Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#61 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Bad sign for the Lions when Wisenhunt turns down coaching Stafford, Bush and Calvin to take Jake Locker, an unsigned RB and a putrid R corps.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#62 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Not sure how I feel about Caldwell leaving.   He did great work gettting us a ring, but I have no idea how the offensive line just became such a weakness in Balt this year.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#63 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Caldwell strikes me as weak in the head coaching role. He's not the guy to get Detroit to gel.

They needed a short term disciplinarian (Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary) not necessarily those guys but somebody like them

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#64 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Caldwell strikes me as weak in the head coaching role. He's not the guy to get Detroit to gel.

They needed a short term disciplinarian (Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary) not necessarily those guys but somebody like them

Couldn't disagree more. Nolan and Singletary were awful head coaches. Both did terrible, especially Singletary who struggled with the exact same talent that Harbaugh has succeeded with.

You don't need rah-rah coaches. Just smarter football people and better coaches. Caldwell is a well respected coach. He'll be fine.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#65 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Nolan and Singletary were awful head coaches. Both did terrible, especially Singletary who struggled with the exact same talent that Harbaugh has succeeded with.

You don't need rah-rah coaches. Just smarter football people and better coaches. Caldwell is a well respected coach. He'll be fine.

Going to disagree. 

Singletary made Vernon Davis and that Defense play beyond its capabilities.   I actually agree with 7, Singletary would make the Lions accountable to the rest of the team for their lack of disicipline.   That is what they need.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#66 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Going to disagree. 

Singletary made Vernon Davis and that Defense play beyond its capabilities.   I actually agree with 7, Singletary would make the Lions accountable to the rest of the team for their lack of disicipline.   That is what they need.

Ehh, Singletary was pretty much as big a disaster as it gets.  And I was actually really rooting for him too just as a football fan.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

You could very well make the argument that Harbaugh had the benefit of Singletary's influence on the D, while Harbs fixed the offense.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#68 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

We seem to have an open invite for our OC job. Hopefully, the new guy can fire Castillo who destroyed our offensive line.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#69 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Mike Pettine to Cleveland filling the last HC vacancy. But before the hire they actually did interview Greg Schiano.

The two finalists for the Baltimore OC job are the Steelers current RB coach or Kyle Shanahan.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#70 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

And just as quickly as it started, the Mike Pettine era is over* in Cleveland

*note: Claims may not be as true as they appear.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#71 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Knowing the Browns lately, this was viable.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#72 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

The Dolphins hired a GM...reviews are not so glowing

http://walterfootbal...ts2014recap.php

Dolphins hire GM Dennis Hickey: F Grade 
Dennis Hickey was with the Buccaneers beforehand, so I'll let Charlie Campbell handle the write-up for this grade: 

Sources with the Buccaneers told WalterFootball.com that internally, many staff members expected director of player personnel Dennis Hickey to be let go after the draft. Many around the league and with the Buccaneers were surprised that Hickey wasn't fired with former general manager Mark Dominik and head coach Greg Schiano. Hickey took over running the Bucs drafts in 2006, and their poor performance in the drafts played a huge role in the Bucs' 28-52 record over the past five seasons. Sources with the Buccaneers said that Hickey's future would be up to the new general manager to decide, but many staffers didn't believe he'd survive the post-draft turnover in scouting departments. 

Some sources found it laughable that Hickey was interviewed for the Dolphins general manager position and believe that was further proof that Miami owner Stephen Ross doesn't know what he's doing. Some in the league view Hickey as a coach and general-manager killer. In the scouting community, Hickey has the reputation of making a lot of poor evaluations that have led to a plethora of busted picks for Tampa Bay. Making matters worse, Hickey has terrible people skills; some of the Buccaneers' top scouts left the team because they didn't like working with him. The Patriots, Jets and Bills just got a gift.

The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley has been "told" that "several" Dolphins players are privately expressing a desire that they "want out of this situation" following Sunday's hire of new GM Dennis Hickey.

