88 replies to this topic

#81 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Dear God!! That would of drove me insane!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#82 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Luckily, I wasn't near any idiots.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#83 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

I'm annoyed of this Bitch just hearing about her

i always fear getting stuck near morons like such
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#84 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

exactly, when our 4th line is matched up against a lot of other teams 4ths, we're coming out ahead a lot of the time. It's when they are playing against top lines that they get hemmed in their zone.

So what was the 4th lines excuse for the 2nd goal tonight when they weren't up against a top line/players and janssen looked like he was completely lost like a blind squirrel finding a nut?

#85 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

So what was the 4th lines excuse for the 2nd goal tonight when they weren't up against a top line/players and janssen looked like he was completely lost like a blind squirrel finding a nut?

cam shouldnt even be on the roster enless were playing a team where we need his physical presence... a lot of players should not be playing roles that they are being put in right now.. with all of the injuries theres nothing to do about it.. last night bernier was on a line with elias.... thats pathetic elias set him up perfectly 2 or 3 times in front of an open net and he couldnt bang one in.. the team needs to get healthy
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#86 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

grabovski and fehr are two of washingtons top forwards 5v5, they arent scrubs. And the primary blame for that goal is gelinas (who had a terribad game tonight) for drifting over to the far side and leaving a player all alone at the side of the net.

Do you have equal hate for the players on for the other 3 goals? No mention of gionta's SH goal the other night in his first game back?

I'm not saying our 4th line is tearing it up or is highly skilled, but they aren't the reason that we haven't been ripping off 3 win streaks. Look at washingtons 4th line... What did they do tonight?

And am I going to have this bumped every time they're on for a goal against? Is that really how deep your hatred goes?

#87 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

grabovski and fehr are two of washingtons top forwards 5v5, they arent scrubs. And the primary blame for that goal is gelinas (who had a terribad game tonight) for drifting over to the far side and leaving a player all alone at the side of the net.

Do you have equal hate for the players on for the other 3 goals? No mention of gionta's SH goal the other night in his first game back?

I'm not saying our 4th line is tearing it up or is highly skilled, but they aren't the reason that we haven't been ripping off 3 win streaks. Look at washingtons 4th line... What did they do tonight?

And am I going to have this bumped every time they're on for a goal against? Is that really how deep your hatred goes?

Relax. I'm not the only one here who has a dislike for whatever AHL forward they dress on the 4th line. 

If you saw Janssen out there on the goal, he looked like he was skating on a swivel. The puck went in and he still had no clue what was going on. 

They aren't scrubs, but they aren't 1st liners either. If your 4th line can't go out and play a shift or two a game against a 3rd line (or 2nd) on the road when they get caught in a change, they don't belong in the NHL. No one's asking for them to produce in that situation, but they should be able to hold their own until they get off the ice. If Pete is sending his 4th out there against a 1st or 2nd on purpose, then he's setting them up to fail. A 4th line doesn't make or break a team, but a 4th line should be able to produce minutes where you don't cringe and you trust the players. This was seen in the 2012 playoffs and how the Bruins have won one cup and played for another with 4 lines of depth that can play on the NHL.

Who cares about the other team's 4th line? We're talking about the 4th line being out there when they aren't playing against a 4th line. Hence, that's why your quote was bumped. They weren't playing against a top line and they still got burned. They can't be trusted away from a 4th line/4th line matchup and even then, depending on the team, its not a guarantee. 

#88 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

Relax. I'm not the only one here who has a dislike for whatever AHL forward they dress on the 4th line.

If you saw Janssen out there on the goal, he looked like he was skating on a swivel. The puck went in and he still had no clue what was going on.

They aren't scrubs, but they aren't 1st liners either. If your 4th line can't go out and play a shift or two a game against a 3rd line (or 2nd) on the road when they get caught in a change, they don't belong in the NHL. No one's asking for them to produce in that situation, but they should be able to hold their own until they get off the ice. If Pete is sending his 4th out there against a 1st or 2nd on purpose, then he's setting them up to fail. A 4th line doesn't make or break a team, but a 4th line should be able to produce minutes where you don't cringe and you trust the players. This was seen in the 2012 playoffs and how the Bruins have won one cup and played for another with 4 lines of depth that can play on the NHL.

Who cares about the other team's 4th line? We're talking about the 4th line being out there when they aren't playing against a 4th line. Hence, that's why your quote was bumped. They weren't playing against a top line and they still got burned. They can't be trusted away from a 4th line/4th line matchup and even then, depending on the team, its not a guarantee.

our team takes advantage if other 4th lines just as often as ours gets taken advantage of. It's the nature of the game especially on the road when the other team has the last change. If your going to complain about the 4th line then I'd like to see how many other 4ths around the league are better.

And again, sestito and Janssen are only playing due to injuries. I'm not sure what you want Pete to do. No matter who plays, they won't be getting more than 8 mins of ice time a game.

#89 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

our team takes advantage if other 4th lines just as often as ours gets taken advantage of. It's the nature of the game especially on the road when the other team has the last change. If your going to complain about the 4th line then I'd like to see how many other 4ths around the league are better.

And again, sestito and Janssen are only playing due to injuries. I'm not sure what you want Pete to do. No matter who plays, they won't be getting more than 8 mins of ice time a game.

Hence, the overall need in the NHL for a 4th line in that situation that can at least hold their own until they get off the ice. When the Devils, for one, had this is 2012 they turned into  a solid 4 line team that could play all situations. They could play and did play more then 8 mins a game.

Cam is playing not because of injury. He's playing because for some reason only known to Lou and Pete he fills a role they don't have and brings "energy". Sestito is here due to injury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users