#1 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

http://www.nj.com/de...t_deadline.html

“I’m not going to ask for a trade if everything stays the same. I’ll fight to the end. I like it here too much,” Jagr told The Star-Ledger. “I would hate to go to some team just to help them. I’d feel like a rented guy.

“They’d use me the way they want to, not because they need me. They’d already be happy with their team. I don’t think I’d play the same way. I need my 18-19 minutes. I need to play a lot in the third period when the game is on the line and guys are getting tired. I hope I stay. Everything can change, but I’ve had fun. I like the system we play. Even though it’s a more defensive system, I don’t mind it at all.”

n2eg.jpg

#2 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Good, because we're going to the playoffs.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#3 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Key to this is 'if things stay the same' - so if the Devils go into the toilet, I think he would request a trade.  Still weird that Jaromir Jagr plays for the Devils, but I'm damn glad to have him

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#4 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

i'm also plenty glad to have him and assume - at this point, that he'd be great to have here again next year. but oh would i love to not rely on him to be the #1 offensive option on this team.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
Shameless Business Plug - Shop at Capitol Lighting and
1-800lighting.com - Use code NJDEVS10 for 10% OFF

#5 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

we are a playoff team, this should not even be a discussion.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#6 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

this is nice to hear
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#7 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Does he have a NTC?

#8 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Did he formally ask for a trade from Dallas or was it just kinda felt that the whole thing was uncomfortable and the Stars cleaned house anyway?

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#9 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

Man, the Devils have had their fair share of high level players end their careers in NJ, but it would really be something else to see Jagr finish as a Devil. 

#10 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

Man, the Devils have had their fair share of high level players end their careers in NJ, but it would really be something else to see Jagr finish as a Devil.

i dont think i would want to see this..i dont think hes going to walk away easily and by the time that day comes my god im sure he will be clapped out .."ill play until i cant walk anymore"...not here i hope.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#11 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hope he's here next year :) Would have LOVED to have gotten him when he left the Caps but better late than never! One of my all -time favorite players.

Edited by jim777, 31 December 2013 - 01:27 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#12 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

I am happy he is a Devil. It does appear he is having fun here except when we blow games.

Edited by LucifersDog, 31 December 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#13 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Key to this is 'if things stay the same' - so if the Devils go into the toilet, I think he would request a trade.  Still weird that Jaromir Jagr plays for the Devils, but I'm damn glad to have him

Makes sense, if he were to change his mind if the Devils fall apart.  I think the Devils are what they are though...an NHL .500 team.  Since getting to 9-8-5, they haven't been over NHL .500 since.  And clearly not being able to score in shootouts is hurting them...if they had gone 3-3 in shootout instead of 0-6, they'd be 18-15-5, which is a bit easier on the eyes.  I don't see them tanking, but I don't see the Devils going on an extended hot streak either...not unless Schneider gets hot for a while.  Marty isn't consistent enough at this point in his career to ask that of him. 

If Jagr keeps producing, I wonder what kind of trade value he'd have to a team that really thinks Jagr could get them over the hump?  A 2nd-rounder?  Maybe a 3rd-rounder and a low-rounder? 

At any rate, it remains scary to think where the Devils would be without him.  They've needed every bit of his production. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 31 December 2013 - 06:53 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#14 mfitz804

mfitz804

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

If things go in the toilet, the Devs may be asking him to accept a trade (if he has a NTC). The question would indeed be, what could they get back for him?

But, we are still in the hunt and he is a huge part of that. I'd rather give him the season, pass or fail, and see what happens.

#15 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

http://www.nj.com/de...t_deadline.html

“I’m not going to ask for a trade if everything stays the same. I’ll fight to the end. I like it here too much,” Jagr told The Star-Ledger. “I would hate to go to some team just to help them. I’d feel like a rented guy.

“They’d use me the way they want to, not because they need me. They’d already be happy with their team. I don’t think I’d play the same way. I need my 18-19 minutes. I need to play a lot in the third period when the game is on the line and guys are getting tired. I hope I stay. Everything can change, but I’ve had fun. I like the system we play. Even though it’s a more defensive system, I don’t mind it at all.”

I think Jagr gets re-signed if things stay status quo.  That's my bet.

#16 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

I am happy he is a Devil. It does appear he is having fun here except when we blow games.

I was totally against his signing because I thought it was a step backward, but he is having fun and playing really good hockey.  Not too keen on his lazy line changes where he just glides back while the other team is cycling in our end, but other than that I am glad he is here.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#17 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

we are a playoff team, this should not even be a discussion.

No we most certainly are not a playoff team.

Only way I'd move Jagr is if 

1. He wants a shot at another Cup and we are out of it (as we will be).

2. The return is substantial, ie a conditional 1st or a 2nd and decent prospect or young player at forward (moving him for a couple 3rd rd picks or marginal prospects is not worth it)

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#18 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

we're a playoff team, just need to start playing like one. can't be tanking games to teams we should beat *cough*Ducks*cough*Penguins

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#19 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

The Ducks and Pens are not in any way teams we 'should' beat, both are way ahead of us in points.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#20 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

we're a playoff team, just need to start playing like one. can't be tanking games to teams we should beat *cough*Ducks*cough*Penguins

LOL.  Please just stop.  We are NOT a playoff team.  

We haven't played like one either so far this year except for a seven or eight game stretch.  Only way we sneak in at the 8th spot is if the craptastic division we play in continues to flounder and it becomes a race to the bottom.

We are not an awful team, but we are nowhere near to being anything more than a mediocre team.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users