161 replies to this topic

#121 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

fvcking DeBoer just quits down two w 1:28 left? Doesn't even pull Marty.

#122 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

This team better come out tomorrow with guns a blazing tomorrow night against the sabres. if the sabres beat us i will really freak out cuz this game should have been 2 pts or even worse a 1 pt game not a 0 point game.

#123 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Tough loss here. Almost lost by 1.....

On the bright side:
Fourth line looked like their old selves
Fayne with a couple monster defensive plays
People are gonna abuse Gelly (he did have a couple mistakes) but he did make SEVERAL hard hits and I noticed some strong D play

I honestly thought we fought real hard tonight. A couple of tough breaks on some fluky goals but we made this a game-a HUGE upgrade from last week

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#124 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Thats another thing i dont get how in the world does the islanders beat this team in OT last time and the Devils come out like a great team then crap the bed and not even at a single point this is getting frustrating quickly. I cant wait to hear what deboer and the rest of the team says in the post game show

We faced the hotter goalie for one.  Crawford was just coming back from injury.  The Isles also have the front end talent to take advantage of the Blackhawks shaky defense.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#125 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

There's nothing whatsoever ridiculous about what i said. You're twisting words around to make them fit to your liking.

gionta had a great game and you twisted it to make it some sort of negative that he did. That's the issue I had, along with the fact that you seemed to give up after the 4th hawks goal. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that's how your post came across, so I apologize if I was mistaken.

Tough loss, glad they didn't quit. Their record on the first of back to backs vs the 2nd is so strange it's hard to figure. Glad we have a game tomorrow to put the loss behind us.

#126 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

The Hawks were awful for an eternity until they finally struck gold with the players you mentioned. Get real. There wasn't a magical two year rebuild.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well i never said they didnt suck forever but what he said was still technically wrong lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#127 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Honestly, i think deboer would have pulled marty if that horrible pass didnt happen to spring sharp for that god awful poke check by marty. He could have even just pulled him with 2 mins left when they were in chicagos zone and getting momentum after the commercial break. just unreal. 

#128 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

You're a joke.

4 goals on 7 shots. Stoppable wrister from Hossa he whiffs on. Goes for a 1970's Gerry Cheevers diving poke check (because those work so often nowadays) ducks his head and doesn't get across fast enough as Sharp scores on an embarrassing shot from almost behind the goal line

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#129 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

On the bright side:
People are gonna abuse Gelly (he did have a couple mistakes) but he did make SEVERAL hard hits and I noticed some strong D play

I honestly thought we fought real hard tonight. A couple of tough breaks on some fluky goals but we made this a game-a HUGE upgrade from last week

Gionta had a great game imo.  It was also nice to see our d-men score all 3 goals.  With not much firepower up front, our defense must pitch in some offense.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Yeah Dano, I would've used a shadow on Sharp too. The kind that leaves Sharp picking up his fukcing teeth and wondering what city he's in. You don't let one player fvck with you like that.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#131 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

We faced the hotter goalie for one.  Crawford was just coming back from injury.  The Isles also have the front end talent to take advantage of the Blackhawks shaky defense.

Ya that is true. i just dont get how the devils keep themselves in the game and just crap the bed in the 3rd period. Just frustrating

#132 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

4 goals on 7 shots. Stoppable wrister from Hossa he whiffs on. Goes for a 1970's Gerry Cheevers diving poke check (because those work so often nowadays) ducks his head and doesn't get across fast enough as Sharp scores on an embarrassing shot from almost behind the goal line

I don't disagree he had a rough 3rd period.  I'm simply calling you out for the unnecessary names you keep calling him for every bad game he has.  It's like the only time you post is when he has a bad game.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#133 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Ya that is true. i just dont get how the devils keep themselves in the game and just crap the bed in the 3rd period. Just frustrating

Yea it just goes to show you have to play a true 60 minute game against Chicago.  Even just a tiny let up, they strike.  I'm not too disappointed with the effort tonight.  We just lost to a better team.  We need the same effort against Buffalo tomorrow night.  They've been giving a lot teams problems recently.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#134 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

On the bright side:

Agree with everything here. hate to not get a point but 3:00 into this gane I was scared we werent in the same league again, and then things started to click. just somewhat happy that we put up a great game and went toe to toe.

#135 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

This was an entertaining game which out me actually shaking and making me feel there was some hope and that had to happen. First time i had that feeling all year even with the ducks and capitals game with those comeback wins

#136 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

gionta had a great game and you twisted it to make it some sort of negative that he did. That's the issue I had, along with the fact that you seemed to give up after the 4th hawks goal. Forgive me if I'm wrong but that's how your post came across, so I apologize if I was mistaken.

Tough loss, glad they didn't quit. Their record on the first of back to backs vs the 2nd is so strange it's hard to figure. Glad we have a game tomorrow to put the loss behind us

Yes, he had a great game and it was a positive that he contributed. However, when he is your best player you're not winning many games because he isn't your best player. He's a 4th liner. He's a supporting player and quite frankly, a guy who has one or two of these types of games out of every 15-20 and it brainwashes Pete into thinking he's capable of this play on a consistent level. 

#137 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yea it just goes to show you have to play a true 60 minute game against Chicago.  Even just a tiny let up, they strike.  I'm not too disappointed with the effort tonight.  We just lost to a better team.  We need the same effort against Buffalo tomorrow night.  They've been giving a lot teams problems recently.

Ya thats so true. It was like the devils got to overconfident going into the 3rd that they forgot to keep the pedal to the metal. I just hope the devils come out on fire tomorrow and dont let another 2 pts walk away. Buffalo is a up and down team but can give you fits if you dont pounce on them earlier.

#138 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I liked the effort tonight. Greene-Fayne and Salvador-Merrill with tough matchups and no OZ starts. I can't really complain about them. Rough night for Gelinas though. Not going to get upset over a loss to a team like the Blackhawks. Wish they could've gotten a point though. Thought Sislo had a nice debut.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#139 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Could be worst. Rangers lost too and the 2 pts went in another conference so, lets just win tomorrow and hope the flyers lose in regulation and its like today never existed.

www.SterioDesign.com

#140 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Well i never said they didnt suck forever but what he said was still technically wrong lol

from 1996 to 2008 the hawks made the playoffs once (outed in the first round winning one game), and never finished higher than 3rd in their division in any other of the seasons. Their two best players are 3rd and 1st overall picks in back to back years. If that's not tanking I don't know what is.

I'm not saying they intentionally lost games, but I for one would not accept a decade of failure like they did. I give them credit for rebooking and winning it all again last year, but again this was all after ten years of failing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users