Photo

Stadium Series Game: Are you going?

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

Poll: Stadium Series: Are you going? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Stadium Series: Are you going?

1. Yes, I purchased a ticket(s) (32 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

2. Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. No, tickets are too expensive (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

4. No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better (16 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. No (other) (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

at that point if your trooping it all the way out there to sit in the cold .. you might as well spend the extra $100 to be able to atleast enjoy the game... i mean enless your someone who is only going to get drunk and say that they went and doesnt care about the actual game then the bleachers would be the place to sit

My seats are in the bleachers but row 1 that I got in the rangers presale. I talked to a guy who was at the last winter classic in Philly and he said I should be able to see most of it. He also said it's still better than the field seats around home plate in the first few rows.

#142 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

My seats are in the bleachers but row 1 that I got in the rangers presale. I talked to a guy who was at the last winter classic in Philly and he said I should be able to see most of it. He also said it's still better than the field seats around home plate in the first few rows.

yea id imagine that sounds about right... i couldnt imagine the seats behind home plate that are low to the field will be able to see much of anything at all..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#143 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

Both my buddy and his brother won that too. As did a bunch of people on my Facebook.

Small amount held back my ass.

Lol you serious?  How many do you think they held back?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#144 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Lol you serious? How many do you think they held back?

100% honest.

Plus you should know better by know that the devils are always full of it when it comes to these sort of things. In past seasons (especially in 2010-11 season) where they had contest for free tickets and later on we find out that everyone who entered won. Yet there were supposed to only be a set number of winners.

Plus devils knew a lot of people would not read it correctly and think they won free tickets and when they find out it's just an opportunity to buy tickets at face value they just said "fvck it" and not buy them.

#145 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

100% honest.

Plus you should know better by know that the devils are always full of it when it comes to these sort of things. In past seasons (especially in 2010-11 season) where they had contest for free tickets and later on we find out that everyone who entered won. Yet there were supposed to only be a set number of winners.

Plus devils knew a lot of people would not read it correctly and think they won free tickets and when they find out it's just an opportunity to buy tickets at face value they just said "fvck it" and not buy them.

Yea the Devils held some to try to use as a tool of selling Season Tickets

"Buy season tickets, then you get the right to buy Stadium Series tickets for the astronomical face values!!"

This obviously did not work too well, and as a result they are currently sitting on a nice chunk of the Stadium Series inventory

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#146 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

100% honest.

You didn't answer the question.  How many tickets do you think were held over?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#147 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

You didn't answer the question. How many tickets do you think were held over?

You want an exact number!??! Do I sound like I work for the devils? I would just be taking a guess and what does it matter?

It's obviously more than they stated as it seems like most people who signed up "won" the contest. Again this is no surprise as the devils have done this before.

#148 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

You want an exact number!??! Do I sound like I work for the devils? I would just be taking a guess and what does it matter?

It's obviously more than they stated as it seems like most people who signed up "won" the contest. Again this is no surprise as the devils have done this before.

How is it obvious?  It does matter because your definition of a small number might not correlate what their definition of a small number is.   Personally, if they held over around 1,000 tix or so, that is a small number.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#149 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

You didn't answer the question.  How many tickets do you think were held over?

what would it even matter how many tickets someone thought they held.. not like anyone on here would have any type of a accurate guess.. just another example of how you clog threads
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#150 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

How is it obvious? It does matter because your definition of a small number might not correlate what their definition of a small number is. Personally, if they held over around 1,000 tix or so, that is a small number.

1,000 is a lot considering devils are alloyed about 25k seats and there are over 1400 tickets will available for stub hub and a lot of those are cheaper than what the devils held back.

The other poster is right. Devils held too many back to get STH and it backfired. By having this they get rid of inventory and add more names to their CRM. No coincidence that everyone I know who won didn't buy SS tickets previously and those who didn't already have tickets.

#151 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

1,000 is a lot considering devils are alloyed about 25k seats and there are over 1400 tickets will available for stub hub and a lot of those are cheaper than what the devils held back.

The other poster is right. Devils held too many back to get STH and it backfired. By having this they get rid of inventory and add more names to their CRM. No coincidence that everyone I know who won didn't buy SS tickets previously and those who didn't already have tickets.

1,000 isn't a lot.  But I do think the number is only a few hundred.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#152 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

1,000 isn't a lot.  But I do think the number is only a few hundred.

How the fvck would you have any idea what the number actually is? Christ. You don't need to respond to every post ever, man.

oKCiNj.jpg

#153 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

How the fvck would you have any idea what the number actually is? Christ. You don't need to respond to every post ever, man.

ok..

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#154 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

I had a choice of: 218A, 219, 106, 117b or 121

I went with 219 in the Delta Suite.   Looks pretty sweet to me; being elevated and behind the plate.      Can't wait for it.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#155 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

It really sucks they didn't put together an Alumni game for this

Coulda have been a real spectacle

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#156 Matt Derek

Matt Derek

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

From my Devils Fan Experience Rep:  Devils have visitors dugout -- 3rd base side of the field for you non-baseball fans.  The Devils will attack the 1st base side of the field twice.  Rangers will have the Yankees dugout for both Stadium Series games.

Supposedly, both goal horns/songs will be used for goals...  no word on Kevin Clark as PA announcer.  Anyone else have other information?

#157 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Got a pair of good (though i have no idea what that means) tickets to the Islanders game from my brother's wife. The Mrs. and I are going to show up as a surprise birthday present for him. Better than nothing (ESPECIALLY since they were free), but not as good as seeing the Devils!

Edited by jim777, 16 January 2014 - 02:34 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#158 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

I follow Severe Weather NJ of FaceBook (he is pretty accurate) and he is looking at models that are predicting another Polar Vortex on January 26, so dress warm people.

Posted Image

#159 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

I follow Severe Weather NJ of FaceBook (he is pretty accurate) and he is looking at models that are predicting another Polar Vortex on January 26, so dress warm people.

Yeah at that point only thing that would be worse is either blizzard or severe rain.

Still 10 days away so things can change.

#160 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

If you go- bundle the hell up lol. I'm not so bummed anymore I don't have tickets after reading this: http://www.nj.com/we..._long_haul.html

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users