91 replies to this topic

#61 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Schneider really wasn't snubbed, quick and miller were safely ahead of him. Howard is a head scratcher I kind of think they chose him over bishop simply because they wanted a red wing to announce at the winter classic.

And Greene as a snub is a bit of a stretch. He definitely should be in the conversation and is better than orpik but IMO he's about the 7th or 8th best US dman going now, so not really a "snub".

#62 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

The Ryan snub is just atrocious, it shows no rationality other than Burke's blatant dislike for him. Also Yandle and Byfuglien being left off for Orpik and Faulk is pretty bad, the style they play could have been useful in the larger rink.

I wasn't expecting much out of USA this year though, historically we haven't done well on the international rink.
25smul5.png

#63 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

i love it! both will be rest for the playoffs race

Canadian bastard

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#64 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

believe it or not im not rooting for Canada... i dont care about olympic gold i care about Stanley cup that it... 

#65 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Yandle is great but turns over the puck a lot. To much. Toned it down this year but he has his inconsistency but I love him

Edited by CarterforPresident, 02 January 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#66 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

This was good... But im so hoping subban doesnt make team canada. Now THATS gonna be an outcry of epic proportion lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#67 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

This was good... But im so hoping subban doesnt make team canada. Now THATS gonna be an outcry of epic proportion lol

...don't you want Canada to win? Shouldn't the Norris trophy winner ya know be on the team even if you hate Montreal? 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#68 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

I hope so too, Canada putting together a lesser team would be beneficial.

The Habs have outscored their opposition 125–85 at 5v5 with Subban on the ice since 2011. They’ve been outscored 167–201 with him on the bench.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#69 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

...don't you want Canada to win? Shouldn't the Norris trophy winner ya know be on the team even if you hate Montreal? 

well he's certainly not a lock and Yzerman is hesitant putting him on the team, nothing to do with my mtl hate. Even some Habs fans are admitting he shouldnt be more than a 7th-8th dman on the team. He's still making so many mistakes and he won the norris playing half a season when everything went well for them, in a full season he was not getting it.

Again thing is im watching the games and most of the people here are watching stats sheets. The game against us is a perfect example, horrible turnover that gave us the 3-2 lead late in the game. Then he slewfoot Elias and they get the tying goal while he's on the ice. On paper he was even after those plays, 2 sh!tty plays.

plus earlier this season Therrien was benching him late in games and was not putting him when they were protecting a one goal lead late. Why would you put a guy like that on an olympic roster ahead of guys who are way better defensively and safer. 

Weber, Doughty, Letang, Keith, Pietrangelo, Boyle, Seabrook are all ahead of him on my list and they can all put up points too and are better defensively.

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 January 2014 - 09:21 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#70 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

well he's certainly not a lock and Yzerman is hesitant putting him on the team, nothing to do with my mtl hate. 

I don't think Yzerman has confirmed that any player is on the team. Obviously that's because no-one is asking about them but everyone is asking about Subban. 

Again thing is im watching the games and most of the people here are watching stats sheets.

Pretty douchy comment, no?

#71 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

I don't think Yzerman has confirmed that any player is on the team. Obviously that's because no-one is asking about them but everyone is asking about Subban. 

Pretty douchy comment, no?

why would that be douchy? It's like anyone not watching the Kings play at all for example saying that Kopitar is not "that good" by numbers or wtv but they don't watch and see all the little things he does that help and are not showing on stat sheets, it goes both ways. 

And thats why Elias is so underrated and that we know, cause we watch him.

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 January 2014 - 09:49 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#72 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

I can't imagine Subban not being on the team.

#73 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

why would that be douchy? It's like anyone not watching the Kings play at all for example saying that Kopitar is not "that good" by numbers or wtv but they don't watch and see all the little things he does that help and are not showing on stat sheets, it goes both ways. 

And thats why Elias is so underrated and that we know, cause we watch him.

If the 'douchy' comment went over your head then I guess there's no need to further discuss that. If you don't get that then it says everything. 

Both Kopitar and Elias have terrific possession/territorial stats, so I don't know what you're trying to prove there. Those are players the stats community have known are great for years. If anything they are underappreciated by people who "watch the games", because their eyes don't tell them everything. Stats aren't a substitute for eyes, they add to what the eyes see.

#74 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Subban is a top 5 defensmen in the world right now. They'd be crazy not to take him and the hate against him (not necessarily on this board but other areas of the internets) really makes me wonder about the reasons behind it...

#75 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Subban is a top 5 defensmen in the world right now. They'd be crazy not to take him and the hate against him (not necessarily on this board but other areas of the internets) really makes me wonder about the reasons behind it...

Green was top dman in terms of pts and all in 2010 yet he didnt crack the lineup and proved why in the playoffs later that year. Nothing wrong with wanting great 2 way players on your team. PK is not, not yet anyway. Might be a distraction for players too and i heard thats something Yzerman was worried about.

www.SterioDesign.com

#76 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Green was top dman in terms of pts and all in 2010 yet he didnt crack the lineup and proved why in the playoffs later that year. Nothing wrong with wanting great 2 way players on your team. PK is not, not yet anyway. Might be a distraction for players too and i heard thats something Yzerman was worried about.

Subban is a much better defenseman than Mike Green.  He's a better defenseman than probably anyone who makes Team Canada.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#77 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

I'm not even talking about points, although he is top 5 among d in scoring. He is a much better all around defenseman than mike green can ever hope to be.

#78 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Subban is a much better defenseman than Mike Green.  He's a better defenseman than probably anyone who makes Team Canada.

of course he's better than Mike Green, he can certainly put up numbers and has a canon and can carry the puck and hit. But i dont agree with the 2nd part. Why was Therrien refusing to put him late in game to protect a leads this year ? It's to the point that many of my Habs fans buddies are saying themselves that he's making wayyyyyyyy too many costly mistakes defensively. 

Edited by SterioDesign, 03 January 2014 - 01:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#79 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

of course he's better than Mike Green. But i dont agree with the 2nd part. Why was Therrien refusing to put him late in game to protect a leads this year ? It's to the point that many of my Habs fans buddies are saying themselves that he's making wayyyyyyyy too many costly mistakes defensively. 

So you have guys you can trust in that situation. You might be overthinking it with him. Subban doesn't need to be the guy put on the ice late in a game to shutdown an opponent.

But if Canada is down late in the game, he's exactly the player you want to push the pace and make something happen. There is no one close to him out there in that regard. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#80 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

of course he's better than Mike Green, he can certainly put up numbers and has a canon and can carry the puck and hit. But i dont agree with the 2nd part. Why was Therrien refusing to put him late in game to protect a leads this year ? It's to the point that many of my Habs fans buddies are saying themselves that he's making wayyyyyyyy too many costly mistakes defensively. 

Because Therrien is an idiot.  He and Bergevin have turned a pretty good team into a mediocre one in one offseason.  Yeah, Subban will make the occasional mistake, but he will also have the occasional great play.  

Edited by Triumph, 03 January 2014 - 01:49 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users