Photo

Stadium Series Game: Are you going?

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

Poll: Stadium Series: Are you going? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Stadium Series: Are you going?

1. Yes, I purchased a ticket(s) (32 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

2. Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. No, tickets are too expensive (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

4. No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better (16 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. No (other) (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

I was wondering how many people here are going to the game.  And if not, why?

To me, I'd love to be part of history, and want to support my team, but the majority of seats will have almost no viewing angle for the game.  I'd rather be able to see the game on TV.

Edited by oofrostonoo, 19 December 2013 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

I purchased 3 tickets during the Rangers pre-sale.

I want to be there.

#3 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm not going because it's too expensive for having to sit in the cold, barely able to see anything. I'm sure it'll be neat though.

#4 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

No it is too much of a gamble. Weather and site line. Plus too expensive for good seats along with hassle to get there and back.

I watch on TV.

Harris is offering Sixers STH tickets to the Devils stadium game, that must piss off the Sixers fans.

#5 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

as of right now im not going.. not because its expensive i dont care about that but because i have no interest in sitting outside in the freezing cold
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hell yeah I'm going, got tickets for my Dad and myself.  Fully prepared to brave a blizzard if I need to.

I want this to be a memory for the ages.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#7 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

If I had the leave available, I'd be there, but being stationed elsewhere kinda isn't conducive [grrrr]

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#8 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

I would like to go just for the experience but it's a 6 hour drive, ~$80 in gas and tolls, plus the cost of tickets.

Id rather pay a lower price for better views and warmer seats at the rock (I'll probably make it to the Columbus game) or verizon center when they visit in the spring.

#9 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'm not going because it's too expensive for having to sit in the cold, barely able to see anything. I'm sure it'll be neat though.

Agree, my reason for not going is the 3 & 4 combination. 

Posted Image

#10 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

As far as the cold... as long as you're dressed appropriately it shouldn't be an issue.

What scared me away was the Yankee's seat previewer.  You can see what your view would look like form your seat online, and the majority of the view's I saw from seats I could get were so low to the ground you wouldn't be able to see anything.

This game seems like a great headline for the NHL... a game from world famous Yankee Stadium, but as far as I'm concerned the fan's are just a prop for TV.

I almost wish the Devils got it in 2015 so they could play it in Met Life Stadium.  There is much more upper deck there where sight lines would be good (still far away, but at least you can see the entire sheet of ice.

Posted Image

#11 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Not feeling it, due to reasons stated above (poor sightlines, cold).  The older I get, the more I detest freezing my ass off when I don't have to.  But if I was 10 to 20 years younger, I'd probably feel differently.  And I would suck it up for a Patriot playoff game if I had to...I just don't feel like the stakes are high enough in a regular-season NHL game I guess.   

This being said, I can understand why it appeals to some even if it's pricey.  And for those who do go, I'm sure most of them will enjoy it.  Just not my thing. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#12 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

The NHL has beaten this outdoor thing to death. Hockey is usually played indoors for a reason. It’s better for the players as the ice is a lot better and the viewing experience is a lot better as you are a lot closer to the action amongst others. The once a year outdoor game was a great idea and made it a special event, even for people who don’t regularly follow hockey.
Every junkie doses his drugs better than the NHL did the outdoor games. Outside of the teams fan bases, nobody is going to care out these games forward going.

#13 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

If I had the $, I'd be there and would have bought the tickets when they first came on sale..  

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

As far as the cold... as long as you're dressed appropriately it shouldn't be an issue.

What scared me away was the Yankee's seat previewer.  You can see what your view would look like form your seat online, and the majority of the view's I saw from seats I could get were so low to the ground you wouldn't be able to see anything.

This game seems like a great headline for the NHL... a game from world famous Yankee Stadium, but as far as I'm concerned the fan's are just a prop for TV.

I almost wish the Devils got it in 2015 so they could play it in Met Life Stadium.  There is much more upper deck there where sight lines would be good (still far away, but at least you can see the entire sheet of ice.

I dont think Yankee Stadium will look spectacular on tv. The bleacher seats will be far away from the rink, there will probably be empty seats in the 'moat seats', i.e. the ritzy seats behind home plate and along the baselines because you wont be able to see anything from there. I agree its too bad we couldnt have it at MetLife. Michigan Stadium and Soldier Field will both look amazing on TV with the hoards of people seen at every angle.

Edited by devlman, 19 December 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#15 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

80 bucks to get in the door before TM fees? No thank you. 50... maybe but 80 no way. Plus getting to Yankee Stadium is so out of the way.

#16 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

I dont think Yankee Stadium will look spectacular on tv. The bleacher seats will be far away from the rink, there will probably be empty seats in the 'moat seats', i.e. the ritzy seats behind home plate and along the baselines because you wont be able to see anything from there. I agree its too bad we couldnt have it at MetLife. Michigan Stadium and Soldier Field will both look amazing on TV with the hoards of people seen at every angle.

I mean the stadium is so iconic with the arches and everything I think it will look great from the blimp and I'm sure there will be a lot of great camera shots showing off the location.

Posted Image

#17 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'll be there.  I may not have good sight lines for the rink, but I made sure that I have good sight lines for the video board in centerfield. (In case the rink sightlines do actually suck.)

(Yeah I know watching TV outdoors.) :doh1:  

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#18 Crisis

Crisis

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'll be there!  Section 420B, so I'll be able to see it all.  

"People said his brain was infected by Devils."
Posted Image

#19 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

I really wanted to go, but the more I thought about it, I just couldn't justify dropping the money needed to get decent seats. I'll enjoy it from my couch and alternate between wishing I was there and being glad I'm not haha.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#20 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'll be there!  Section 420B, so I'll be able to see it all.  

I will be in that section as well with 4 friends.  The ticket prices for this thing are ridiculous, and the sight lines are not very conducive for watching hockey.  However, this is an experience that I wasn't going to let pass as it is unlikely the Devils are back in an outdoor game anytime soon, unless the NHL makes the huge mistake of doing this Stadium series BS every year and completely kills it.  I mean, look at the trouble they are having selling tickets for the Rags-Isles and Ducks-Kings games.  If that isn't a huge red flag for the NHL suits, I don't know what is. 

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users