Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#341 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Yeah Tampa was kicking the tires on that loon Incognito. They obviously thought better of it.

There are always a bunch of teams that get decimated lines during the course of the season. The Incognito stuff has been off the back pages for a while. If signing Incognito helps a team not get its prized QB killed...they'll do it. He will be on an NFL roster when this season ends.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#342 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

There are always a bunch of teams that get decimated lines during the course of the season. The Incognito stuff has been off the back pages for a while. If signing Incognito helps a team not get its prized QB killed...they'll do it. He will be on an NFL roster when this season ends.

No doubt about it. Someone will sign him.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#343 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Dalton's extension includes a $12 million signing bonus and a $5 million roster bonus. The contract has a base value of $96 million, and he can earn $19 million more through incentives.

Even $16 million a year for above average is still absurdity......

Generally I'd agree this gave me a little pause about Dalton however:

Bv2lJnXIgAAxtKj.png

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#344 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Peyton's first three years might as well have taken place on a different planet, the way the game is played now.  1998 might as well be 1888.  Peyton's first season drags down his overall numbers in that three-year sample as well...he threw 26 TD and 28 INT his rookie year (on a 3-13 Colts team).  Andy Dalton's been pretty good overall in three seasons, never great, while Manning (despite issues that always seem to plague him in big games) was already showing signs of being able to put up big numbers in his third season.  I think it's a flawed comparison. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 August 2014 - 01:46 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#345 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Wright also has the RU connection going to NE. Wall, NJ native too.

#346 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

BB's taking some flak for this in the local media...people up there are joking and wondering if he's become obsessed with former Rutgers players.  It's one of those issues that people will write about and have takes on until the season gets going.  But BB will get a lot of criticism if this doesn't work out. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#347 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

lol why would BB care about getting Rutgers players?  I guess maybe his buddy Schiano would put in a good word for them since he was there till the last couple years but still.  Maybe it's become like Lou bringing back ex-Devils, a predictable meme.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 August 2014 - 03:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#348 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

BB's son also attended Rutgers, which adds to the speculation about his fascination with Rutgers guys.

#349 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

Former Pats QB Ryan Mallett traded to the Texans for a conditional 7th-rounder (becomes a 6th-rounder if he takes 40% of the Texans' snaps).

Some fans are saying that the Pats using up a 3rd-rounder to draft Mallett in 2011 was a waste, but I understand why they did it.  Mallett was projected as a first-rounder by some, and I think the Pats figured they had a potential starter who wouldn't cost much in terms of $$$ who might be able to step in if Brady ever got hurt (this obviously never happened).  They also probably hoped, if Mallett ever lit it up in preseason, a team might be willing to cough up a 2nd or even a 1st-round pick, which obviously also never happened...Mallett never really looked terribly good in most of his preseason appearances (a lot of nose-into-the-grounds on short throws), and it took all of a couple of games for Jimmy Garopollo to knock Mallett down to the #3 QB on their depth chart...as he didn't really have any further value to the Pats, they got what they could for him.  It was pretty clear that Mallett had a minimal shot to ever take over for Brady anyway, barring Brady suffering a serious injury...Garopollo has a much better chance to be the Patriot QB of the future.

At any rate, the fact that he was a 3rd-rounder draft choice with no prior NFL track record meant the Pats didn't have to pay him much to hold a clipboard, so in terms of saving money on the backup QB position, it was a win for the Pats, even if they didn't get much back for him.

#30 FOREVER!

#350 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

I knew Mallett was a goner. Garoppolo looked better the other night than Mallett ever did in three years.

#351 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

I knew Mallett was a goner. Garoppolo looked better the other night than Mallett ever did in three years.

He was a goner when Garoppolo was drafted in the second round.  I think BB was hoping Mallett would finally show something this preseason (possibly leading to a middle-round pick coming back), but Garoppolo just played far better right from the start.  He needed the reps, and that was more important than trying to up Mallett's trade value...if anything happens to Brady, it's the Garoppolo show.

#30 FOREVER!

#352 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

http://profootballta...term-extension/
Best defensive player in the NFL the last three years, Watt, is paid like it. The most guaranteed to a DE ever to! Six years, $100 million, $51 of it guaranteed!

Edited by CarterforPresident, 02 September 2014 - 02:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users