Photo

NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#161 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Love the deal for Monroe. Maybe Ozzie is making atonement for last years botched job.

WTF is with the Cowboys?? I love Jerry Jones! Come to Baltimore Mr. Ware.

Cowboys are in cap hell. That's why they cut Ware. They look to be better off next year...overthecap has them at roughly 34 million under on next year's deals, but that doesnt include Bryant's new deal, any other fa's that would need to be extended, and the fact that Doug Free can be cut next offseason for 7 million in cap space.

I fully expect Jerruh to look for a new RT and a backup QB in the draft to replace expensive veterans with cheap rookies.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#162 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Cowboys are in cap hell. That's why they cut Ware. They look to be better off next year...overthecap has them at roughly 34 million under on next year's deals, but that doesnt include Bryant's new deal, any other fa's that would need to be extended, and the fact that Doug Free can be cut next offseason for 7 million in cap space.

I fully expect Jerruh to look for a new RT and a backup QB in the draft to replace expensive veterans with cheap rookies.

That is Jerry Jones doing that they are over the cap.   Cutting your best player isn't exactly the brightest of moves and it will probably come back to haunt them.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#163 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Dekoda Watson to Jacksonville

Pierre Thomas to the saints

Braman to the eagles

#164 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Jared Allen threatens to retire if he doesn't get fair market value:

@RapSheet

Jared Allen wants his fair value after averaging 13 sacks. I’m told he’d be at peace living his life without football if he doesn’t get it.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#165 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Broncos sign DeMarcus Ware for 3/30/20, that defense looks real scary now.

Also in other news, Steve Smith's agent says he's never playing for the Panthers again, and hinted he'd be looking for a role as a slot receiver.

#166 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Josh McCown is a Buccaneer for 2 years.

#167 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Dallas paid ware less.

#168 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

And it's done.  Get it done Hickey.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 59s

The Bucs have released Darrelle Revis. Let the bidding begin. I still like New England to get this done

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#169 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Golden Tate to the Lions on a 5 year deal.

#170 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

They wanted a threat along side Calvin.

Seattle released Clemons. Making room for Allen??

Theirs five teams interested in revised,he'll take a paycug no matter what, other wise he'd been traded.

#171 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

And it's done.  Get it done Hickey.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 59s

The Bucs have released Darrelle Revis. Let the bidding begin. I still like New England to get this done

I think NE might actually be in a "have to" position now with Revis, though BB is arrogant enough to think he can probably stick anyone in the backfield and make it work.  Any good corners available in the draft?   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#172 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Yeah CR there's a few. Gilbert sticks out the most, bet Detroit swoops him fast though.

#173 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

Yeah CR there's a few. Gilbert sticks out the most, bet Detroit swoops him fast though.

That might be the Pats' best option (drafting one or two CBs).  Revis is still a big name, but his best years might already be behind him. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#174 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

He'll be gone by then. Bunch of teams are going cb. Here's the corner list,http://walterfootbal...draft2014CB.php

#175 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

That might be the Pats' best option (drafting one or two CBs).  Revis is still a big name, but his best years might already be behind him. 

Darqueez Dennard from Mich. St. is also supposed to be pretty good. 

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#176 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Broncos sign DeMarcus Ware for 3/30/20, that defense looks real scary now.

Also in other news, Steve Smith's agent says he's never playing for the Panthers again, and hinted he'd be looking for a role as a slot receiver.

:rofl: that defense won't even scare in a Madden game..... Ware is the biggest fraud in the NFL who's NEVER stepped up or had ONE big moment in his entire career....people give Romo crap about "not being clutch" while 94 goes into stealth mode before halftime in EVERY big spot he's had as a Cowboy....now they have a Peyton Manning on BOTH sides of the football.....

Nice signing for Tampa in McNown....a real coach and now a credible QB....shame that division is hell on Earth, Bucs will be solid next year

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#177 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Schefter just tweeted Revis to NE, one year $12 mil. Knew it.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#178 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

@AdamSchefter: CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#179 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

@AdamSchefter: CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

:(

Well, I guess this means that Revis just really wanted to play for the Pats, and really wasn't interested in other offers.  I can't imagine that there wasn't another team out there that was willing to offer him significantly more. 

Posted Image

#180 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

A one year deal lol...this cements my hatred for him forever

I would have even understood if he went there on some big money deal...but doing a one-year deal just smacks of him wanting to stick it to us.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users