46 replies to this topic

#21 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! Almost 49 years old and still marvel over my Devils Christmas presents every year. New winter hat, throw and a retro Corey Tee.

Dude I'm 29 and my sister just blew me away with her gifts to me this year:

I'm a huge Carter fan so she got me an autographed rookie card, game used gloves and a Carter home jersey.

Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe, have fun and enjoy the time with your friends and families!

Edited by jagknife, 25 December 2013 - 01:03 PM.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hope everyone got some cool Devs stuff- I got a Schneider Stadium Series t-shirt.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm a huge Carter fan so she got me an autographed rookie card, game used gloves and a Carter home jersey.

Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe, have fun and enjoy the time with your friends and families!

Now my spatula doesn't seem so great...lol

#24 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

damnnn im voting for your gifts as the best ones received this year! .. usually you just end up with a bunch of crap you dont want
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#25 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

dude. Nice.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#26 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

They make great Christmas gifts, and what better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

They make great Christmas gifts, and what better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula.

My nephews gave my brother-in-law (a die-hard Bruins fan) a set of grilling utensils, including a spatula with the Bruins logo. So every time we grill at my sister's house, our burgers will have a Bruins logo seered into them lol.

#28 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Got a jacket from my sister and two tickets to see Angels with Dirty Faces and The Treasure of Sierra Madre at the Kimo theater in Albuquerque.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#29 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Got two devil tickets one against the sharks and other of my choice, what's out best home game within next three months to go see!

#30 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

damnnn im voting for your gifts as the best ones received this year! .. usually you just end up with a bunch of crap you dont want

dude. Nice.

I couldn't believe it. It was Christmas/Commissioning gift wrapped into one I guess.

didn't mean to show off.... lol

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#31 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone, even LD

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#32 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone, even LD

Thanks for the special personal wish. Of course Christmas was over when you posted. Are you sober now?  So let me be the first to wish you a Happy New Year.

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hope everyone got some cool Devs stuff- I got a Schneider Stadium Series t-shirt.

It's funny how things change...I'm 43 now, and for the last few years, whenever anyone asks me "What do you want for Christmas?", I can never really think of anything...when I was a kid, I always had a wish list of several things, and when you're a still a child, there's certain gifts that will always be awesome and mind-blowing, like a new videogame system or computer (my parents surprised us with an Atari 2600 back in 1980, when I was 10), a new bicycle, etc.  There was a time when I would've wanted Devils stuff, but the only Devils clothing I really like to wear is jerseys, and I have plenty of them, and no real desire to get more...I don't have any interest in Devils jackets, T-shirts, etc (just not my thing).  I have tons of other Devils stuff, like photos and such (all displayed in my cave), and though I'm always scouring e-bay for something Devils-related, I really don't have room for anything new (almost bought a Parise photo some time ago...glad I didn't!). 

People who know me well always wind up surprising me with things I like a whole lot (my dad got me an awesome train for my bar last year that contains 60-year-old bourbon, and my uncle got me a killer pizza stone for my grill this year) that I wouldn't think to get for myself, and I always appreciate the gifts that are given to me.  But I have to admit, now I have a LOT more fun buying things for other people, especially my daughter...when she comes barrelling down the stairs and starts squealing about how Santa showed up, and then gets all excited as she's opening up presents...THAT'S where the Christmas buzz kicks in for me.  In a way, I'm kind of like the dad in A Christmas Story...he's a relatively simple guy who's not going to receive the "exciting" gifts much anymore (he gets a can of wax and a bowling ball), or have tons of presents waiting for him under the tree, but he gets a much bigger kick out of watching Ralphie's glee as he opens up his Red Ryder BB gun...the gleam in his eye in that scene is the same one I had as I was watching my daughter.     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 26 December 2013 - 09:23 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#34 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

It's funny how things change...I'm 43 now, and for the last few years, whenever anyone asks me "What do you want for Christmas?", I can never really think of anything...when I was a kid, I always had a wish list of several things, and when you're a still a child, there's certain gifts that will always be awesome and mind-blowing, like a new videogame system or computer (my parents surprised us with an Atari 2600 back in 1980, when I was 10), a new bicycle, etc. There was a time when I would've wanted Devils stuff, but the only Devils clothing I really like to wear is jerseys, and I have plenty of them, and no real desire to get more...I don't have any interest in Devils jackets, T-shirts, etc (just not my thing). I have tons of other Devils stuff, like photos and such (all displayed in my cave), and though I'm always scouring e-bay for something Devils-related, I really don't have room for anything new (almost bought a Parise photo some time ago...glad I didn't!).

