Photo

Stadium Series Game: Are you going?

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

Poll: Stadium Series: Are you going? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Stadium Series: Are you going?

1. Yes, I purchased a ticket(s) (32 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

2. Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. No, tickets are too expensive (24 votes [25.53%])

Percentage of vote: 25.53%

4. No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better (16 votes [17.02%])

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

5. No (other) (14 votes [14.89%])

Percentage of vote: 14.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

If you go- bundle the hell up lol. I'm not so bummed anymore I don't have tickets after reading this: http://www.nj.com/we..._long_haul.html

Looks like it will be in the 20's which is still better than the single digits we had with the polar vortex from last week.

Still though that's cold.  Alcohol may make you feel warmer for a few minutes but in a long run it actually makes you colder.  Just remember that:)

#162 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,281 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Looks like it will be in the 20's which is still better than the single digits we had with the polar vortex from last week.

Still though that's cold.  Alcohol may make you feel warmer for a few minutes but in a long run it actually makes you colder.  Just remember that:)

Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, and more hot chocolate.  As much as I like beers when I go to football and baseball games (not as much during hockey, mostly because there's no real tailgating), I think I'd just down hot chocolates, one after another, if I was going to this game. 

I wonder how many fans will say "screw it", and go inside.  I'm assuming the restaurant will be open?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#163 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, and more hot chocolate.  As much as I like beers when I go to football and baseball games (not as much during hockey, mostly because there's no real tailgating), I think I'd just down hot chocolates, one after another, if I was going to this game. 

I wonder how many fans will say "screw it", and go inside.  I'm assuming the restaurant will be open?

I was actually hoping to take a thermos of hot chocolate in, but according to the little pamphlet I got with my souvenir tickets it was kinda vague where if I remember right one section said it was ok and another section said it was not allowed in.  I will have go to home and re-read it.

Otherwise I will be buying a ton of cups of it at the park for probably $4-5 a pop.

#164 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Wouldnt be as fun with warmer temps!

#165 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Wouldnt be as fun with warmer temps!

True but I was hoping for upper 30's to lower 40's.  Oh well.

#166 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,281 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I was actually hoping to take a thermos of hot chocolate in, but according to the little pamphlet I got with my souvenir tickets it was kinda vague where if I remember right one section said it was ok and another section said it was not allowed in.  I will have go to home and re-read it.

Otherwise I will be buying a ton of cups of it at the park for probably $4-5 a pop.

Hope you can bring the thermos...kind of amazed they'd allow one in anywhere. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#167 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

good luck with trying to keep that hot chocolate warm in the paper cup theyre going to serve it in!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#168 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hope you can bring the thermos...kind of amazed they'd allow one in anywhere. 

They allow other containers during Yankee games and they have let me and my gf in with waterbottles so it's not that far fetched.

The Rock is by far the most stringent arena/stadium I have been to in the last 5 years when it comes to bringing outside stuff in.

#169 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Yeah at that point only thing that would be worse is either blizzard or severe rain.

Still 10 days away so things can change.

As of now its supposed to be 25 the day of the game. I wouldnt be suprised if we got a bit of snow,tho nones forcasted atm.

#170 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm curious how the Devils are doing regarding the allotment of tickets they've received. Are they selling well?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#171 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'm curious how the Devils are doing regarding the allotment of tickets they've received. Are they selling well?

If you judge by what's left on stubhub, I think they're doing very well.  Cheapest ticket is $119 right now.  I'm not sure how it all compares to face value, but I've found that, as a rule, regardless of the venue, once hockey tickets on stubhub reach $50-75 minimum, it means you have a sell-out. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#172 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I heard they expect 7k empty seats and 10k for Isles game but prices of tickets haven't crumpled yet. Can't verify if this is true.

#173 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

I heard they expect 7k empty seats and 10k for Isles game but prices of tickets haven't crumpled yet. Can't verify if this is true.

theres also well over 4thousand tickets available on stubhub alone.. with some decent prices too
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#174 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Just from the Devils side? That means about 18k Devils fans from the 25k or tix they were allotted

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#175 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Where'd you hear that? I thought this sold out weeks ago.

#176 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Where'd you hear that? I thought this sold out weeks ago.

There is a rumor going around that the NHL sent out a memo stating for the devils game to expect possibly up to 8000 empty seats and for the islanders game expect up to 16000 empty seats. Doesn't mean unsold just no-shows.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility given the amount of tickets available on stubhub along with other secondary market sites and what the devils held back to sell season tickets with.

#177 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

if those figures are true we're not seeing a stadium series here for a long long time.

16k empties for the Isles game would be a disaster

#178 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

if those figures are true we're not seeing a stadium series here for a long long time.

Another reason why I am going lol. Devils will never ever be in a winter classic and I doubt after this they would do another stadium series game with the devils in it for a very long time.

#179 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,068 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

This is what they get for having two games in a week, the second of them on a weeknight and the first of them not exactly in the 'home' team's area.

Another reason why I am going lol. Devils will never ever be in a winter classic and I doubt after this they would do another stadium series game with the devils in it for a very long time.

Good point...I've sort of been vacilating on going for a long time but between that, the event itself and the semi-mild weather expected (low 30's but no snow) I'm dragging myself to go.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#180 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

If you have 4000 empties in Yankee Stadium, that's respectable enough.

Just for comparison sake, I took a look on Stubhub at the LA/Ana game, and there are about 1500 fewer tix available, although the cheapest start at about the same as Devils Rangers. (As of now, there are something like 4500 tix available on Stubhub for Devils Rangers starting at $120).

Even though it's not until March 1, the number available and prices for the Pens Hawks game are basically the same as Devils Rangers.

The Isles/Ranger game might not be pretty. Something like 8000 tix available on Stubhub with the cheapest being $60.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users