167 replies to this topic

#41 mfitz804

mfitz804

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't think it was a brain fart. He was probably attempting this...

No, he didn't come close to that.

#42 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

He actually looked like he tried against Lundqvist. His strategy from the start was to rip it glove side high goal or no goal. Against Columbus, he simply looked like he was going through the motions. Great he mentioned the Devils were terrible at the SO (duh), but he was the most embarrassing shooter of that loss.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#43 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

He is speaking about Jagr who was first in the shootout last night.

Booze does make one speak without knowledge. Have a nice day. Be careful out there you could get hurt.

LD I don't know how I should take your me being an alcoholic jabs...should I be offended or is it you just being a little sh!t? 

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#44 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

LD I don't know how I should take your me being an alcoholic jabs...should I be offended or is it you just being a little sh!t?

You will have to decide. You were a day late with your Merry Christmas wish and you suggested that Jagr be used in the shootouts the day after he was used. I personally wouldn't think "it is me being a little sh!t" nor do I think you "should be offended" I might suggest help. Good luck with your selection. Think like DeBoer and you will get it wrong

#45 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

You will have to decide. You were a day late with your Merry Christmas wish and you suggested that Jagr be used in the shootouts the day after he was used. I personally wouldn't think "it is me being a little sh!t" nor do I think you "should be offended" I might suggest help. Good luck with your selection. Think like DeBoer and you will get it wrong

Sorry, I can't really read what you just said. I'm entirely too drunk. I'll get back to you after a nice little nap.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#46 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much the point.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#47 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,348 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Andrei Loktionov unsuccessful attempt versus Ben Bishop

Travis Zajac unsuccessful attempt versus Mathieu Garon

Patrik Elias unsuccessful attempt versus Mathieu Garon

Steve Sullivan unsuccessful attempt versus Ryan Miller

Patrik Elias unsuccessful attempt versus Ryan Miller

Travis Zajac unsuccessful attempt versus Ryan Miller

Damien Brunner unsuccessful attempt versus Evgeni Nabokov

Ryane Clowe unsuccessful attempt versus Evgeni Nabokov

Patrik Elias unsuccessful attempt versus Evgeni Nabokov

Travis Zajac unsuccessful attempt versus Evgeni Nabokov

Michael Ryder unsuccessful attempt versus Evgeni Nabokov

Jaromir Jagr unsuccessful attempt versus Evgeni Nabokov

Damien Brunner unsuccessful attempt versus Jason LaBarbera

Ryane Clowe unsuccessful attempt versus Jason LaBarbera

Travis Zajac unsuccessful attempt versus Roberto Luongo

Adam Henrique unsuccessful attempt versus Roberto Luongo

Patrik Elias unsuccessful attempt versus Roberto Luongo

Michael Ryder unsuccessful attempt versus Jonathan Bernier

Travis Zajac unsuccessful attempt versus Jonathan Bernier

Adam Henrique unsuccessful attempt versus Jonathan Bernier

Reid Boucher successful attempt versus Peter Budaj

Travis Zajac unsuccessful attempt versus Peter Budaj

Patrik Elias unsuccessful attempt versus Peter Budaj

Jaromir Jagr unsuccessful attempt versus Curtis McElhinney

Ryan Clowe unsuccessful attempt versus Curtis McElhinney

Patrik Elias unsuccessful attempt versus Curtis McElhinney

Jaromir Jagr unsuccessful attempt versus Jonathan Bernier

Ryan Clowe unsuccessful attempt versus Jonathan Bernier

Reid Boucher unsuccessful attempt versus Jonathan Bernier

the Devils are now 0-10 shootouts dating back to last season and an NHL record 1-29 in shootout attempts overall

this is not luck. This is psychological

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

my god that is just down right embaressing..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Wanna know something funny?  The Devils actually have the 2nd highest shootout shooting percentage in NHL history.  I'm gonna assume that prior to these past 2 seasons, they actually had the best shooting percentage.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#50 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,441 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

Wanna know something funny?  The Devils actually have the 2nd highest shootout shooting percentage in NHL history.  I'm gonna assume that prior to these past 2 seasons, they actually had the best shooting percentage.

Well we had the player with the current best career shooting % from all active NHL players on our team, that should have helped a little.

www.SterioDesign.com

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

They were awesome at it for a long time.  It remains amazing how much it's gone the other way.  It's like going from being a 110-point team one season to a 60-point team the next.  That jarring and that sudden.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#52 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

At this point, PDB might as well let Marty give it a try, he certainly could not do any worse then what we saw last night!

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#53 bodnar41

bodnar41

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Mother of God this is so disappointing...freaking put out greene, zidlicky, and gelinas as the anchor so he can blast a hole through the goalies chest.

#54 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Mother of God this is so disappointing...freaking put out greene, zidlicky, and gelinas as the anchor so he can blast a hole through the goalies chest.

i just dont understand after all of those attempts how not one single person (other than boucher once) has scored one single shoot out goal... i mean when we go to a shoot out the other teams must be laughing at us
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#55 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

i just dont understand after all of those attempts how not one single person (other than boucher once) has scored one single shoot out goal... i mean when we go to a shoot out the other teams must be laughing at us

It's psychological now, as '7' said above. It's in their heads that they can't score. All they can do is fight through it

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#56 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

No one has any good dekes or come wide enough to pull the goalie away from the post.

Devils.

#57 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

No one has any good dekes or come wide enough to pull the goalie away from the post.

Those are pretty and make highlight reels, but most goals are just straight shots, and our guys just don't have the confidence to beat a goalie flat out. Look at the shooters against us. Most of them aren't doing anything amazing.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 13 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#58 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

And PDB still refuses to practice shootouts/breakways/finishing on a regular basis!

#59 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

And PDB still refuses to practice shootouts/breakways/finishing on a regular basis!

i mean who really knows what they are practicing.. but i think it should definently be something that should be focused on a little more. This team goes to over time constantly which leads to shoot outs which is an automatic loss
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#60 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

i mean who really knows what they are practicing.. but i think it should definently be something that should be focused on a little more. This team goes to over time constantly which leads to shoot outs which is an automatic loss

No, PDB has said as much-that they rarely practice any of it. They're probably too busy practicing the ol' cycle the puck back to Salvador for a weak, inaccurate wrist shot from the point move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users