253 replies to this topic

#201 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

Cory could be lights out, but if the guys in front of him don't play as well as they do in front of Marty then forget it.

That's not a good reason to play Marty over Schneider.  The coach needs to play the better goalie.  The team will start playing better in front of Schneider soon enough.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#202 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

He also hasn't proven that he deserves 4-6 starts in a row at this point either. This team can't afford to lose a few games just so we can see if Schneider can get into a rhythm or not. The a season is not as young as you keep insisting on it being:

And this is why I don't envy PDB. Very tough decisions need to be made, and soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#203 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

Ppl are bagging on cory as if he is the starter on this team. His starts are so sporadic that he is essentially a back up and last time I checked back ups aren't expected to win the vezina. He needs to play more.

#204 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

He also hasn't proven that he deserves 4-6 starts in a row at this point either. This team can't afford to lose a few games just so we can see if Schneider can get into a rhythm or not. The a season is not as young as you keep insisting on it being:

We're not deep enough into the season to worry about the standings and points right now.  Wait until the 50th game for that.  He needs to be given every opportunity to get in his groove.

He does deserve the opportunity to get 5 or 6 consecutive starts.  That's the problem.  Right out of the gate he was being shafted.  Lou didn't give up his 1st round pick for a backup.  He fully intended Schneider to be the number one guy.  He's the more important goalie to this team.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#205 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

And this is why I don't envy PDB. Very tough decisions need to be made, and soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Me neither. He can either start one goalie whose GAA and save % is trash but the team somehow finds ways to win with him in net or start a guy who is stopping pucks much better but the team can't seem to win games with him in there on most nights. It's a no win and now the job is even worse when your better puck stopper this year has been not playing well for the last month too.

#206 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

We're not deep enough into the season to worry about the standings and points right now.  Wait until the 50th game for that.  He needs to be given every opportunity to get in his groove.

He does deserve the opportunity to get 5 or 6 consecutive starts.  That's the problem.  Right out of the gate he was being shafted.  Lou didn't give up his 1st round pick for a backup.  He fully intended Schneider to be the number one guy.  He's the more important goalie to this team.

If Cory gets 5 or 6 starts and blows them then we have no shot at a playoff spot.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#207 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,772 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

We're not deep enough into the season to worry about the standings and points right now. Wait until the 50th game for that. He needs to be given every opportunity to get in his groove.

He does deserve the opportunity to get 5 or 6 consecutive starts. That's the problem. Right out of the gate he was being shafted. Lou didn't give up his 1st round pick for a backup. He fully intended Schneider to be the number one guy. He's the more important goalie to this team.

Lol 50th game? The 2010-11 team didn't start playing until about game 40 and they still ended up outside the playoffs after posting the best second half record in the league. You don't get into the playoffs in the first half but you can sure as hell miss them

Edited by DevsMan84, 24 December 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#208 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

If Cory gets 5 or 6 starts and blows them then we have no shot at a playoff spot.

This is so not true.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#209 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm sorry does anyone actually believe marty in net tonight would have made the difference? Would our team have MAGICALLY been a cup contender team with 3 lines of deep scoring?

We got out worked by the best team in the league.

Marty gave up 4 goals the other night against a Caps team that could very well finish 4th/5th in the worst division in hockey.

Get fvcking real people. Cory gives us the best chance to win, either goalie was going to get lit up tonight.

#210 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Lol 50th game? The 2010-11 team didn't start playing until about game 40 and they still ended up outside the playoffs after posting the best second half record in the league. You don't get into the playoffs in the first half but you can sure as hell miss them

We're not in the same position as we were in 2010-2011.  We're not gonna be in position by game 41 to be out of the playoff picture.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#211 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Dude this fkin high school where you just get trophies and honorables just for being there.. We need to win.. Cory hasnt showed he can handle five starts

Edited by CarterforPresident, 24 December 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#212 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Dude this fkin high school where you just get trophies and honorables just fof being there.. We need to win.. Cory hasnt showed he can handle five starts

He's never been given the opportunity.  He deserves the chance.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#213 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Even with marty tonight we would have lost

He's never been given the opportunity. He deserves the chance.

#214 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

I agree.  But I'm not sure what is has to do with anything I just said.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#215 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

agreed doesnt matter who would have been in net the team that we are currently icing would never stand a chance against that skilled hawk team
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#216 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

I came to a blank lol.. We need to win games period

I agree. But I'm not sure what is has to do with anything I just said.

#217 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

cory had a better save % than the opposing goalie

holtby had a better sv% than marty

how rare is this?

Posted Image

#218 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

This game just had too many obstacles to overcome. I would've been surprised if this wasn't the result.

4th Game in 6 nights, with travel, this team which skews older with overtime been played a bunch lately.

Going in with couple rookies who have never played in the United Center, against a team like that.

It's alright though, but they need these three days off to renergize and come back with a vengence this weekend.

Clowe should be in the lineup, and they'll go from there.

#219 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

I came to a blank lol.. We need to win games period

Yes I know we need to win games.  My whole point is, that both Schneider and Marty are sucking right now.  I get that.  But Schneider is the more important goalie going forward.  Lou gave up his first round pick to Vancouver with the intention of making Cory Schneider our franchise goalie.  Schneider has to be the guy given the net.  When he's at the top of his game, he's significantly the better goalie than Brodeur.  Brodeur can still be a good goalie, so don't get me wrong.  But Schneider is the guy we invested a lot in, and has to be the guy going forward.  Schneider gives the Devils a better chance to win games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#220 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

This game just had too many obstacles to overcome. I would've been surprised if this wasn't the result.

4th Game in 6 nights, with travel, this team which skews older with overtime been played a bunch lately.

Going in with couple rookies who have never played in the United Center, against a team like that.

It's alright though, but they need these three days off to renergize and come back with a vengence this weekend.

Clowe should be in the lineup, and they'll go from there.

I like your rational thinking.  lol

But I agree with all of this.  The rookies all made some bad mistakes tonight.  It's a good learning experience though.  I can live with the loss tonight.  I wish they had put forth a better effort though.  We're 4 points behind Toronto, 7 points behind Detroit, 6 points behind Washington, and only 1 point behind Philly.  We shouldn't get too crazy over this loss.

Oddly enough, the game was winnable had the team decided to show up.  Chicago was pretty flat too imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users