107 replies to this topic

#61 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

How come they never start Hockey Night live by saying "LIVE FROM NEW YORK ITS HOCKEY NIGHT LIVE"

#62 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Great game. The Team USA selectors should be forced to watch that game and send Andy an apology letter. Forget the offense, he owned Ovie out there. I wonder if Andy has blown off USA hockey in some capacity and angered them.

#63 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

This is starting to look like a playoff team. Incredible come from behind win against a good team.

We've been beating a lot of good teams this year.  The problem is, we've been losing to bad teams as well.

Not seeing anything yet to make me think this team will pull away from NHL .500.  Not unless the goalie play improves.  It won't if Marty keeps getting this many starts...he's just too inconsistent. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#64 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

no, no, NO!! yes, NO! yes, YES! YES!!!

Haha sounds about right.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#65 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Gotta say, it's great to see them having fun like this.

If we've learned anything, it's that happy athletes play better. These guys are really starting to come together as a team

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#66 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Jagr 33 Pts in 37 games. Van Damn!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#67 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr dominated on the scoresheet and possession numbers. Absolutely fantastic game by them.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#68 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Not seeing anything yet to make me think this team will pull away from NHL .500.  Not unless the goalie play improves.  It won't if Marty keeps getting this many starts...he's just too inconsistent. 

one way to fix it: start the good goalie but if that's not gonna happen, they're willfully putting themselves on the bubble. It's a joke when you see 4 goals on 19 shots when you have ONE OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE LEAGUE BY ANY METRIC sitting behind arguably the worst goalie in the league

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#69 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

What he has done as a Devil is amazing.  Devils would be screwed without his contributions. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#70 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

Would anyone care to post a brief synopsis of what happened after we went up 1-0? I actually saw the first goal while I was in the NHL store, but it was all scoreboard watching for me after that lol.

We pretty much dominated them the whole game possession wise and shots wise.  The Caps just took advantage of their opportunities.  On top of that, Marty wasn't good at all.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#71 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

one way to fix it: start the good goalie but if that's not gonna happen, they're willfully putting themselves on the bubble. It's a joke when you see 4 goals on 19 shots when you have ONE OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE LEAGUE BY ANY METRIC sitting behind arguably the worst goalie in the league

We're not exactly a scoring machine with Cory in net which imo almost nullifies any Cory over Marty, Marty over Cory talk.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#72 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

He has 13 of those points against his former teams in 10 games.  The other 20 have come against everybody else in 27 games.  There's only one game where he didn't register a point against a former team.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#73 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

He's at .902 in save% for the season.  He finished at .901 last season.  He was at .903 and .908 the two seasons before that, but he had prolonged stretches of strong play in both of those seasons...it's been a different story last year and this. 

That being said, as much as I support Cory getting more playing time, at some point he's got to stop giving DeBoer excuses to keep going back to Marty.  Schneider hasn't been lights-out either as of late.  

#30 FOREVER!

#74 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

We're not exactly a scoring machine with Cory in net which imo almost nullifies any Cory over Marty, Marty over Cory talk.

How will we gain any consistency in net if neither goalie gets any consistent playing time?  Cory has to be the guy.  I can't think of any game where Cory cost us a win except for the game against Vancouver.  Marty has cost us a few already.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#75 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

We pretty much dominated them the whole game possession wise and shots wise. The Caps just took advantage of their opportunities. On top of that, Marty wasn't good at all.

So in other words, had we lost, this was a jelly jar game. Thank God they came back lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#76 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Brodeur: 21 GP 11-8-2, 2.38 GAA, .902 SV%, On-Ice SH%: 11.1%
Schneider: 16 GP 4-7-5, 2.03 GAA, .915 SV%, On-Ice SH%: 6.7%

Crazy that the Devils SH% is 4.4% higher when Brodeur plays than Schneider. Feel bad for Schneider.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#77 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

I've been waiting like 3 years for a goal scored by Z, assisted by Z and Z.

#78 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,924 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Great win.  Team played excellent except for a few breakdowns, and while I don't think Brodeur was strong by any means, he wasn't horrible.  Boucher had an excellent game,  2nd and 4th lines were the ones that struggled - I like some of what Tedenby did in transition (set up one great chance), but it looks like he is just guessing out there offensively and defensively.

Interesting that Merrill had 23 minutes and Gelinas 16, even with NJ trailing for long stretches of the game.  Merrill just does not make many mistakes back there and he comes up with an elegant play to break the puck out of the zone or to deny a scoring chance to an opposing forward.  He is going to be really good, I think - think Paul Martin.

Schneider at some point has to start playing like one of the top goalies in the league.  If he does, the crease will be mostly his.  He's given up 3 goals in each of the last 4 starts.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#79 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Brodeur: 21 GP 11-8-2, 2.38 GAA, .902 SV%, On-Ice SH%: 11.1%
Schneider: 16 GP 4-7-5, 2.03 GAA, .915 SV%, On-Ice SH%: 6.7%

Crazy that the Devils SH% is 4.4% higher when Brodeur plays than Schneider. Feel bad for Schneider.

And there it is...opposing goalies are putting up an .889 save% in games when Marty starts, and .933 when Schneider starts.  Yeah, you can have your share of meh and bad games and still win, if the guys at the other end are not stopping pucks as well.

#30 FOREVER!

#80 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Great game to watch. Wish I could have been there... Marty was a obviously weak and it's amazing how the goal support dichotomy continues with him and Cory.

Greene is just a fvcking beast what can I say, and yes zidlicky earned his paycheck today on the offensive end, so I'll eat some crow on him tonight.

Wish we could have avoided giving Washington a point but you gotta love the team battling back from down 2 goals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users