Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#141 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Revis to the Pats. fvck all our lives... Except CR lol.

It'll happen. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't really want it to happen, but it would be hilarious if he ended up back with the Jets, just for the humor value of Francesa actually having to say that the Jets played the whole situation perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#142 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,326 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I think the Jets brass probably burned that bridge

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#143 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

If all the Bucs want is a 3rd or a 4th, how do you not pull the trigger? I hope Hickey is on the phone to his buddies in Tampa, but I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking the Fins would actually get him. I could see the Pats easily coughing up a mid-rounder for him.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#144 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

If all the Bucs want is a 3rd or a 4th, how do you not pull the trigger? I hope Hickey is on the phone to his buddies in Tampa, but I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking the Fins would actually get him. I could see the Pats easily coughing up a mid-rounder for him.

Honestly, I would trade a second for him, assuming it won't blow things up capwise. He's clearly better than anyone that's available in the draft in the first place.

His contract is favorable in that his guaranteed money is only year to year. We're in a fortunate situation in that our QB won't be getting big money for at least two years.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#145 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Honestly, I would trade a second for him, assuming it won't blow things up capwise. He's clearly better than anyone that's available in the draft in the first place.

His contract is favorable in that his guaranteed money is only year to year. We're in a fortunate situation in that our QB won't be getting big money for at least two years.

Yeah I'd do a 2 as well, just to make sure the deal got done. It'd be worth it, even with the contract. In a division with arguably the best QB in the game, having Revis and Grimes as your starting corners is as good as it gets. And with posts like this, I continue to set myself up for disappointment when Revis inevitably goes to the Pats for a 4.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#146 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,874 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Revis to the Pats. fvck all our lives... Except CR lol.

It'll happen. Hope I'm wrong.

At least until Revis holds out after this year and they have to trade/cut his a$$ too  :P

I think the Jets brass probably burned that bridge

We could theoretically trade for him back lol (how hilarious would THAT be?)...but yeah I don't think he'd sign here as a FA.  The only glimmer of a hope is his regard for Rex but who's kidding who, he's all about straight cash, homes.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 March 2014 - 09:38 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#147 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,326 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I would hope he goes somewhere in the NFC (other than NYG) so I can still cheer for him. I hear NE is close to signing Talib so maybe that will close the door on Revis. Denver is supposedly hot on Revis as the "final piece" so I can see that working out as well. Miami might be in the mix and he wouldn't really have to uproot  himself all that much either.

another thing I don't want to see tomorrow is Vick on the Jets. I wouldn't be heartbroken, but go out and get Schaub.

Edited by '7', 10 March 2014 - 10:16 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#148 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

And HERE WE GO!

Dolphins get Brandon Albert and Earl Mitchell

Malcolm Jenkins is an Eagle for 3/16.25/8.5

Broncos get TJ Ward (aav 5.5 MM)

Browns get Donte (W)Hitner and Karlos Dansby

49ers Trade a 6th for Blaine Gabbert (???)

Geoff Schwartz and Rashad Jennings will be Giants

Colts resign Vontae Davis

Kevin Ogletree signs with Lions for 1 year

Ravens lock up Monroe for 5/37.5/19

More to come...

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#149 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Gabbert is low risk high reward and a backup. Nothing was lost and Beathea is goods for them.

#150 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

McFadden back with Oakland for one year. Reinsurance since Jennings is gone.

T.j ward to Denver.

Whitner with ClE. Dam

Lamar Houston with Chicago

Veldheer a cardinal.

Watch Hester and Peppers out of Chicago to.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 11 March 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#151 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Allen rumours to Denver are crazy right now.

Tony g was released

Edited by CarterforPresident, 11 March 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#152 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

Sproles to be traded.

Miles Austin released

Peppers released

Browns offer sheet to Bengals Watkins. Cle isn't messing around this year.

#153 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Talib to Denver.

Byrd to saints.

#154 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,926 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Johnathan Martin traded to the 49ers....I can't see THAT going well with that lunatic coach out there.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#155 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,874 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Talib to Denver.

Byrd to saints.

And almost surely Revis to NE now :argh:

Johnathan Martin traded to the 49ers....I can't see THAT going well with that lunatic coach out there.....

Except it's the same lunatic coach he had in college.  That's really one of the two spots he could have wound up in with any chance of sticking, along with Indy.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#156 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,326 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

And almost surely Revis to NE now :argh:

Except it's the same lunatic coach he had in college.  That's really one of the two spots he could have wound up in with any chance of sticking, along with Indy.

yes. Unless we grab him. It's either us or NE at this point I feel

The Jets have all this cap room and have sat around and done diddly squat today. If Alderson is Captain Passive, Idzik is Exulted Dictator for Life Passive. A lot of guys we could've had for our secondary are gone

Jets need to do something tomorrow

Edited by '7', 11 March 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#157 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:00 AM

I can't see Revis even considering a trip back to NY. I think he goes to NE just for vengeance
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#158 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

Love the deal for Monroe. Maybe Ozzie is making atonement for last years botched job.

WTF is with the Cowboys?? I love Jerry Jones! Come to Baltimore Mr. Ware.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#159 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,937 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

Not mad about losing Talib at all...too injury-prone and too much of a frontrunner.  I would've been a lot more ticked if the Pats matched what he got from Denver. 

I have a funny feeling Revis goes back to the Jets...have nothing to base it on though. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#160 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,874 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Like 7 said, the Jets better do 'some'thing with their secondary, which wasn't all that great to begin with last year.  I really hope they're not fooled by the last two games of the season thinking they're fine with Dee Milliner as the #1 now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users