2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

another shootout loss to chalk onto our embaressing record this season
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#122 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

I suggest this approach from now on for all our shootout attempts

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 28 March 2014 - 07:47 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#123 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

Just send Gelinas down and see if he can blast one ala Gunner Stahl tried to do in D2.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#124 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

So the guys we have on our roster are 0-26 or something like that? I mean, how the hell is this even possible? Even a poor shootout team should be scoring 1 in 4 shots. 

#125 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,886 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

So the guys we have on our roster are 0-26 or something like that? I mean, how the hell is this even possible? Even a poor shootout team should be scoring 1 in 4 shots. 

yes. Nobody on the active roster has scored a shootout goal this year. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#126 peteyvegas51

peteyvegas51

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Patrik Elias: “We stink in the shootout. That’s all. Bottom line."

It's because he's using the same move for the last 20 years.

#127 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Ryder has a shot, but he doesn't have the "hands".. You need someone with balls and finesse who is not afraid to miss. Don't know if we have anyone like that.. I thought maybe Brunner fit the bill but I guess not. At this point I'm sure the mental part has become very real as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Zids to me.

#128 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE....if only to help with the mental state and confidence aspect! This is embarrassing.

And dont select a guy who missed three glorious chances during the game. Youre asking for bad confidence to snowball!!

Edited by devlman, 28 March 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#129 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

I suggest we hire my team to take all our shootouts, well except the last guy............

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE....if only to help with the mental state and confidence aspect! This is embarrassing.

And dont select a guy who missed three glorious chances during the game. Youre asking for bad confidence to snowball!!

The Devils practice the shootout a lot.  It doesn't have anything to do with practice.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#131 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

The Devils practice the shootout a lot.  It doesn't have anything to do with practice.

if it's like what we saw at the end of the VIP practice, i wouldn't go too nuts with it. it was loosey goosey - only 5 guys went maybe 4 or 5 times each. and they hardly scored at all.

again, is what it is - its a big time mental thing as much as it's not being able to execute.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#132 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

So if they practiced with taser shocks for the guys who didn't score, it'd work better?

Brunner had a chance and went in too deep - Clowe just barely missed - Elias, well the less said about that the better, Elias has to be taken off the shootout.

#133 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

So if they practiced with taser shocks for the guys who didn't score, it'd work better?

Brunner had a chance and went in too deep - Clowe just barely missed - Elias, well the less said about that the better, Elias has to be taken off the shootout.

Really, i thought Elias made some nice moves? He had Greiss in knots, he just didnt elevate the shot.

Posted Image

#134 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Pete DeBoer clearly has never heard Einstein's quote about the definition of insanity. At this point I can't believe he hasn't tried Zids once. I mean, I watched him score a few at the practice the other day. Same with JJ and Ruutu. Literally saw them score with my own eyes. What's the worst that could happen? None of them score? Oh well, we're in the same position as before but at least a fvcking effort was made to break the trend. The Brunner, Clowe, Elias well has long been dry.

believe-devs.jpg

#135 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,481 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Pete DeBoer clearly has never heard Einstein's quote about the definition of insanity. At this point I can't believe he hasn't tried Zids once. I mean, I watched him score a few at the practice the other day. Same with JJ and Ruutu. Literally saw them score with my own eyes. What's the worst that could happen? None of them score? Oh well, we're in the same position as before but at least a fvcking effort was made to break the trend. The Brunner, Clowe, Elias well has long been dry.

He did use Zidlicky once, it's just that he didn't get to take his turn, so it's not like the idea hasn't occured to him.

The Devils have used 8 different shooters, 9 if you count Zidlicky.  Brunner only has 3 shootout attempts.  Personally I think the definition of insanity is closer to 'changing things around for no defensible reason', but that's me.

Edited by Triumph, 28 March 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#136 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

He did use Zidlicky once, it's just that he didn't get to take his turn, so it's not like the idea hasn't occured to him.

The Devils have used 8 different shooters, 9 if you count Zidlicky.  Brunner only has 3 shootout attempts.  Personally I think the definition of insanity is closer to 'changing things around for no defensible reason', but that's me.

That's what's weird about DeBoer. He'll change the line-up after a win but will stick with the same guys in the shootout. I don't understand why he'll be so stubborn with some things and not with others.

believe-devs.jpg

#137 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Do they? I have only read one of one or two instances all year

#138 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

I have a solution.  Every Devils should do this move from now on:

It's total crap, and should be illegal.  But it's not, so the Devils should employ it.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 28 March 2014 - 01:40 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#139 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

They need Gionta on the shootout.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#140 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

We'd have to be able to hit the net for that to work. Bet you $1,000 it'd go wide. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users