Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#281 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Oh great now it's almost 50-50 Manziel's gonna be there with the Jets pick.  Maybe Jerry Jones gets the goo-goo eyes first though.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#282 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Some surprises... Bortles to Jacksonville, Bills trading up for Watkins, Browns moving up a spot (after trading down in the Bills trade) to get Gilbert when most figured it would be Manziel or Lewan. Fun stuff so far.

Vikings just took Barr. Things could get really weird with Manziel if the Titans don't take him at 11.

I don't think the Titans take him.  Locker was actually halfway decent this year when healthy and probably deserves another chance.

And now the Lions take the big TE lol...well they can get a pinball offense going at least - if Stafford gets his head out of his butt.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 May 2014 - 08:19 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#283 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Interesting to see if some team before Cleveland's next pick trades with Houston so Houston can nab Manziel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#284 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Lewan's mom is a total MILF.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#285 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

Interesting to see if some team before Cleveland's next pick trades with Houston so Houston can nab Manziel.

I'm praying that happens...god help us if he's there and either we take him (rendering $5 million on Vick and a second-rounder last year all but wasted), or we don't and get ripped to the high heavens for it.

And it's better than 50-50 now.  The only teams left that 'might' take a QB are the Rams and Dallas, and in Dallas's case it's only cause of Jerry being star-struck (and possibly Romo's back issues).  Plus the Rams said it was Bradford's team, they'd have to do a 180 on that.

#286 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

I'm praying that happens...god help us if he's there and either we take him (rendering $5 million on Vick and a second-rounder last year all but wasted), or we don't and get ripped to the high heavens for it.

And it's better than 50-50 now. The only teams left that 'might' take a QB are the Rams and Dallas, and in Dallas's case it's only cause of Jerry being star-struck (and possibly Romo's back issues). Plus the Rams said it was Bradford's team, they'd have to do a 180 on that.

Yeah, but how hot is Lewan's mom?

Edited by Daniel, 08 May 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

#287 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

lol even the Cowboys passed on Manziel.  All the other QB's are sitting there.  I just hope Woody doesn't overrule Idzik here cause you know Idzik wouldn't pick a QB.

#288 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

Browns traded up. This is Manziel.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#289 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

lol well good for them.  Seems like half the picks in this draft have been the Browns trading up or down :P

#290 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

Well good for Manziel. seems like 1/2 of this broadcast was Manziel sitting, clapping for his teammates, or drinking water

Now maybe Marqise Lee to philly?

Cooks to New Orleans. He's going to be amazing in N.O. Jets may regret this

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#291 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Who is that girl sitting next to Manziel his girl or sister? #want
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#292 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Who is that girl sitting next to Manziel his girl or sister? #want

girlfriend

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#293 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Well good for Manziel. seems like 1/2 of this broadcast was Manziel sitting, clapping for his teammates, or drinking water

Now maybe Marqise Lee to philly?

Cooks to New Orleans. He's going to be amazing in N.O. Jets may regret this

Yeah of course it had to be the Saints drafting him too.  

People can say Rex is still running the draft but honestly Idzik probably doesn't put a high value on WR's anyway (look at Seattle's homegrown guys last year, just Golden Tate and a bunch of #4's)

#294 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

Certainly an interesting pick by NE. Kind of out of left field

#295 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

Bridgewater was a nice get by Minnesota. I think he's become a victim of people overrating pro days versus game tape and focusing on the things he can't do (no rocket arm, not 6'5" like Bortles) rather than what he can do (accurate passer, reads defenses well, mentally strong, very calm in the pocket).

Edited by nmigliore, 09 May 2014 - 07:18 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#296 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Certainly an interesting pick by NE. Kind of out of left field

Kind of like an Adrian Foster ego pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#297 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Bridgewater was a nice get by Minnesota. I think he's become a victim of people overrating pro days versus game tape and focusing on the things he can't do (no rocket arm, not 6'5" like Bortles) rather than what he can do (accurate passer, reads defenses well, mentally strong, very calm in the pocket).

Definitely. The way he played against Rutgers in 2012 for the Big East title ON ONE LEG was incredible. He's a gamer. Great value for Minny

#298 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Holy mackeral

Ben Volin @BenVolin 3m

Speak of the devil... RT @MaryKayCabot Within 1 hour of end of 1st round, Browns sold more than 1,000 season tickets. Calls still pouring in

Posted Image

#299 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Kind of like an Adrian Foster ego pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good comparison.

The guy has torn ACLs in BOTH knees already.  A lot of articles about how BB seems like he's trying to outsmart himself with this one. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#300 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

Holy mackeral

Ben Volin @BenVolin 3m

Speak of the devil... RT @MaryKayCabot Within 1 hour of end of 1st round, Browns sold more than 1,000 season tickets. Calls still pouring in

They realize he might not start next season, right?

I mean, I still think Cleveland will be a decent to good team if they can get someone with a pulse on the opposite side of Josh Gordon and if they can invest in enough Duct Tape to keep Ben Tate in one piece, but still...

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users