Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#261 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Pryor a seahawk. Most likely, knowing Carrol, he'll return kicks and all. He'll be a third string backup, has the athleticism for special teams. If he makes the roster of course.

#262 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Interesting move for Seattle. If he TEACH prior the next few years, he might have struck gold.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#263 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

Interesting move for Seattle. If he TEACH prior the next few years, he might have struck gold.

He won't get a chance to play unless Wilson gets hurt. Otherwise, I can't recall if there's ever been a projected fringe QB that became good by being "taught" or "mentored". Brady and Rodgers benefitted greatly by not being thrown into the wringer immediately, and having great coaching. Usually though, guys that are mentored turn into Matt Flynn or Matt Cassell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#264 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

He is a third string qb. Chances are they'll use his oy asset, speed, for something useful. If he makes that roster of course

#265 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

they could use him in a similar role to what Percy Harvin was doing when he was actually healthy.....you put Lynch, Harvin, and Pryor out there and that's a LOT of options to worry about, and add in Wilson's own speed....that could be a defensive nightmare to deal with on 3rd and 5 or less yards....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#266 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

they could use him in a similar role to what Percy Harvin was doing when he was actually healthy.....you put Lynch, Harvin, and Pryor out there and that's a LOT of options to worry about, and add in Wilson's own speed....that could be a defensive nightmare to deal with on 3rd and 5 or less yards....

Pryor could be the starter in 3 years as well.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#267 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Pryor could be the starter in 3 years as well.

At QB? For the Seahawks? Are you posting from a weed dispensary in Boulder?

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#268 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

He'll be 28 at that time. I find it very unlikely. His qbs skills suck as well. Went through a ton of qb coaches, so far, unteachable.

#269 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

You never know.   Three years as a back-up with great coaching and a strong team in front of him, it is possible.

Three years many things can happen.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#270 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

Fitzpatrick could be a very, very good QB with the right team.   I actually think that the Titans made a HUGE mistake in dropping him.

He made them competitive when he took over.   He should back-up and learn a system first and then slowly take over a team.   The Rams would be perfect for him.

I dunno if he'd go back to the Rams. But eh.

Edited by ghdi, 01 May 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#271 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

I'm legitimately excited for the draft this year because of all the questions surrounding the top of the draft. Will Atlanta trade up to pop Clowney? Are the Rams really content with Sam Bradford? Who takes the plunge on Johnny Football and what happens with the rest of the QB class? Will Cleveland take advantage of having 3 of the first 35 picks and 5 of the first 85?

Bill Barnwell of Grantland wrote about some possible scenarios here, worth a read: http://grantland.com...ziel-scenarios/

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#272 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Fitzpatrick??? :lol: ....the dude is a walking turnover factory....if he starts the Texicans will be BEGGING for Schaub to come back by week 5

This is a weird draft....no one wants to go first!!!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#273 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,328 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

This draft really is pretty unpredictable. No one seems to know what's gonna happen. Could be a lot of trades in the first round. Really looking forward to it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#274 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Richard Sherman gets a 4/54/40 extension, and Earl Thomas gets 4/40/27.75

I wonder if Seattle has handicapped themselves from a cap perspective?  Russel Wilson will not come cheap for sure.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#275 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

22 for Russel is the word. They can sign all four, including Lynch. But it will come at the cost of possibly Aviril, Malcolm Smith etc.

#276 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

No doubt they'll be looking to replace those guys with cheaper rookies and retreads.  What will help is that they're going to have 9 million in dead money come off this year's cap when they have to worry about these extensions kick in, which will help pay for, at least, Thomas.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#277 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

22 for Russel is the word. They can sign all four, including Lynch. But it will come at the cost of possibly Aviril, Malcolm Smith etc.

Nice that Wilson is getting divorced right before he hits the jackpot.

Posted Image

#278 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

Lord, Suzy Kolber is like the female version of . . . well I don't know but she's pretty terrible.

Posted Image

#279 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Lord, Suzy Kolber is like the female version of . . . well I don't know but she's pretty terrible.

The female version of Linda Cohn

#280 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Some surprises... Bortles to Jacksonville, Bills trading up for Watkins, Browns moving up a spot (after trading down in the Bills trade) to get Gilbert when most figured it would be Manziel or Lewan. Fun stuff so far.

Vikings just took Barr. Things could get really weird with Manziel if the Titans don't take him at 11.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users