Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

Welcome to the Marty & Cory show !

Devils play the Blackhawks the second best team in the NHL. and ;lose 2-5

Devils have on the ice for 18 minutes Merrill a rockie D along with Gelinas another rookie D for 21 minutes and on the offensive side we had Gionta an AHL player for 10 mins, Josefson a ? player for 10 mins, Janssen another AHL player for 7 mins,Tedendy a ? player for 14 mins. And we expect to win or have a close game?

We have DeBoer and his system as coach dump and forecheck against a powerful Blackhawk D that schooled us. And we expect to win?

But now we are talking about a goalie dispute, how does that happen?

The Devils don't belong in the playoffs this season, period ! They are only a thought because the division has so many other teams that don't belong in the playoffs.

When are Devils fans going to understand that with the injuries, these players, DeBoer's bad player selections and marginal goal tending from both goalie to date this team doesn't belong in the NHL playoffs.

Yet the discussion is about the goaltending. Strange

Merry Christmas folks and Happy Holidays

... Pretty good post here people. And from LD no less, huh

Lay off the eggnog man, it's making you soft :lol:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#242 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Cory's played 7 games in the last 25 days, his slump ain't about how much he's playing. He's had zero goal support and seemingly always plays elite teams, of course he's not going to win. He's shell shocked right now and it's affecting his game, just look at what he said about the second goal...'that's the kind of thing that's been happening to me all season'. If that isn't a guy that's lacking confidence I don't know what is.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#243 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Cory's played 7 games in the last 25 days, his slump ain't about how much he's playing. He's had zero goal support and seemingly always plays elite teams, of course he's not going to win. He's shell shocked right now and it's affecting his game, just look at what he said about the second goal...'that's the kind of thing that's been happening to me all season'. If that isn't a guy that's lacking confidence I don't know what is.

I think you got it. Just give this guy a bone soon please.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#244 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

If it's about getting 2 points, well Deboer will never make the right decision. Right now, Brodeur has gotten tons of goal support and the much much much easier schedule. If you switched the schedule around, would this even be up for debate?

The last two games sum it up. Brodeur is atrocious in Washington and gets the win giving up 4 goals on 22 freaking shots. Schneider goes in against a team that is light years better and takes the loss giving up 5 goals on 37 shots. A good game? Certainly not, but a lot better than Brodeur.

Many nights Brodeur doesn't give this team a chance to win.The Devils lost to the Jackets less than two weeks ago 5-4 when giving up 23 shots. Brodeur did not make one solid save the entire night. When Schneider gets a start against a team like Columbus and loses when the team scores 4 goals in front of him when only giving up 23 shots, then I'll have cause for concern.

It's not really fair when you throw Cory vs Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, and Montreal and Brodeur vs Washington, Tampa, Ottawa, and NY and compare it by wins and losses of the two goalies.

Well said, agree fully

#245 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Schneider got shelled in this game, but he's given up 3 goals in his last 5 starts now.  He doesn't have the quality of competition excuse - yeah, he's playing against better teams, but he's not making enough saves.  He's right with Brodeur on giving up a bad goal a night now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#246 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I'd engage in this discussion if the 18 skaters had shown up. They didn't. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#247 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

If it's about getting 2 points, well Deboer will never make the right decision. Right now, Brodeur has gotten tons of goal support and the much much much easier schedule. If you switched the schedule around, would this even be up for debate?

The last two games sum it up. Brodeur is atrocious in Washington and gets the win giving up 4 goals on 22 freaking shots. Schneider goes in against a team that is light years better and takes the loss giving up 5 goals on 37 shots. A good game? Certainly not, but a lot better than Brodeur.

Many nights Brodeur doesn't give this team a chance to win.The Devils lost to the Jackets less than two weeks ago 5-4 when giving up 23 shots. Brodeur did not make one solid save the entire night. When Schneider gets a start against a team like Columbus and loses when the team scores 4 goals in front of him when only giving up 23 shots, then I'll have cause for concern.

It's not really fair when you throw Cory vs Pittsburgh, Anaheim, Chicago, Detroit, and Montreal and Brodeur vs Washington, Tampa, Ottawa, and NY and compare it by wins and losses of the two goalies.

Well one of 2 things is about to happen... either Cory gets an easier start (Columbus or the Isles this weekend) or if they are going to keep protecting Brodeur, Cory will get a few games to get a rhythm (one of CLB or NYI, followed by Pittsburgh, then Chicago, with Marty getting Buffalo)

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#248 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Marty has what six more starts.. Overall thats fair

#249 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

What the hell does the Devils shooters have to do with CS stopping the puck in the SO? When you get beat like a rented mule three straight times, does it matter?

CS was a tad late getting off the post in OT.I'm not the only one who said this. otherwise the deflection doesn't go in.

