42 replies to this topic

#41 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

I don't see why people assume because there's inventory left that the game isn't selling. If anything they're holding inventory to try and sell stuff that actually isn't moving (season tickets/plans).

You NAILED it on the head. Islanders-Rangers is the one that's not selling. Rangers-Devils is pretty much sold out. I'm sure the Devils held out on selling them all to push a few more season tickets or small-scale corporate sponsorships. It's pretty well documented that the Devils-Rangers game has been the much bigger draw.

#42 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

You NAILED it on the head. Islanders-Rangers is the one that's not selling. Rangers-Devils is pretty much sold out. I'm sure the Devils held out on selling them all to push a few more season tickets or small-scale corporate sponsorships. It's pretty well documented that the Devils-Rangers game has been the much bigger draw.

id assume that for ranger fans as well the much bigger more desired game to attend would be the devils game over the islanders.. the rivalry is just as fun for them as it is for us... i mean if it was the other way around and the devils played twice and the opponents were between the rags and isles... well i think we can all figure out what game we would all be buying first
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#43 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

I know I dropped my support for the Nets immediately after I left the Rock following their final home game.. Decided to become a Sixers fan though I'll only buy their stuff if they ever win a championship.. I'd rather support a Philly team with our same owner than a team that ran to NYC

I swore them off when they first announced the plans to move years ago. I loved that team, I'm still heartbroken. I have an apartment in Philly, and started supporting the Sixers also. It's not just that they left, it's how they left. When have teams ever been permitted to relocate in any league after a brand new stadium has been built in their market? They had the opportunity to stay and grow in New Jersey. Ratner's a criminal. At this point, for most of the state, the Sixers are the closest NBA team whether it be distance or travel time.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users