Patty 'day-to-day'

MadDog2020

They waived Tedenby which largely solved the problem.  So sure, Gelinas to Albany was paper - care to list any other paper moves?  Maybe Volchenkov wasn't really hurt enough for IR, but that was one game to keep Sislo on the roster.

I suspect there will be a real move soon anyway.  'Cartoonishly disorganized' isn't how I would put it. 

Patty going to IR for 2 days so they can bring back the guy they just send down is pretty much the definition of that.    And it makes no sense.   Just activate Larsson in that case if he's near playing, which supposedly he is.  You don't have to play someone to activate them.   Thankfully they're nowhere near the cap, so the league doesn't care about this stuff, but they've been parking guys all season

Patty going to IR for 2 days so they can bring back the guy they just send down is pretty much the definition of that.    And it makes no sense.   Just activate Larsson in that case if he's near playing, which supposedly he is.  You don't have to play someone to activate them.   Thankfully they're nowhere near the cap, so the league doesn't care about this stuff, but they've been parking guys all season

Who says Elias is going to IR for two days?  Guess you're in good with NJ's doctors.  Either way, that's what IR is for - to allow a team to carry additional players because others are hurt.  When Elias comes back, they'll probably ditch Sislo or Janssen or even Boucher.

They actually are near the cap with all the IR they've been using this year.

Edited by Triumph

Who says Elias is going to IR for two days?  Guess you're in good with NJ's doctors.  Either way, that's what IR is for.  When Elias comes back, they'll probably ditch Sislo or Janssen or even Boucher.

They actually are near the cap with all the IR they've been using this year.

You can't go over the cap by using IR, though.   They're just spending all of their allowance.   Once they get to 23 they start saving allowance again.

As for Patty, if he wasn't close, they would have put him on IR to activate Volch.

Edited by maxpower

You can't go over the cap by using IR, though.   They're just spending all of their allowance.   Once they get to 23 they start saving allowance again.

As for Patty, if he wasn't close, they would have put him on IR to activate Volch.

You can go over the cap using LTIR which NJ would have to do if they had 2 more injuries to high salary players.     

NJ wishcasts with injuries all the time.

They waived Tedenby which largely solved the problem.  So sure, Gelinas to Albany was paper - care to list any other paper moves?

I'm only guessing but I'm almost positive Larsson still being "IR" is one. I think he could've played for us as early as New Year's Eve.

But yeah, I can't really prove that.

Except DeBoer actually admitted Elias's injury 'wasn't minor'.  Day-to-day very quietly becomes week-to-week with this team.

They are so cartoonishly disorganized right now.   I know you just can't "get rid of players", but they really need to do it.    It's a parade of paper moves.   Send one guy down to activate one guy, put another guy on IR so you can bring that guy back, a fourth player will suffer a mysterious charlie horse on Wednesday so the 3rd guy can come back, etc.

I wouldn't call it disorganized...but they definitely jump the shark with some of these moves and holding guys out indefinitely.

@TGfireandice: DeBoer said again Elias' injury is "more than minor." Not available tonight "and from there we just cross our fingers." No timeline.Just fvcking great...

I think we all knew this sh!t was coming... but out of all people why to patty! it couldnt have been bernier or loktionov or someone else thats useless