screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#142 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

fvcking keep Cory fresh for fvcks sake, what the fvck does he have to do to get two starts in a row

#143 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Shootout was bad. But again, what practice does he get? I'm still not sure the Devils even practice shootouts/breakaways, but if they did, you know it's not helping him because our guys SUCK at them. The Anaheim goal would've been an easy pad save if Merrill doesn't deflect it up and over his pads. You are talking out of your ass and just because you only presented two explanations, doesn't mean they're the only ones. This board is freakin' unreal sometimes. The guys numbers should be so much better it's not even funny. The team has just flat out sucked in front of him more often than not.

What the hell does the Devils shooters have to do with CS stopping the puck in the SO? When you get beat like a rented mule three straight times, does it matter?

CS was a tad late getting off the post in OT.I'm not the only one who said this. otherwise the deflection doesn't go in. 

I'm talking out my ass but you're telling me he gets beat three straight times CLEAN in the SO and it's the Devils shooters fault. Alright!

how can you say his game has gone south? I just posted the numbers... How can you say he has played badly?
Only three regular starters have a better gaa average in the league, and each of them has at least 18 wins (harding, rask, bishop). That right there is enough for any logical person to conclude Schneider does enough to win games but his teammates don't.

How can you complain about shootout performances when we've only scored one shootout goal in over 20 attempts?

The CS you've seen lately is not the goaltender as advertised. There's something off about his game. A great mind F job by his teammates and coach?

BTW...his save % is Dec is .878. That was before tonight. now, it's lower. He's given up 3 or more goals each game he's played. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 23 December 2013 - 10:54 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#144 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

I say go with Marty. I'm on Team Marty.

Maybe he can give up 4 goals on 20 shots like he seems to half the time 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#145 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

The Blackhawks spent the better part of about 2/3rds of the game in our zone but let's fvcking throw the goalie on a pedestal. It's so easy to sit here and cry about the two sh!tty goals he let in while ignoring some of the unreal saves he made. It's completely irrelevant anyway, when you get 12 shots against the Blackhawks in Chicago it's going to be a long night. Don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

#146 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

The Blackhawks spent the better part of about 2/3rds of the game in our zone but let's fvcking throw the goalie on a pedestal. It's so easy to sit here and cry about the two sh!tty goals he let in while ignoring some of the unreal saves he made. It's completely irrelevant anyway, when you get 12 shots against the Blackhawks in Chicago it's going to be a long night. Don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

You do realize when you say "pedestal" that's the opposite of badmouthing him.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#147 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Also, that's the third time I've listened to the announcers talk about the Devils almost tying/setting a new record for lowest amount of shots in a game THIS SEASON. That is awful. 

Edited by PWW, 23 December 2013 - 10:56 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

#148 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Cory sounds too much like the queen after a loss for my liking.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#149 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

You do realize when you say "pedestal" that's the opposite of badmouthing him.

Dammit you beat me to it before I can post the indigo Montoya quote about keep using that word and not knowing what that word means lol

#150 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

fvcking keep Cory fresh for fvcks sake, what the fvck does he have to do to get two starts in a row

Play better?  He's been a freaking trainwreck this month.  Tri keeps pointing out how he gets the tougher starts, maybe that isn't such a good thing at this point considering he has 4 wins in 17 games.  He looked totally shot confidence-wise tonight.

They need to give him a step down in weight class for a while.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#151 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Dammit you beat me to it before I can post the indigo Montoya quote about keep using that word and not knowing what that word means lol

#152 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

The Hawks are the defending Cup Champs and IMHO the best team in the league. If they acquire a top goaltender, they will be unbeatable. The Devils have neither the speed or the skill to beat them. The games to be upset about the games in the conference and obviously more so in the Metro. The out of town scoreboard is gonna be big, especially with 3 pt games.

They just need to get in and go on a roll because this team is tough to play in a series, it just isn't fun hockey for the opposing teams.

Let's hope Clowe can come in a be productive.

Edited by hystyk28, 23 December 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#153 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

So?? As i said he got tougher starts with vancouver.

Play better? He's been a freaking trainwreck this month. Tri keeps pointing out how he gets the tougher starts, maybe that isn't such a good thing at this point considering he has 4 wins in 17 games. He looked totally shot confidence-wise tonight.

They need to give him a step down in weight class for a while.

#154 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Play Schneider on Friday and Saturday.  Like I said, give him an opportunity to actually gain some confidence.

The Devils aren't twenty points in front, they can't afford to play around to try to give one guy some confidence.  Especially when it looks like the team would rather play for the other guy (our three most dead-*** performances have come with Cory in net - LA, Detroit and tonight).

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#155 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Also, that's the third time I've listened to the announcers talk about the Devils almost tying/setting a new record for lowest amount of shots in a game THIS SEASON. That is awful. 

They overpass.  They only shoot if there's a clear shooting lane.  They always go for deflections and redirects.  It's infuriating.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#156 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

I was writing something else, and then still had that word in my head and for some reason I still typed it. I'm sure everyone here has done that before... right? or am I the only idiot... oh well. Also my web browser apparently loves me and just posted something with no text. Maybe I should just give up for the night like the team seemed to do. Fvck it, might as well throw myself onto the "pedestal" as well (I meant to type fire... for the record.)

#157 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

So?? As i said he got tougher starts with vancouver.

He was also with a better team that gave him more offensive help and didn't have Fayne/Merrill/Gelinas/Zidlicky making idiot mistakes on a nightly basis.  People bag on Sal but they need him right now, and Larsson for that matter.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 December 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#158 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

The Devils aren't twenty points in front, they can't afford to play around to try to give one guy some confidence.  Especially when it looks like the team would rather play for the other guy (our three most dead-*** performances have come with Cory in net - LA, Detroit and tonight).

We're not even halfway into the season yet.  Standings don't mean much right now.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#159 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Not give up 5 goals, 3 of which were sh!t?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#160 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

He was also with a better team that gave him more offensive help and didn't have Fayne/Merrill/Gelinas/Zidlicky making idiot mistakes on a nightly basis.  People bag on Sal but they need him right now, and Larsson for that matter.

The team is much better now than it was back when we played Vancouver.

Not give up 5 goals, 3 of which were sh!t?

Which 3 were sh!t?

And what about Marty?  He gave up 4 on 22 shots last game.  We wouldn't have had to go to OT had he not played like crap against Washingotn.

Edited by Mike Brown, 23 December 2013 - 11:07 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users