66 replies to this topic

#21 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Bergfors, Tedenby, Josefson, Urbom .. maybe it's time Lou and Conte got off the Swede bandwagon and started drafting (at least first round picks) from NA regularly.

Larsson is the only surviving exception right now.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 03 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#22 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

FWIW, Tedenby was ranked one spot higher than Erik Karlsson by the Central Scouting Bureau in the 2008 draft.

At the time, getting Teddy 24th in the draft was supposed to be a steal. 

#23 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

So sad.  Teddy was one of the players that was supposed to be part of the next generation, so to speak.  He excited most of the fanbase a few years ago.

Oh well....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#24 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

And he'll score against us tomorrow. You know this.

That would be awesome and I want Marty in goal.

#25 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

That would be awesome and I want Marty in goal.

There's something seriously wrong with you. lol

Put food on my family

#26 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

There're so, so many things seriously wrong with you. lol

FTFY 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#27 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

A guy who is as small as Tedenby has fewer potential paths to NHL success. In general they need to put up points. There are exceptions with guys like Sergei Brylin, but the question there is I don't know that Tedenby has it in him to work as hard game in and game out the way Brylin did.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#28 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Oh well. Josefson is likely next.

This likely cements Stephen Gionta's future with the team for the next thousand years based on our drafting/development issues combined with our terrific head coach.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

I don't think Tedenby is a better player than Gionta, which speaks to just how bad Mattias Tedenby is.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

This likely cements Stephen Gionta's future with the team for the next thousand years based on our drafting/development issues combined with our terrific head coach.

you seem to think tedenby is better than gionta. Yeah I'm sure tedenby would perform much better centering the 4th line and playing the pk than gionta ever has.

One has nothing to do with the other.

#31 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I remember watching him play at the the rookie camp scrimmage in 2009.. I said "this kid is the next Parise".. He literally tore it up, looking faster and more skilled than most of the other guys there.. Guess I should have realized that he was not playing the best talent
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

Too bad for Tedenby, I'm always bummed when one of our 1st's don't pan out.  I was hoping we had drafted Carlson at that draft, but only because it's my mothers maiden name and he was from Jersey.  Looking at that draft board, there weren't any guys we missed on towards that part of the draft, except for Carlson and maybe Ennis.

We don't have a good run on 1sts after Parise and Zajac: Bergfors, Corrente, Tedenby, Josefson, though I'm still holding out hope that Josefson develops into a useful NHLplayer.

#33 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

It is about time, I am still waiting for Janssen to bust his hand up on someones head. Keep him as a mascot if the players like him so much.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#34 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

There's something seriously wrong with you. lol

Why do you say that?  I think Tedenby has been abused by DeBoer. If given a chance he could have made it. He had the skills defined by Truimph and he needed to improve his NHL smarts amnd that doesn't happen sitting in the stands or playing every 6 game. DeBoer destroyed a potential player again. Fire DeBoer if you have the balls Lou

Edited by LucifersDog, 03 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#35 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

I was so excited with Teddy when he first made an appearance on the NHL roster. It sucks he hasn't panned out and it will suck more if YaYo does nothing too.

815631765.gif

#36 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Thank you PDB for destroying our future corps. Sorry, but PDB is the one of the worst coaches to have ever coached the Devils. I am not sold on this coach, he does not know how to develop players. Based on his assessment of our future, Larsson is also a bust along with Josefson.

They put JJ between Janssen and Sestito and give hime 10 mins a night and expect him to put up points like Gretzky. Its just downright unreasonable.

#37 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Gio's outplayed Tedenby. I'm hoping he rides the pine for Lokti when the team is healthy, but Tedenby has nothing to do with that. If anything, it helps Ryan Carter, who is better than Gio AND Tedenby.

Edited by mouse, 03 January 2014 - 05:18 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#38 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Why do you say that? I think Tedenby has been abused by DeBoer. If given a chance he could have made it. He had the skills defined by Truimph and he needed to improve his NHL smarts amnd that doesn't happen sitting in the stands or playing every 6 game. DeBoer destroyed a potential player again. Fire DeBoer if you have the balls Lou

You're a dumbass.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#39 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Sad to see Teddy on waivers but he had enough shots to make the team or be an asset to the team. He could maybe excel with teams that are faster and more offensive minded but i dont even think anyone will pick him up. He will prolly go back home and play in Sweden.

#40 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I don't think Tedenby is a better player than Gionta, which speaks to just how bad Mattias Tedenby is.

Yup.  That was pretty much my point.  Kind of flew over the heads of pretty much everyone else in here.

Gionta is still atrocious, but he at least understands attention to detail and assignments on what needs to be done.  I mean he is pretty limited talent-wise and fails on a lot of his matchups which is on the coach, but he tries.  I have to give him that.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users