107 replies to this topic

#101 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

I'm really glad that we've got two lines now that are coming together. I hope Elias isn't injured too badly, but it looks like we'll be working with Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr and Clowe-Henrique-Ryder as our top six for the next few weeks. Then add something like Elias-Loktionov-Brunner to that when the team gets healthy (even if those big injuries don't clear up until after the Olympics), and hopefully our offense will start looking much better. 

What I'd like with a healthy team:

Zubrus-Zajac-Jagr

Clowe-Elias-Brunner

Henrique-Loktionov-Ryder

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

#102 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

Sat in the fire lounge today for the first time; it was awesome. Went with my girlfriend, dad and little brother. What a game.
Her favorite player is Henrique; and as he was off to the side during practice and saw my girlfriend taking a photo of him. He struck a pose, smiled, and then joked about it with Fayne and Elias. He spent the rest of practice ripping shots at the glass right in front of her, laughing and messing wth her, and gave her a high five on the way out. It's awesome when players interact with fans like that.

Did he get her number? Without the fans the players have nothing.

#103 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I took a tour of the arena before the game. Got a chance to walk down and through the Platinum Lounge -- pretty sweet place. Chico was hanging out there having a pregame snack. :D Wish I had an extra $25,000 a year to spend. I'd consider getting a seat. :boogie:  Then while walking around the suites, Lou walked right past me. I gave him a nod of the head. :wink2: Also got to see the media row way up top. It's amazing how far away from the ice those guys sit. Add to everything a great Devils win, and it was a fun day at the Rock. :beerbang:

Edited by 95Crash, 01 January 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#104 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

I Like how clowe is playing since he is back.. i think his game bring some energy and size.. He is a better hockey player then clarkson in my book

#105 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

I Like how clowe is playing since he is back.. i think his game bring some energy and size.. He is a better hockey player then clarkson in my book

yeah but clarkie is a much better teammate look at 24/7 when he defended reimers waterbottle that takes courage and shows real class

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#106 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Didn't really see it mentioned, but holy hell, Fayne played an awesome game, and Salvador looked awful. There were two instances where I was almost positive that Salvador was paid off by the Penguins to tank the game for us; the errors were that bone-headed and defied logic... I will say, he looked good against the Islanders though.

Edited by DJ Eco, 02 January 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#107 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

yeah but clarkie is a much better teammate look at 24/7 when he defended reimers waterbottle that takes courage and shows real class

DON'T TOUCH THE fvckIN WATERBOTTLE, IT'S OUR WATERBOTTLE

Gotta love them intangibles 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#108 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

im starting to dig clowes play as well hes playing physical ... looks like a tard on skates though doesnt seem like hes so great on his feet.. hopefully he can net up a few goals now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users