#121 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

No but he is not helping at alllll

the shots are 36-10, and zone time is probably somewhere around 70-30 for the hawks... Do you really think the biggest problem with this game is our goalie?

#122 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts

The Devils looked about as hopeless and pathetic as they did during the LA Win. They legitimately did not look like an NHL team today.

If this was my first time watching hockey I would never believe the Devils played in the same league as Chicago.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#123 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

And see dumb dumb move by cory ffs

Edited by CarterforPresident, 23 December 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#124 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

I never felt easy bout the trade for Schneider now I'm certain: We gave up a promising pick for a trumped up backup who in two years' time will have not helped this franchise and will likely call Pittsburgh home.

#125 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

Does cangi even watch the game? sh!tlicky stopped that. Kane didn't fire it wide you moron

#126 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

Or his last bunch of games were against the Kings, Ducks, Blackhawks, and Penguins.

Again, since you ignored it last time. He's supposed to be one of the best in the league right? Had no problem playing Western power teams as a backup in Vancouver. So what's changed? The fact the Devils aren't as good 1-20 as Vancouver, CS is just a bit overrated, or the Devils have mind f'd him......

#127 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Posted great numbers as a backup, never playing more the 33 games a season on a perennial playoff/Cup contending team. People forget this little tidbit very easily in the hype. Either he's getting mentally destroyed as a Devil or he's plain out overrated.

coming jnto tonight he had a 2.08 gaa and .915 sv percentage, good for something like top 7 in the league. But sure he's overrated, it has nothing to do with the fact that the team plays like crap in front of him.

#128 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Again, since you ignored it last time. He's supposed to be one of the best in the league right? Had no problem playing Western power teams as a backup in Vancouver. So what's changed? The fact the Devils aren't as good 1-20 as Vancouver, CS is just a bit overrated, or the Devils have mind f'd him......

He's not overrated at all.  The team just sucks in front of him.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#129 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

the shots are 36-10, and zone time is probably somewhere around 70-30 for the hawks... Do you really think the biggest problem with this game is our goalie?

No. Not at all. But I also won't give him a pass for the 2 or 3 bad goals he's let in tonight. If we get on Brodeur for giving up softies, Cory needs to be held just as accountable. If he wants to be the clear cut no. 1 here, he needs to earn it. It won't and shouldn't be handed to him.
Posted Image

#130 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I don't fully blame Cory for this. The guy doesn't start a lot then DeBoer likes to throw him in against top teams when he hasn't played in several days. The whole team should have played better.

815631765.gif

#131 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Or his last bunch of games were against the Ducks, Blackhawks, and Penguins. Before that he was playing pretty damn well for the most part.

haha dont even bother with these trolls

Posted Image

#132 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think it might be some mindfvcking for sure. When he has a great game, he sits for a week. I think he has no confidence in his team and himself right now either. He's regularly taking the blame for games where the team is outshot by a wide margin or gets no goals. It's got to be frustrating.

oKCiNj.jpg

#133 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Schneider gave up some bad goals but he is the last guy I'm going to take issue with tonight. When your team gets outshot 37-12 by one of the best teams in the league, things aren't going to go well.

As others have said, playing him once a week against tougher competition isn't doing him any favors to get into a rhythm and it seems like the team always plays like sh!t for him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#134 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

coming jnto tonight he had a 2.08 gaa and .915 sv percentage, good for something like top 7 in the league. But sure he's overrated, it has nothing to do with the fact that the team plays like crap in front of him.

It's not all the team all the time. Was it the team when he got torched in the SO? Was it the team when he can't stop a breakaway? Is it the team when he didn't get off the post quick enough vs Anaheim. And the two marshmallows tonight. He's been his own enemy, too. As i said, he's either overrated or this team has mind f'd him so badly his game has gone south in a hurry. 

This argument about what teams he's playing? He played West power teams as a backup, too. If we're going to use that angle then fans definitely have to drop the pom poms and admit the team is terrible and he's getting ruined and keep believing he's as good as advertised.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 23 December 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#135 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I never felt easy bout the trade for Schneider now I'm certain: We gave up a promising pick for a trumped up backup who in two years' time will have not helped this franchise and will likely call Pittsburgh home.

Lol you were also the guy who told me for sure that the Devils wouldn't have scored for him the way they scored for Marty the last game so it shows how bright you are. His SV% going into tonight was .915 with the Devils arena not counting shots competently and playing against the better teams. I'll keep him 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#136 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Should he play more oh yes but he faced alot better teams in vancouver so yeah

#137 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

It's not all the team all the time, watch the games. Was it the team when he got torched in the SO? Was it the team when he can't stop a breakaway? Is it the team when he didn't get off the post quick enough vs Anaheim. And the two marshmallows tonight. He's been his own enemy, too. As i said, he's either overrated or this team has mind f'd him so badly his game has gone south in a hurry.

how can you say his game has gone south? I just posted the numbers... How can you say he has played badly?
Only three regular starters have a better gaa average in the league, and each of them has at least 18 wins (harding, rask, bishop). That right there is enough for any logical person to conclude Schneider does enough to win games but his teammates don't.

How can you complain about shootout performances when we've only scored one shootout goal in over 20 attempts?

Edited by dmann422, 23 December 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#138 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

It's not all the team all the time, watch the games. Was it the team when he got torched in the SO? Was it the team when he can't stop a breakaway? Is it the team when he didn't get off the post quick enough vs Anaheim. And the two marshmallows tonight. He's been his own enemy, too. As i said, he's either overrated or this team has mind f'd him so badly his game has gone south in a hurry. 

Shootouts tell us nothing about goalies.  They're a complete crapshoot.  Fleury is a beast at shootouts.  Is he a top goalie in the league?  Breakaways are crapshoots too.  Breakways happen because of defensive breakdowns.  So yes the team usually causes those.

And no, I will not pick one, because neither are true.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#139 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

This argument about what teams he's playing doesn't hold water. He played West power teams as a backup, too. If we're going to use that angle then you have to admit the team is terrible and he's getting ruined. 

Shootout was bad. But again, what practice does he get? I'm still not sure the Devils even practice shootouts/breakaways, but if they did, you know it's not helping him because our guys SUCK at them. The Anaheim goal would've been an easy pad save if Merrill doesn't deflect it up and over his pads. You are talking out of your ass and just because you only presented two explanations, doesn't mean they're the only ones. This board is freakin' unreal sometimes. The guys numbers should be so much better it's not even funny. The team has just flat out sucked in front of him more often than not.

oKCiNj.jpg

#140 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

Play Schneider on Friday and Saturday.  Like I said, give him an opportunity to actually gain some confidence.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users