Photo

NFL Week 17....bye bye anti-football......

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Eagles could barely score on the worst defense haha that's a moral victory for Dallas. Eagles one and done. Bye bye.

The Eagles were tied with Denver for most yards per play and were 4th in points scored, and that was with Vick/Barkley combining to throw nearly 40% of the team's passes. Foles has been one of the best QB's in the league since stepping in, McCoy is easily one of the best RB's. I wouldn't be so quick to discount what they can do on offense. 

Edited by nmigliore, 30 December 2013 - 09:22 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

.....Shanahan and staff all fired....

.....in related news, the Sun came up this morning :P

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

Totally agree with you on the Chudzinski firing.   With all the trash he inherited (Weedan, Richardson, etc.)  he actually made them, for a very breif moment, a potential playoff team until Hoyer got hurt.   This was a mistake in my opinion.

Their GM, Mike Lombardi, has his face so far up Belichick's ass, it's unbelievable. He would can a coach just for the chance of having a disciple of Bill, be it O'Brien or McDaniels.

Never seen a more BS coaching change. This was their guy. He was left with nothing. When given a half decent QB, they won. Let this man have a chance with the two 1st rounders you have this season.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

That was Shanny's ploy the past year, get fired make $7 million.

He actually did RGIII a favor by not playing him the past few weeks.  He looks like damaged goods.

Their GM, Mike Lombardi, has his face so far up Belichick's ass, it's unbelievable. He would can a coach just for the chance of having a disciple of Bill, be it O'Brien or McDaniels.

Never seen a more BS coaching change. This was their guy. He was left with nothing. When given a half decent QB, they won. Let this man have a chance with the two 1st rounders you have this season.

Lombardi?  Wasn't he just an NFL network stooge?  

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#45 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yep. :lol: I bet the Browns hire McDaniels, Lombardi has been a big advocate in the past.

Feel really bad for Chudzinski, he deserved a lot better considering the team he had to work with.

Edited by nmigliore, 30 December 2013 - 09:45 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

That's terrible if that's what this is about....what's next a trade for Ryan Mallett too??? Probably....

This firing might be dumber then Dallas keeping Garrett......

That was Shanny's ploy the past year, get fired make $7 million.

He actually did RGIII a favor by not playing him the past few weeks.  He looks like damaged goods.

If he was doing Griffin any favors, Cousins plays the FIRST two games of the season not the LAST, Shanny is a tool and an arrogant jackass, I pity the next team to hire him....

and yeah,Lombardi left the NFL Network last season...it's a shame, he's a capable TV guy for them....maybe he'll be back soon :lol:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#47 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

I am sure that the decision to start RGIII at the start had more to do with RGIII's relationship to Snyder (and the selling of merchandise).

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

I am sure that the decision to start RGIII at the start had more to do with RGIII's relationship to Snyder (and the selling of merchandise).

I'm not.....remember this is the same coach that sent Terrell Davis on the field with migraines SO BAD he couldn't see.... but they needed his "as a decoy".....don't forget Griffin was hurt ALL GAME with Seattle, limping and dying around like Arnold in the end of a Terminator movie and they kept him in the game WAY too long till his body finally collapsed....the man has a history of handling injured players in a douchey way (don't forget the Haynesworth disaster too)

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,320 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Shanny supporter by any stretch.   But he knows he was wrong about playing RGIII against Seattle and you can't blame him for Hainsworth, who basically played his way out of the league.

Whether it was intentional or not, alllowing RGIII additional time to heal during the off-season, instead of playing him in some meaningless games, was good for both the Skins and the QB, plus it allowed Cousins to get some meaningful snaps, instead practice snaps.

If he did this to humiliate RGIII, this will backfire.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Never should have left Rutgers...douche.

http://espn.go.com/n...-bay-buccaneers

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#51 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

They can be shut down easily by a good defense.

The Eagles were tied with Denver for most yards per play and were 4th in points scored, and that was with Vick/Barkley combining to throw nearly 40% of the team's passes. Foles has been one of the best QB's in the league since stepping in, McCoy is easily one of the best RB's. I wouldn't be so quick to discount what they can do on offense.

#52 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...er-five-seasons

Jim Schwartz fired!

Talk about a guy who did jack-sh!t. 29 fvcking wins in 80 games coached. 4 losing seasons out of 5. How the hell did he even last 5 years?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...er-five-seasons

Jim Schwartz fired!

Talk about a guy who did jack-sh!t. 29 fvcking wins in 80 games coached. 4 losing seasons out of 5. How the hell did he even last 5 years?

Ask Matt Millen...that clown held onto his job for how long?

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#54 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Ask Matt Millen...that clown held onto his job for how long?

