Photo

Stadium Series Game: Are you going?

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

Poll: Stadium Series: Are you going? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Stadium Series: Are you going?

1. Yes, I purchased a ticket(s) (32 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

2. Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. No, tickets are too expensive (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

4. No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better (16 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. No (other) (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#341 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Are they going to play a goal song when the Rangers score?

I hope not, but I can see us getting screwed like that...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#342 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Are they going to play a goal song when the Rangers score?

I hope not, but I can see us getting screwed like that...

Lets hope we don't find out

#343 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Two hours before game time there are thousands of tix on stubhub! Plenty available for 30-50 bucks!!!
Posted Image

#344 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Two hours before game time there are thousands of tix on stubhub! Plenty available for 30-50 bucks!!!

I was watching TSN and apparently tickets went for really cheap at the last minute for the ANA - LA game as well. Don't know about thousands being available for that one, but they had to drop prices to achieve a sellout.

Posted Image

#345 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

This is when I wish I lived a lot closer to NYC.

I wonder how many fans decided to pass on the game because of the cold weather.  Based on other comments, it appears more Rangers fans decided to pass on the game. :thumbsup:

#346 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

This is when I wish I lived a lot closer to NYC.

I wonder how many fans decided to pass on the game because of the cold weather.  Based on other comments, it appears more Rangers fans decided to pass on the game. :thumbsup:

the rangers fans won the social media showdown there or whatever 61%-39% but idk about other people, but I have Verizon and my data connection was dead in Yankee Stadium. I think Verizon's more popular in NJ so maybe that's why? I could be making that up

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#347 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

the rangers fans won the social media showdown there or whatever 61%-39% but idk about other people, but I have Verizon and my data connection was dead in Yankee Stadium. I think Verizon's more popular in NJ so maybe that's why? I could be making that up

My response to social media polls - #whogivesash!t!

Dumbest thing ever.

There were a huge contingent of devils fans at the stadium today. I'd say it was 50-50. Too bad the team sh!t the bed in the 2nd and 3rd. Overall, the atmosphere was great. Didn't see one fight in the stands and everyone was generally cool with each other just psyched to be in that environment.
Posted Image

#348 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

My response to social media polls - #whogivesash!t!

Dumbest thing ever.

There were a huge contingent of devils fans at the stadium today. I'd say it was 50-50. Too bad the team sh!t the bed in the 2nd and 3rd. Overall, the atmosphere was great. Didn't see one fight in the stands and everyone was generally cool with each other just psyched to be in that environment.

It definitely looked pretty close to 50/50.  People were saying there was more Devils fans according to the media.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#349 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

I have verizon and had the same problem. I had basically no signal the entire time.

#350 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

It was at least 50/50 - had the Devils continued their lead I think we would've seen the appearance of it being more Devils' fans. Even Trautwig and John McEnroe commented on MSG postgame how it was more Devils fans.

#351 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Great atmosphere

sh!t performance by the team....

I think we still lose if Cory started

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these every 4-5 years

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#352 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Great atmosphere

sh!t performance by the team....

I think we still lose if Cory started

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these every 4-5 years

I think we'll see another one. Maybe not next year but the year after.

Overall the event was a success. 

I can see them doing one at Citi Field 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#353 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, there were lots of Devils fans there - it was great.

Until people started leaving after the second period.  I mean, I get it..it was cold, Rangers fans were really starting to pour it on..but it was still disappointing to see a lot of the red leave the stadium.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#354 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,573 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Until people started leaving after the second period. I mean, I get it..it was cold, Rangers fans were really starting to pour it on..but it was still disappointing to see a lot of the red leave the stadium.

I decided to leave about 10 minutes into the third - as we were leaving we stopped and watched Stepan's goal on the concourse and then continued on our way. I was in the bleachers and really didn't think i'd make it past the first and I was layered up pretty well and even brought a blanket. When our friends ordered hot chocolate it wasn't even hot by the time it got to them. It was friggen cold out.

I can't speak for anyone else - I did have a blast - and the score didn't influence my reason to leave. I just simply couldnt take the cold. My buddies who just moved back from an army base in Alaska struggled too. It was rough. Once my feet went completely numb I knew it was time to go.

Edited by sykkie15, 27 January 2014 - 10:13 AM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#355 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, there were lots of Devils fans there - it was great.

Until people started leaving after the second period. I mean, I get it..it was cold, Rangers fans were really starting to pour it on..but it was still disappointing to see a lot of the red leave the stadium.

I left but I was paranoid about the snow as much as anything else, really did not want to drive home a half hour from the train station on hideous roads, but I'm not going to lie there was a bit of 'if they're not going to try then I ain't dealing with this crap another hour' bitterness involved too (the Devils quit long before the fans did) and the weather was mild for me considering I was under an overhang. Had to be worse the more exposed you were or the higher up you went.

Plus driving in was a joke from what I heard, really can't blame people for beating the traffic in that case either.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 January 2014 - 10:39 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#356 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

I left but I was paranoid about the snow as much as anything else, really did not want to drive home a half hour from the train station on hideous roads, but I'm not going to lie there was a bit of 'if they're not going to try then I ain't dealing with this crap another hour' bitterness involved too (the Devils quit long before the fans did) and the weather was mild for me considering I was under an overhang. Had to be worse the more exposed you were or the higher up you went.

Plus driving in was a joke from what I heard, really can't blame people for beating the traffic in that case either.

I don't think it was an effort thing. Lot of bad pinching in and some bad goals. The ice was pretty bad to get a comeback going. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#357 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

There was almost no action at all in my end of the ice (Devils attacking end) during the second period, they didn't compete at all after the first.
Jagr said as much after the game too.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#358 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

The Devils put 3 goals on the board in the blink of an eye...then Brodeur broke their backs. My god if it was even 4-3 heading into the 3rd it's still a game and reason to stick around.

I can't blame the team. They were shellshocked. When can you ever remember a Devils game where we were up 3-1 in the 1st and down 6-3 before the 2nd even ended

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#359 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

What do people plan to do with their SS stuff, especially since this was not a pleasant result as a Devils fan? Wear it? Stash it for collectible purposes?  I didn't buy anything SS related on purpose outside of a few shirts when they first came out. One, I figured a lot of it would go on sale afterwards and 2) since this stuff is not cheap, if they lost, it would be good money spent to have a reminder of a loss to the Rangers that we are all bound to hear for a long time regardless. I'm still glad the Devils participated in this event and i was able to attend, but that game still really stings. Maybe time will help and i can talk myself into one of those red parkas.....

Edited by TheRedStorm, 27 January 2014 - 11:42 AM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#360 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

I didn't buy a single piece of SS merchandise, I just have my ticket and that's all I need.  Those parkas were decent though, how much were those going for? The coaches jackets are $599 on Shop.NHL.com, what a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users