Photo

Stadium Series Game: Are you going?

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

Poll: Stadium Series: Are you going? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Stadium Series: Are you going?

1. Yes, I purchased a ticket(s) (32 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

2. Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. No, tickets are too expensive (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

4. No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better (16 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. No (other) (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Also funny to see the STH who used the presale to play amateur ticket brokers buy extras and now face the choice of getting stuck with them or taking a hit.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#242 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Also funny to see the STH who used the presale to play amateur ticket brokers buy extras and now face the choice of getting stuck with them or taking a hit.

im sure there were also a handful of people who ended up making a profit this way also.. remember when tickets first went on sale everyone was acting like they were going to be so hard to get because it was "sold out"
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#243 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

have to wonder how many empty seats there are going to be.. but oh well its their own fault for trying to hold tickets to get people to buy seasons for one game it obviously didnt work.. reality check.. its also going to be a high of like 18degrees ... im sure that alone will turn a lot of peoples interest away from sitting out there

This is one of the factors making me balk at the moment.  On one hand I know I may never get to see another spectacle like this involving the Devils, on the other hand I have to make the trip from central Jersey into the Bronx, pick up my tickets and sit in a seat where I probably won't be able to see much in 20 degree weather.  The once in a lifetime aspect still has me checking tickets though.  I'm going back and forth on it. 

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 24 January 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#244 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

have to wonder how many empty seats there are going to be.. but oh well its their own fault for trying to hold tickets to get people to buy seasons for one game it obviously didnt work.. reality check.. its also going to be a high of like 18degrees ... im sure that alone will turn a lot of peoples interest away from sitting out there

I'm thinking that 8000 figure that the memo earlier in the week stated is going to be pretty accurate.

Devils sales certainly have a knack for shooting themselves in their own foot don't they?

#245 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

This is one of the factors making me balk at the moment.  On one hand I know I may never get to see another spectacle like this involving the Devils, on the other hand I have to make the trip from central Jersey into the Bronx, pick up my tickets and sit in a seat where I probably won't be able to see much in 20 degree weather.  The once in a lifetime aspect still has been checking tickets though.  I'm going back and forth on it.

iam in the exact same boat.. i wont lie iam a baby when it comes to being cold i hate it.. but at the same time i know i will be able to get tickets for about half of what people paid for them face value.. i cant decide.. if i go tonight im not going sunday..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#246 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

I'm thinking that 8000 figure that the memo earlier in the week stated is going to be pretty accurate.

Devils sales certainly have a knack for shooting themselves in their own foot don't they?

You would THINK they could hire someone who, you know, has a clue of what they're doing.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 24 January 2014 - 11:46 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#247 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

im sure there were also a handful of people who ended up making a profit this way also.. remember when tickets first went on sale everyone was acting like they were going to be so hard to get because it was "sold out"

Oh, absolutely, i am sure some did, but if you know this team well as a STH or hardcore fan then you knew not to believe the hype and there had to be hold backs.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#248 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Out of curiosity, anyone familiar with Yankee Stadium: what do the Legends Suite tickets give you? And would those amenities apply to this game?

#249 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

The NHL almost always misses with musical performances and this is another bad one.  What age demographic are they pleasing with this?  45+ at least? A modern New Jersey band like Gaslight Anthem would seem to be perfect for this type of thing, i can't imagine their fee would be on par with Cee-loo Green if not less.

Half the guys in the band are Devils fans and half are Rangers fans,  they even made custom devils/rangers t-shirts during that playoff run a few years back.  Missed opportunity!

Posted Image

#250 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Out of curiosity, anyone familiar with Yankee Stadium: what do the Legends Suite tickets give you? And would those amenities apply to this game?

i believe those are the field boxes? my buddys grandfather owns one for the yanks its actually right next to jay z's across the isles its pretty sweet... anyways normally it gives you access to the restaurant anything you want to eat and drink(no alcohol) aand there are also menus in the seats where you can order whatever you want and they bring it down to you free of charge
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#251 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Free food and soda and access to an indoor area thats heated may be worth a few extra bucks if thats what Legends offer for this game.

#252 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

I almost did it. I thought I was going to be able to get 3 more tickets than I was really allotted and intended on buying extras to sell for profit, thought it'd help me fund my season ticket plan haha..

Glad it didn't work that way and I only got the amount of tickets I am going to use. Phew..

#253 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Free food and soda and access to an indoor area thats heated may be worth a few extra bucks if thats what Legends offer for this game.

"Free"

Posted Image

#254 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

.. its also going to be a high of like 18degrees ...

As of right now, the national weather service has this forecast for the zip code 10451:

Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

I realize 24 is still plenty cold, but let's not make it worse than it is. I'll take every degree I can get.

#255 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

As of right now, the national weather service has this forecast for the zip code 10451:
Partly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

I realize 24 is still plenty cold, but let's not make it worse than it is. I'll take every degree I can get.

whatever makes you feel better about it... but with that wind chill its going to feel a whole hell of a lot colder then 18degrees anyways
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#256 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

I heard that Nordiques Nation is going.

#257 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

I heard that Nordiques Nation is going.

Are you being sarcastic or serious?

Because I've dealt with that once, and that was enough.  They were pleasant enough personally, but their message is insulting (in my mind).

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#258 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Didn't someone here post a link to a web cam showing the prep at the stadium? I can't find it. Is it still live?

#259 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

If those are the field level seats (and I believe they are), you won't be able to see the game from the seats.

Posted Image

#260 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

The NHL almost always misses with musical performances and this is another bad one. What age demographic are they pleasing with this? 45+ at least? A modern New Jersey band like Gaslight Anthem would seem to be perfect for this type of thing, i can't imagine their fee would be on par with Cee-loo Green if not less.

Half the guys in the band are Devils fans and half are Rangers fans, they even made custom devils/rangers t-shirts during that playoff run a few years back. Missed opportunity!

Gaslight is sick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users