Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Titans fire their coach as well.

Paging Steve Ross... Paging Steve Ross... Where are you Mr. Ross? A decision on how to proceed would be nice...

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Double post

Edited by CarterforPresident, 04 January 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,941 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Every team that lost to the Jaguars has now fired their coach.....I find that amusing :lol:

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

Every team that lost to the Jaguars has now fired their coach.....I find that amusing :lol:

Lol that is pretty funny.

#25 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Questionable move by the Titans considering the mess the owner made with that team.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#26 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Boldin trade more painful by the week

http://www.csnbaltim...nbcs&ocid=yahoo

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#27 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

It's only one game obviously and it's at least another year before he's draft eligible, but I wonder if this game opens some eyes about Winston so far as the NFL. His first game against a good team, and he really looks bad. Manziel could out up big games against SEC teams. Hell, even Tannehill did better against SEC teams.

Edit: well so much for that theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel, 06 January 2014 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#28 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

He just won them the game man lol.

It's only one game obviously and it's at least another year before he's draft eligible, but I wonder if this game opens some eyes about Winston so far as the NFL. His first game against a good team, and he really looks bad. Manziel could out up big games against SEC teams. Hell, even Tannehill did better against SEC teams.

Edit: well so much for that theory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#29 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

NFL looking at 14 playoff teams going forward?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10260730/roger-goodell-noncommittal-future-cold-weather-super-bowls

Goodell said league owners are considering adding two additional wild-card teams to the playoff mix. "That is under serious consideration." he said. "One of the greatest things about the NFL, other than it's unscripted, is that every team starts the season with hope. On the final week of the regular season, 13 out of 16 division games had playoff implications. Now, can we make it better by trying to hone in with additional playoff teams? Can we make those [division] races even more competitive? That's compelling. It's something that the competition committee looked at last year and thinks there are some real benefits from a competitive standpoint." Goodell continued; "They're going to study some aspects of it. When would those games occur? How would the seeding be set? Would one team get a bye in each conference.. and then you'd have six games on the weekend. So would you have three on Saturday, and three on Sunday? Or do you get one on Friday and two on Saturday and two on Sunday and one on Monday? I think those are the kinds of things we want to evaluate."

..pretty wordy of an answer from RD, if it wasn't something they weren't going to do. Me thinks you may see this as early as next season. :ninja:

Edited by Beezer34, 08 January 2014 - 12:46 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

On one hand, you wonder if the NFL overdoes it sometimes.

On the other, it would be interesting to have the #1 seed be the only team that enjoys a bye week.  That REALLY gives finishing with the conference's best record a hell of a lot of value. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

Here's a look at the top 10(ish) teams with regards to cap room for the offseason. 

This is a little old...it doesn't take Jay Cutler's extension into account...but other than that it's a solid look at who has what to spend what and what they need.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#32 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

When Josh McDaniels turns you down, you really know you are a pathetic franchise. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Who did he turn down? I hope Cleveland

On one hand, you wonder if the NFL overdoes it sometimes.

On the other, it would be interesting to have the #1 seed be the only team that enjoys a bye week. That REALLY gives finishing with the conference's best record a hell of a lot of value.

The NFL exploits and chance to make a penny.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,941 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

I think playing the extra week will be a HUGE advantage....to the #2 seed.....how many times do we see these top teams lock up their spots and take their foot off the gas and get SMOKED when they have to try to ramp it up again??? NEVER works.....you make these talented teams that make the 2 spot play through and you're gonna see a LOT more two seeds go deep into the playoffs.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

On one hand, you wonder if the NFL overdoes it sometimes.

On the other, it would be interesting to have the #1 seed be the only team that enjoys a bye week. That REALLY gives finishing with the conference's best record a hell of a lot of value.

The NFL, like the NHL, lives to fix sh!t that 'aint broke. The NFL has the best playoff system in sports, but of course, that isn't good enough for Ginger Moneybags McJerkoff. The NFL is going to eventually reach the point where they finally suffocate people if they keep fvcking with sh!t. If that dumb fvck ever gives a franchise to London, I may just lose my sh!t. Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand Goodell. I hate him more than Bettman.

#36 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

The NFL, like the NHL, lives to fix sh!t that 'aint broke. The NFL has the best playoff system in sports, but of course, that isn't good enough for Ginger Moneybags McJerkoff. The NFL is going to eventually reach the point where they finally suffocate people if they keep fvcking with sh!t. If that dumb fvck ever gives a franchise to London, I may just lose my sh!t. Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand Goodell. I hate him more than Bettman.

There are a few faults. I don`t love the idea of an 8-7-1 team hosting playoff games against a 12-4 team, while a 10-6 team misses the playoffs. That sucks all around. Too many examples of divisions just being sh!tty. You don`t get 8-7-1 teams or 9-7 division winners because the division is so competitive. When you have a great division, you have a 13-3 team, a 12-4 team, a 10-6 team, and a 7-9 team. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

There are a few faults. I don`t love the idea of an 8-7-1 team hosting playoff games against a 12-4 team, while a 10-6 team misses the playoffs. That sucks all around. Too many examples of divisions just being sh!tty. You don`t get 8-7-1 teams or 9-7 division winners because the division is so competitive. When you have a great division, you have a 13-3 team, a 12-4 team, a 10-6 team, and a 7-9 team.

If they want to think of a way to have the teams strictly with the best records host playoff games, that's fine- a 7-9 team should never host a 10-6 team in a playoff game, ever. But I'm 120% against adding more teams to the playoffs. fvck. That. sh!t. The system to me is perfect with regard to the number of playoff teams. Don't water down what the playoffs mean by adding more teams. But alas- under the leadership of Captain Ginger VanDipsh!t- by 2020, we'll have 20 of 32 teams making the playoffs, franchises in London and Berlin, defensive backs will have to play with one hand tied behind their backs, and a sack will consist of ripping the flag off of the QB's waist.

#38 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

If a 10-6 team goes to GB ( San Fran) San fran needs to win the division then. So what the saints went to Philly win your fking division then. Stop playing good at home and being medicore on the road win your division then. Philly won there's fair and square against Dallas. Saints couldn't beat st Louis and Carolina. That isn't Phillies issue its the saints.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 08 January 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#39 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

If they want to think of a way to have the teams strictly with the best records host playoff games, that's fine- a 7-9 team should never host a 10-6 team in a playoff game, ever. But I'm 120% against adding more teams to the playoffs. fvck. That. sh!t. The system to me is perfect with regard to the number of playoff teams. Don't water down what the playoffs mean by adding more teams. But alas- under the leadership of Captain Ginger VanDipsh!t- by 2020, we'll have 20 of 32 teams making the playoffs, franchises in London and Berlin, defensive backs will have to play with one hand tied behind their backs, and a sack will consist of ripping the flag off of the QB's waist.

I respect that, especially coming from a Dolphins fan who has not seen many playoff games in the last decade. No one in the AFC deserved that last wild card spot. No need to add any more teams.

#40 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

I respect that, especially coming from a Dolphins fan who has not seen many playoff games in the last decade. No one in the AFC deserved that last wild card spot. No need to add any more teams.

And the team that got it, San Diego, is one win away from shocking the world and booking a flight to New England for the AFC Championship game. Not gonna lie- that sh!t hurts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users