To be fair, he took over a historically bad team....0-16. It had Calvin Johnson and not much else. Within 3 years, getting it to 10-6 was quite the feat. But they took a giant step back last year at 4-12. Do you fire him then -- just a year removed from their first playoff season in 12 years? Debatable, but their performance down the stretch this season made it the easiest firing of the off-season, in my opinion.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

Never should have left Rutgers...douche.

http://espn.go.com/n...-bay-buccaneers

Too bad he'll probably wind up at Penn State if O'Brien gets an NFL job.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#56 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

And how ironic sd shouldn't be in the playoffs Pittsburgh should but the refs fkes over Kansas at the end on that field goal.

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

To be fair, he took over a historically bad team....0-16. It had Calvin Johnson and not much else. Within 3 years, getting it to 10-6 was quite the feat. But they took a giant step back last year at 4-12. Do you fire him then -- just a year removed from their first playoff season in 12 years? Debatable, but their performance down the stretch this season made it the easiest firing of the off-season, in my opinion.

He had a young team that never grew up and matured under him.....if anything his immaturity and stupidity had rubbed off on the team year after year and blowing the NFC North with Chicago and Green Bay dead to rights.....was totally inexcusable....

Too bad he'll probably wind up at Penn State if O'Brien gets an NFL job.

That will make me PLENTY sick.....guy slimes out....gets an NFL job he had NO business getting....and gets rewarded with his dream job??? That just ain't right......

#58 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hell of a game by Blount today...what a friggin' beast he was.  Usually it's Brady who has to overcome BB and Puppetricia's D (which was well on its way towards fvcking up another game in the 4th quarter...Pats score, then the Bills march right down the field with relative ease).  This time it was Blount playing the role of savior, both rushing (189 yards and 2 TDs) and on special teams (two huge returns for 145 yards).  The Pats D had given up TDs on the Bills' previous two drives and the Bills had a guy wide open on a 4th-and-2...the ball was right in his hands, but thankfully he dropped it...otherwise it would've likely been 3 straight TDs.  Thank God the Bills beat themselves on that one...Pats D always needs as much help as it can get.   

Great job by Edelman this year too (105 catches).

Thank God for the bye...and for Ron Gronkowski while the Pats had him...they never get that #2 seed without his contributions. 

You keep writing them and I'll keep commenting. The Patriots have Tom Brady. And their coach. There isn't much else with their injuries that make them much better than any non-playoff team at all. This was the best coaching job of Bill's career, and he should be neck and neck with Ron Rivera for coach of the year. Hard to quantify, but Bill probably had a better regular seaosn than Tom Brady did.

You are asking way too much from this no name defense that lost their two best players.  And maybe you aren't impressed enough with this undrafted offense too. The Patriots defense not being Chicago or Dallas bad is impressive enough.  

logokx.jpg

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

I was referring only to Matt Millen as the "clown".   

You keep writing them and I'll keep commenting. The Patriots have Tom Brady. And their coach. There isn't much else with their injuries that make them much better than any non-playoff team at all. This was the best coaching job of Bill's career, and he should be neck and neck with Ron Rivera for coach of the year. Hard to quantify, but Bill probably had a better regular seaosn than Tom Brady did.

You are asking way too much from this no name defense that lost their two best players.  And maybe you aren't impressed enough with this undrafted offense too. The Patriots defense not being Chicago or Dallas bad is impressive enough.  

Brady saw most of his receiving corp taken away from him (through a variety of circumstances...not blaming anyone in the Patriot organization for that), yet still put up solid numbers.  He could've put up more TDs if he wanted to, but the Pats actually had their running backs run the ball for TDs when the circumstances called for it.  I thought the offense would score around 400-425 points or so, and they exceeded that (though they were clearly more prolific with Gronk in the lineup).  I rarely criticize the offense.  They did a terrific job this season.     

I'm not asking the Patriot D to be world-beaters.  I'd take solidly average or upper bottom-half.  To their credit, like I've always pointed out, they manage to keep the points down, in relation to the number of yards they give up.  But it's been a shaky unit now for a long time, injuries or no injuries, and like I've pointed out, the level of QBs they struggle against is maddening.  Thad Lewis almost led a comeback against them.  Jason Campbell tore them up.  So did Tannehill, who then got shut down by the Bills and the Jets.  Thank God for the dropped 4th-and-2 pass, and later the onside kick giving the Pats great field position (and Blount having an awesome game, as he ran the ball for 10 yards, then a 35-yard-TD to ice the game).  Actually, if not for Blount, the Bills probably don't try the onside kick, but they were having trouble with the run all day. 

If the Pats win one playoff game, I'll think they did a hell of a job...they did that just getting a bye week, really.  No way I can expect them to go into Denver and win that game if the Pats win their home playoff game...if the Pats get to host a second home game by virtue of Denver losing, it gets interesting for sure, and if they won THAT game, then even if they lose by 20+ points in the Super Bowl, I'll still be thrilled with what they did in the playoffs. 

#30 FOREVER!

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,051 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

You jest but there really are a lot of BAD defenses in the league.  Some of that's the rules and the way the game is now but still, too many of these teams have absolutely no hope of stopping any offense at all, not just the Brady/Brees/Peyton/Rodgers juggernauts.  Seems like half the decent-good D's in the league are all in the NFC West.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users