. but yea be sure to do that.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#28 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Eh I think the game will be okay, as far as sight lines are concerned.  I've been to a couple Pinstripe Bowls now (Yeah, Rutgers goes to those real prestigious bowl games) and they've all been relatively enjoyable as far as viewing is concerned.  

I'm admittedly a little unfamiliar with how the two layouts compare (football field vs. hockey rink), but if they don't completely fvck it up it should be okay.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#29 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

This isn't a big deal, but it just goes to show how tone deaf the new management is to the fan bases of its franchises.  If they sell 1 ticket to the game this way, I'd be surprised.

Posted Image

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

I don't see why people assume because there's inventory left that the game isn't selling. If anything they're holding inventory to try and sell stuff that actually isn't moving (season tickets/plans).
But yeah ownership is tone deaf trying to move tickets 'this' way. They probably think they're just rewarding their own sth's for enduring tank mode.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 oat77

oat77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

I know most of you guys are from North Jersey, but I'm in South Jersey about 10 minutes outside of philly. I know a bunch of people that are Devils fans AND sixers or eagles or phillies fans.  I realize a majority are not Devs fans, but their not all flyers either.

The marketing of Jerseys Team is non existent down here, but there is potential.  This is only a good thing. People complain about the lack of marketing and when they finally do it, and to new people, they complain about that.  I'll be attending with a phillies/eagles fan, and a Red Wings fan who just loves hockey and doesn't care about Devils or rangers. 

"I love working for New Jersey," Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."

#32 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

It would make more sense to email Devils fans about Sixers tickets. The Nets are gone, and the Sixers cant give tickets away.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#33 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

It would make more sense to email Devils fans about Sixers tickets. The Nets are gone, and the Sixers cant give tickets away.

i would have to imagine whatever nets fans were around would still be fans of the team they didnt move very far ...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

i would have to imagine whatever nets fans were around would still be fans of the team they didnt move very far ...

You'd be surprised how many people have sworn them off now that they're no longer a 'Jersey team'.  Some people take state pride to the nth degree given that we're always seen as New York's nameless cousin.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

You'd be surprised how many people have sworn them off now that they're no longer a 'Jersey team'.  Some people take state pride to the nth degree given that we're always seen as New York's nameless cousin.

i can understand this.. i was just thinking about it like if the devils were to move to a neighboring state i would still follow and be a fan of the team ya know.. but i definently agree that im sure a lot of people look at it the way you mentioned.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#36 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

stupidest thread ever; how are we tanking without a first round pick, just shuddup

Posted Image

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

stupidest thread ever; how are we tanking without a first round pick, just shuddup

Dude it's the Sixers that are tanking.  And they're the ones being offered the tickets.  

#38 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

haha ok i chuckled, why not sell to yankees fans who are also rangers fans

edit: my bad

Edited by lazer, 19 December 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Posted Image

#39 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

the price point for the games are on par with stanley cup finals tickets, add in a terrible economy with 2 teams struggling playing and you get what you get.

Dead on.

The prices are astronomical, so that cuts out a ton of potential buyers right there.

Then the fact that you will freeze your ass off; that takes away some more people.

Finally, the fact that both teams are sucking at the moment all combines for a stadium with seats still available.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#40 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

I know I dropped my support for the Nets immediately after I left the Rock following their final home game.. Decided to become a Sixers fan though I'll only buy their stuff if they ever win a championship.. I'd rather support a Philly team with our same owner than a team that ran to NYC

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users