Photo

Stadium Series Game: Are you going?

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

Poll: Stadium Series: Are you going? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Stadium Series: Are you going?

1. Yes, I purchased a ticket(s) (32 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

2. Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. No, tickets are too expensive (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

4. No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better (16 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. No (other) (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Yikes. Didn't mean for this to devolve into a debate on weather prognostications.

Just noticed the number of available tickets on the Hub has gone from around 5k to 1600 give or take. I'm guessing some of the listings expired??

no it's my fault, I take this stuff to heart and haven't been on these boards in a while.

I can't wait for the game, I'll definitely be sporting two layers of full under armour.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 January 2014 - 04:03 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#222 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

damnn youre right.. about 4k tickets just disappeared
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#223 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

damnn youre right.. about 4k tickets just disappeared

It's because all tickets are hard-copies and so the listings have to end today.

#224 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Ugh... People talking about meteorology with absolutely no background knowledge or education about it. Drives me nuts because its my major. They do not predict a crazy winter every year, that's either a BS source or you are making it up. They were 'right' this year because Canada had an early snow cover which is causing colder than normal air masses. They never just make stuff up or make predictions based on nothing.

This!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#225 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

I never said they were important, but like all agencies they have to justify why they should receive funding.  Stories about calm and serene weather are not going to get them attention but doom and glooms do.  It's a fact of life and wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

This assumes NOAA is woefully underfunded (which it is not) to the point where many scientists from different backgrounds/fields unanimously agree to sacrifice the quality/integrity of the very work they do and study, as well as their livelihood, just for NOAA to receive more funding? Not everything is a conspiracy.

I do agree with you that NOAA's predictions have been sh!t the past few years. They always modify the prediction halfway through the hurricane season so they dont look as bad lol.

#226 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

The subways and Path generally still run fine in the snow.  There may be delays here and there but you shouldn't get stranded or have trouble getting to the game in case of snow.

Taking the GWB into the Bronx on the other-hand when it's snowing might be a bit of a problem.

Getting a Garage in Jersey City/Hoboken/Harrison isn't a bad way to go either.  Hop on the path to the subway!

Yeah, snow has a hard time passing right through the ground and landing on the subway tracks. :wink2:

Incidentally, the D Train is underground the entire distance between 6th Avenue/33rd Street and Yankee Stadium, and the 4 Train is only above ground right around Yankee Stadium if you are coming from Manhattan.  (The latter might have issues during a snowstorm when leaving Yankee Stadium and heading back to Manhattan because the line is above ground for much of its route further north in the Bronx.)

Edited by CHIP72, 22 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#227 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

BesO6A-CcAMDhoN.jpg

#228 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

oh man looks sick!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#229 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

If anybody needs tickets

ss-ovrlay-lastminholds2.png

believe-zubrus.jpg

#230 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

They'd better come up with a plan B to sell those tickets... I just peeked to see what they had left.. one of the pairs were in 428 row 3 for 229+fees, meanwhile stubhub has 429/row10 & 425/row3 for under $100

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#231 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

They'd better come up with a plan B to sell those tickets... I just peeked to see what they had left.. one of the pairs were in 428 row 3 for 229+fees, meanwhile stubhub has 429/row10 & 425/row3 for under $100

The Devils really thought they were gonna hold tickets and use them as leverage to get people to buy Season tix

"Buy season tickets and you will have the PRIVILEGE of paying astronomical prices for an outdoor game!!!"

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#232 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

I see that KISS is performing for the game out at the Dodger Stadium. Any idea what awful band might be playing in the Bronx on Sunday?

#233 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

I see that KISS is performing for the game out at the Dodger Stadium. Any idea what awful band might be playing in the Bronx on Sunday?

Apparently Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes are playing during the first intermission from what I heard. Which actually isn't bad- if you're a Bruce fan, you're pretty much a Southside fan.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#234 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Apparently Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes are playing during the first intermission from what I heard. Which actually isn't bad- if you're a Bruce fan, you're pretty much a Southside fan.

Pathetic that we couldn't get a better act at a major sporting event in NYC

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#235 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Maybe Bruce will show up.

#236 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Thanks! This is confirmed by Southside Johnny's Facebook and Twitter.

Maybe Bruce will show up.

Bruce has a gig in South Africa that night

Edited by McMullen82, 24 January 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#237 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thanks! This is confirmed by Southside Johnny's Facebook and Twitter.

Bruce has a gig in South Africa that night

Then that's a long commute for a Sunday afternoon..

#238 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Tickets on the Hub now tanking as sellers try to get anything they can for them.  Pickup only now.

"Pick up your tickets before the event at the designated StubHub Last Minute Service Center (we'll give you the pickup location and time before you place your order)"

Edit: The pickup location is the Bronx Terminal Market which the Hub says is a 10 minute walk from the stadium.

Devils selling tickets for $225 each you can buy now on the Hub for $85. Too too funny.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 24 January 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#239 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Yeahhh the Devils goofed by withholding tickets.

It's going to embarrassing if this game isn't mostly sold out.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#240 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

have to wonder how many empty seats there are going to be.. but oh well its their own fault for trying to hold tickets to get people to buy seasons for one game it obviously didnt work.. reality check.. its also going to be a high of like 18degrees ... im sure that alone will turn a lot of peoples interest away from sitting out there
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users