I'm talking out my ass but you're telling me he gets beat three straight times CLEAN in the SO and it's the Devils shooters fault. Alright!

The CS you've seen lately is not the goaltender as advertised. There's something off about his game. A great mind F job by his teammates and coach?

BTW...his save % is Dec is .878. That was before tonight. now, it's lower. He's given up 3 or more goals each game he's played.

and Marty's save percentage for the month of December is right around .850. So is he "mind fvcked" also?

You're looking for something that's not there. The simple answer is that the team has not played all that well, they give up high quality scoring chances on a regular basis.

#250 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

and Marty's save percentage for the month of December is right around .850. So is he "mind fvcked" also?

You're looking for something that's not there. The simple answer is that the team has not played all that well, they give up high quality scoring chances on a regular basis.

Brodeur is a 41 year old goaltender. He's a coin flip as to what you're going to get each start and rightfully so. CS is in his prime and is regarded as a top goaltender in the NHL. 

I'm looking at what's there. And his month of December shows there's something clearly wrong with CS. He's not making saves and now he's prone to letting in a bad goal or two on his own accord (see stoppable shots, not deflections and flukes) which for the first two months he did not do.

#251 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yah schneider lost confidence... but hey he would need back to back start and more easy matchup... he always goal against top team..

But to be honest none of our goalie is a concern for me... even when schneider is not on the top of his game he gave the devils a chance to win....

My concern is last night we didnt match up against a top team.... 12 shot on goal...no puck possession, not many chance to score make us lose. Because you know what they says « When you're not often in the offensive zone mean your stock in your own zone»

Brunner spark this team offense lately and make a huge difference... well now he is injured. 

Guy like Henrique, Boucher or Clowe when he will came back need to step up....

Patty cant play with bernier and teddy bear forever...

Elias looke really good lately and that help brunner to shine... Now it time to do the same with henrique... (he doesnt play bad games, but he doesnt have points and need to produce )

#252 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

Marty is the man. I was at the TSO concert at the Rock yesterday and the lead guy had a Brodeur shirt on that's enough for me.

He must know. Marty is the starter. As goes Marty goes the Devils. I don't beleive that. I really don';t believe that.

It's as goes Gionta and Janssen along with Sestito and Harrold goes the DeBoer system of failure, I do believe that !

Enjoy tomorrow, I will with family and friends and I hope you do as well.

2014/15 season is coming for the Devils it is less than 45 Devils games away. The Devils don't belong in the 2013/14 playoffs and you know it.

Go NE Pats.

#253 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I understand the whole goal support issue, but Deboer needs wins. At the end of the day, it's about getting those 2 points. Cory needs to win games to earn the number one spot. Deboer is going to go with the guy that the team is playing for, and it's up to Cory to gain the confidence of is team mates and coach. 

I agree that the bottom line is they need wins. Even with his rough patch this month, I still think Schneider is the goaltender that gives them the best chance to win game in and game out. As Mike Brown said earlier, it seems to be a coincidence that the Devils go MIA during Schneider's starts. I wouldn't expect this trend to continue this drastically throughout the entire year and I'd expect the teams effort to even out amongst Schneider and Brodeur starts by the end of the year.

Brodeur's been roughly a .904 SV%, 2.36 GAA goalie the past 3 years and now he's 41. That doesn't give me much confidence that he should be the #1 game in and game out.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#254 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

I agree that the bottom line is they need wins. Even with his rough patch this month, I still think Schneider is the goaltender that gives them the best chance to win game in and game out. As Mike Brown said earlier, it seems to be a coincidence that the Devils go MIA during Schneider's starts. I wouldn't expect this trend to continue this drastically throughout the entire year and I'd expect the teams effort to even out amongst Schneider and Brodeur starts by the end of the year.

Brodeur's been roughly a .904 SV%, 2.36 GAA goalie the past 3 years and now he's 41. That doesn't give me much confidence that he should be the #1 game in and game out.

In bold:  yep.  Will I always be happy for Marty with each win, especially knowing that his career will soon be coming to an end?  Sure.  Do I feel comfortable with him as the kind-of #1?  How can anyone?  His valleys are pretty tough to watch. 

Unfortunately, Schneider can't seem to go on the kind of run he needs to...not yet, anyway.  Some of it has been rotten luck for sure, but 17 GA and an .874 save% in five games isn't going to get it done either.  His season numbers are no longer significantly better than Marty's this season.  It's frustrating...I can't really get on Marty for being what he's been for a while now...he is what he is.  But Schneider is supposed to be better than what he's shown so far.  Hopefully he finds himself in the second half...AND the Devils start supporting him. 

As for the game...always sucks when a team like the Blackhawks reminds you of why you're treading water at around NHL .500.  The second-half sched and meh Metro division should help the Devils at least, or at the very least, give them a shot to make the playoffs.      

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users