People who know me well always wind up surprising me with things I like a whole lot (my dad got me an awesome train for my bar last year that contains 60-year-old bourbon, and my uncle got me a killer pizza stone for my grill this year) that I wouldn't think to get for myself, and I always appreciate the gifts that are given to me. But I have to admit, now I have a LOT more fun buying things for other people, especially my daughter...when she comes barrelling down the stairs and starts squealing about how Santa showed up, and then gets all excited as she's opening up presents...THAT'S where the Christmas buzz kicks in for me. In a way, I'm kind of like the dad in A Christmas Story...he's a relatively simple guy who's not going to receive the "exciting" gifts much anymore (he gets a can of wax and a bowling ball), or have tons of presents waiting for him under the tree, but he gets a much bigger kick out of watching Ralphie's glee as he opens up his Red Ryder BB gun...the gleam in his eye in that scene is the same one I had as I was watching my daughter.

I'm with ya CR. I'm 34, and I get much more enjoyment out of giving than receiving now. Seeing my nephews react on Christmas morning (they are 5 and 2) is what Christmas is all about for me now, and one day God willing, my own children. The best gift is being able to spend time with family.

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

I also got a Devils spatula. I hope my Ranger fan friends enjoy their Devil burgers this summer :giggle:

To jump in on what CR1976 was saying, it really is funny how christmas changes when you get older. I'm 32 now, and watching my young cousins opening presents and seeing my moms reaction to her new kitchen table were the highlights for me. Also, I never thought I'd utter the phrase "oh good, I've been needing socks" in a serious manner hahaha

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 26 December 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

I also got a Devils spatula. I hope my Ranger fan friends enjoy their Devil burgers this summer :giggle:

To jump in on what CR1976 was saying, it really is funny how christmas changes when you get older. I'm 32 now, and watching my young cousins opening presents and seeing my moms reaction to her new kitchen table were the highlights for me. Also, I never thought I'd utter the phrase "oh good, I've been needing socks" in a serious manner hahaha

So true DD56, a few years ago my wife got me a new hoodie...and I was actually thrilled...truly! 

When it comes to me and her, we usually buy something for the house (anything from a piece of furniture to a painting), and that winds up being our "gift" to each other...if not that, tickets to a show and dinner and a night or two's stay somewhere.

I think the thing is that once you're drawing a paycheck, you can pretty much buy most things you want when you feel like you want/need it, within reason...there's always going to be things that are going to be out of each individual's price range.  When you're a young kid, you don't have that luxury.  And kids get such a rush out of getting their "dream gift" (if they're so lucky)...ironically, we didn't get my daughter her "dream gift", but she loved the stuff that we DID get her (and my wife and her side of the family went a bit overboard, but at least it wasn't all toys...she now likes jewelry and clothes as well).  She pretty much forgot all about the dream gift (some robotic dog).     

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,886 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Honestly, my favorite present this year was a bracelet my nephew made for me. The fact that he made it just for me and that it's from him mean more to me than anything. Its been on my wrist since Christmas Eve, and I'll be wearing it everyday.

#38 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hope everyone had a great Xmas!!

ot my tix for the Stadium game, plus a feew others!!

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#39 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Honestly, my favorite present this year was a bracelet my nephew made for me. The fact that he made it just for me and that it's from him mean more to me than anything. Its been on my wrist since Christmas Eve, and I'll be wearing it everyday.

Just kidding, that's awesome.  It's little gifts like that that really make Christmas (and other holidays) special.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to all you Njdev'ers out there.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#40 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for the special personal wish. Of course Christmas was over when you posted. Are you sober now?  So let me be the first to wish you a Happy New Year.

Haha thanks LD

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users