Hickey, as noted previously, was on the outs in Tampa Bay's front office and is an obvious fallback hire after owner Stephen Ross whiffed on at least three preferred GM candidates. The situation in Miami has become toxic, with Hickey set to operate as a puppet below coach Joe Philbin, who maintains control of the 53-man roster. Ross needs to blow this thing up, but his hands are tied due to his commitment to Philbin. It's only January, and already looking as though the Dolphins are headed for another really long year. 

http://www.rotoworld...ws/nfl/football

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#73 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

The Dolphins hired a GM...reviews are not so glowing

http://walterfootbal...ts2014recap.php

Dolphins hire GM Dennis Hickey: F Grade 
Dennis Hickey was with the Buccaneers beforehand, so I'll let Charlie Campbell handle the write-up for this grade: 

Sources with the Buccaneers told WalterFootball.com that internally, many staff members expected director of player personnel Dennis Hickey to be let go after the draft. Many around the league and with the Buccaneers were surprised that Hickey wasn't fired with former general manager Mark Dominik and head coach Greg Schiano. Hickey took over running the Bucs drafts in 2006, and their poor performance in the drafts played a huge role in the Bucs' 28-52 record over the past five seasons. Sources with the Buccaneers said that Hickey's future would be up to the new general manager to decide, but many staffers didn't believe he'd survive the post-draft turnover in scouting departments. 

Some sources found it laughable that Hickey was interviewed for the Dolphins general manager position and believe that was further proof that Miami owner Stephen Ross doesn't know what he's doing. Some in the league view Hickey as a coach and general-manager killer. In the scouting community, Hickey has the reputation of making a lot of poor evaluations that have led to a plethora of busted picks for Tampa Bay. Making matters worse, Hickey has terrible people skills; some of the Buccaneers' top scouts left the team because they didn't like working with him. The Patriots, Jets and Bills just got a gift.

The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley has been "told" that "several" Dolphins players are privately expressing a desire that they "want out of this situation" following Sunday's hire of new GM Dennis Hickey.

Hickey, as noted previously, was on the outs in Tampa Bay's front office and is an obvious fallback hire after owner Stephen Ross whiffed on at least three preferred GM candidates. The situation in Miami has become toxic, with Hickey set to operate as a puppet below coach Joe Philbin, who maintains control of the 53-man roster. Ross needs to blow this thing up, but his hands are tied due to his commitment to Philbin. It's only January, and already looking as though the Dolphins are headed for another really long year. 

http://www.rotoworld...ws/nfl/football

I guess we'll see, but obviously does not look good for the time being. 

The bad talent evaluation/drafting is something that I might be willing to take with a grain of salt.  Successful drafting takes a lot of luck, and the guys that turned out to be the biggests busts for Tampa, Gaines Adams and Josh Freeman, were not reaches at the time.  (Who knows how long Bill Polian would have lasted with the Colts had he not had the good fortune to have Peyton Manning waited there for him).

The dysfunctionality is the bigger concern. 

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#74 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

Ravens with Kubiak as OC. Good for them Kubiak is a great offensive coordinator.

#75 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Ravens with Kubiak as OC. Good for them Kubiak is a great offensive coordinator.

He has a good track record as OC, so I am alright with this signing.   As long as we draft bigger lineman and get Boldin Back.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#76 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

San fran is already in talks yo resign boldin..

He has a good track record as OC, so I am alright with this signing. As long as we draft bigger lineman and get Boldin Back.

#77 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

San fran is already in talks yo resign boldin..

Nuts!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#78 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

San Fran only needs a center and a young wr. Signing bold in will help get a young dude in that spot and wondering whether crabtree calls for huge money next year.

Nuts!

#79 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

Not buying into the hype of Crabtreee.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#80 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Not buying into the hype of Crabtreee.

Yeah, I don't quite get it either. He's a nice player, and he fits in pretty well with what SF does on offense, but he's definitely a tier 2 kind of guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users