Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#321 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Ray Rice suspended two games for beating up his fiance a few months ago.

That's actually pretty pathetic that he got off that easy. The league should be ashamed.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#322 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

That's actually pretty pathetic that he got off that easy. The league should be ashamed.

Its the system that was collectively bargained, there is no real evidence of what ACTUALLY happened in that elevator, and on top of that the "Damming footage on tape" to me just looks like two drunk idiots trying to stumble to their hotel room....that scene probably happens hourly in AC

Plus Rice also gets the benefit of the doubt since he was squeaky clean before this happened

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#323 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Smoke a joint- get the fvck out of the league. Beat up your fiance to the point she's unconscious- 2 games. Goodell logic.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#324 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Smoke a joint- get the fvck out of the league. Beat up your fiance to the point she's unconscious- 2 games. Goodell logic.

I will NEVER defend a man hitting a woman, unless it's in pure self-defense and the man has absolutely no other choice, and even then, I'm not saying that it's OK to keep on hitting back...more of a "get off me" hit to allow the man to get away from his attacker so that he can get help. 

That being said, I've felt there's long been a serious double-standard when it comes to this issue:

Guy gets caught cheating by wife, she beats the snot of him while he takes it.  In a lot of circles, women would celebrate this in a "Yeah, you go girl" kind of way. 

Woman gets caught cheating by husband, he beats her up, any self-respecting male would not back him up on his actions (nor should he).   

And of course, if a woman is hitting her boyfriend/spouse whatever to the point of leaving marks and drawing blood, and all he does is push her off him (doesn't even strike her, just pushes her off) and she bumps her head on a table or chair or wall and is knocked unconscious but has a lump or mark, when the cops show up, guess who's getting shackled and labeled a "woman-beater"?

Not implying that any of the above is OK by males OR females...and that's exactly my point.  Women get away with FAR more than men do when it comes to domestic abuse (could you imagine the outcry if Jay-Z had a brother and he went to town on BeyoncĂ© the way BeyoncĂ©'s sister went to town on him?), and they should be held just as accountable for THEIR actions (which are often given a "well, women are emotional and aren't as physically strong as men" pass) as men are. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 29 July 2014 - 12:39 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#325 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

If Rice did it three times like Gordon has he'd not even be allowed to buy NFL Sunday Ticket forget ever play in the league again....you should know better than to compare the two dude....

The fact that one PERSON beat up another PERSON should be the issue....wheter a man or woman was hurt should be irrelevant, its amazing how "equal rights" arguements disappear when it comes to someone losing a perk :P (no this is not an endorsement to beat up women....most guys would be equally as defensless if a raging pro athete came after them too....the need to seperate the difference in "how bad it was" should not be there)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#326 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

If Rice did it three times like Gordon has he'd not even be allowed to buy NFL Sunday Ticket forget ever play in the league again....you should know better than to compare the two dude....

The fact that one PERSON beat up another PERSON should be the issue....wheter a man or woman was hurt should be irrelevant, its amazing how "equal rights" arguements disappear when it comes to someone losing a perk :P (no this is not an endorsement to beat up women....most guys would be equally as defensless if a raging pro athete came after them too....the need to seperate the difference in "how bad it was" should not be there)

The bolded:  yes, this.  That's exactly what I was going for, and how it should be. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#327 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Andy Dalton gets 6 years, $112 million....yeup.... $18 mil a year to be just about above average..... Jesus the Chiefs must be pulling their eyeballs out now......

#328 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

It's 96 million not 112 mill

Edited by CarterforPresident, 04 August 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#329 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Dalton's extension includes a $12 million signing bonus and a $5 million roster bonus. The contract has a base value of $96 million, and he can earn $19 million more through incentives.

Even $16 million a year for above average is still absurdity......

#330 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

If he ever wins in the playoffs.

#331 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

I feel for these teams that have middle of the road QB's as they're stuck in a tough position when it comes to these decisions. On one hand you have what maybe half the teams in the league yearn for -- think of the Browns and all the QB's they've run through year after year; they'd kill for just competent and above average -- but on the other hand, competent and above average typically only goes so far and that becomes even more agonizing with a big salary spike.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#332 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Quarterbacking in this league is not what it used to be, forget the inflated no defense era numbers...the amount of true elite Quarterbacks in this league is a paltry few. I think the Bengals looked at the big picture. They have an above average QB who is slowly improving...still has some kinks in his game to work out but is a DURABLE (that's very important) playmaker. He's really Eli Manning without the playoff luck, and still only 26.

Look at all the drech that's been recycled throughout the league. From Sanchez to Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson, Kellen Clemens. You fall into that bad QB rut and it will set your franchise back a decade.

Look at how long the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins have been looking. That made things a heck of a lot easier for NE to romp through this division for 12 years save for a year or two.

Edited by '7', 04 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#333 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hard Knocks starts up tonight. Looking forward to it, love Hard Knocks.

#334 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

...and the NFL upholds the Josh Gordon suspension.

Man the Browns have to be pissed as to how this all came down.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#335 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

....SORTA....this suspension has in it that he CAN be reinstated at the end of the season

I'm more annoyed that I had a nice long rant about this in my Browns preview (the AFC is 75% done)...and now I gotta re-write it....CMON TWO-QB SYSTEM!!!

#336 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

I know this happened yesterday, but the Patriots traded Logan Mankins to Tampa for TE Tim Wright and a pick. Surprising, but not surprising... The Pats always seem to get rid of dudes at just the right time (see Seymour, Richard and Milloy, Lawyer). And Tim Wright will probably be a Hernandez clone in that offense. Tim Wright also isn't a murderer as far as we know, so this will likely work out for them, as most everything does. So yeah, fvck the Patriots lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 27 August 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#337 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

I know this happened yesterday, but the Patriots traded Logan Mankins to Tampa for TE Tim Wright and a pick. Surprising, but not surprising... The Pats always seem to get rid of dudes at just the right time (see Seymour, Richard and Milloy, Lawyer). And Tim Wright will probably be a Hernandez clone in that offense. Tim Wright also isn't a murderer as far as we know, so this will likely work out for them, as most everything does. So yeah, fvck the Patriots lol.

Yes they are mostly on the ball when it comes to unloading guys, but losing Welker hurt them last year. Other than that they don't get burned.

this is a curious move. Tim Wright had a nice under the radar season last year with Tampa. He has more WR size than Tight End though.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#338 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,423 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Tampa drafted a freak-size TE (6'6) this year high in the second round so clearly they want to give him the run of it, and they've been looking for line help for a while.  

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#339 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yeah Tampa was kicking the tires on that loon Incognito. They obviously thought better of it.

#340 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

This is one of those deals that does make some sense from a strictly forensic standpoint (which tends to be BB's MO).  And Wright got better as the season went on...he had exactly one catch for six yards through his first three games of last season.  It could work out nicely, though he's not a true tight end, in that he's a converted WR, and the word is he can't block at all.  Mankins was also being paid more than he's really worth. 

But Mankins was absolutely LOVED in that locker room, pretty much to a man.  His teammates were clearly surprised and saddened to see him go.  And it looks like Garrapollo is going to start the final game of the preseason (Brady isn't going to play), meaning Brady and Wright won't get any on-field time together until the regular season.  I can see why some might think this is the latest case of BB trying to outsmart himself for sure.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users