66 replies to this topic

#41 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Dammit, had so much hope for him after the Lemaire 10-11 season. Instead he'll end up with our Barry Tallackson's and Petr Vrana's of the world 

#42 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

This is no loss if he is claimed. Fast skater who never, ever finishes.

#43 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

About time this happened. Seems like a great guy but just doesn't have NHL quality imo. Hopefully he can help Albany in the 2nd half. Wonder if he heads back to Europe after the season? He could probably carve out a nice career there.

I know Lou mentioned that DeBoer feels that Josefson hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities like Boucher and this is true but to be fair, Boucher has played with better linemates.

Boucher's 5 most common linemates: Ryder (75:54), Henrique (53:23), Loktionov (35:56), Bernier (32:49), Jagr (31:43).

Josefson's 5 most common linemates: Janssen (44:36), Ryder (30:50), Carter (25:48), Tedenby (22:53), Bernier (21:26).

I'm still not ready to give up on Josefson. I think he can become a solid defensive forward.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#44 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'd have been thrilled if Tedenby turned into what Mats Zuccarello has become. 

#45 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

You're a dumbass.

Thank you for your opinion.

#46 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

I thought that as well, but I saw somewhere that he was put on, and cleared waivers a week before the Devils traded for him.  It was noted somewhere in the TG comments when the Devils traded for him, FWIW.

Triumph is right, they slid him in 09-10

#47 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:38 AM

I'd have been thrilled if Tedenby turned into what Mats Zuccarello has become. 

for all we know, he still could. Not saying it's likely, but they seem like similar players.

I don't like what I've seen from him through the last three seasons, but I just can't explain how he looked so good in '10-11. Maybe my memory is only recounting the good aspects to his game during that season, though. Could he have just lost it all? It's really too bad he hasn't been able to do anything in the NHL since then. But I don't know...part of me still sees something, and I really wish he'd find a way to succeed here.

#48 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

for all we know, he still could. Not saying it's likely, but they seem like similar players.

I don't like what I've seen from him through the last three seasons, but I just can't explain how he looked so good in '10-11. Maybe my memory is only recounting the good aspects to his game during that season, though. Could he have just lost it all? It's really too bad he hasn't been able to do anything in the NHL since then. But I don't know...part of me still sees something, and I really wish he'd find a way to succeed here.

They were in full blown "throw sh!t against the wall" mode at that point.   So he got some decent ice-time and played fairly well.   He was actually only a -2 while Johnny Mac was coaching, which I mean, on *that* team, that's incredibly productive since guys were in the -20's by the team Lemaire was brought back.   I like him, but even I'd admit he's offense only and he's not going to earn the type of ice time here where he's going to be able to produce anything.

His NHL path is probably "guy who plays on awful team but can be entertaining".   There's not too many of those paths with parity

#49 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

About time this happened. Seems like a great guy but just doesn't have NHL quality imo. Hopefully he can help Albany in the 2nd half. Wonder if he heads back to Europe after the season? He could probably carve out a nice career there.

I know Lou mentioned that DeBoer feels that Josefson hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities like Boucher and this is true but to be fair, Boucher has played with better linemates.

Boucher's 5 most common linemates: Ryder (75:54), Henrique (53:23), Loktionov (35:56), Bernier (32:49), Jagr (31:43).

Josefson's 5 most common linemates: Janssen (44:36), Ryder (30:50), Carter (25:48), Tedenby (22:53), Bernier (21:26).

I'm still not ready to give up on Josefson. I think he can become a solid defensive forward.

Agreed. Positively infuriating that they call up Sislo and scratch Janssen for him. Josefson-Lokti-Boucher is a line that can do something. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#50 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

Agreed. Positively infuriating that they call up Sislo and scratch Janssen for him. Josefson-Lokti-Boucher is a line that can do something. 

They shouldn't be moving Boucher off his natural wing to throw Josefson into the lineup.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#51 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

They shouldn't be moving Boucher off his natural wing to throw Josefson into the lineup.

'twas a mistake, I meant the other way around.

#52 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

Sislo actually played a pretty good game and that line was our most effective one last night. Boucher was flying out there but, like virtually all players that wear this uniform, they can't finish.
Posted Image

#53 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Sislo actually played a pretty good game and that line was our most effective one last night. Boucher was flying out there but, like virtually all players that wear this uniform, they can't finish.

He looks to have decent release when being setup for a shot.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#54 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

40 minutes until he clears.. Unless someone's already claimed him

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#55 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

i hope someone scoops him up hes useless
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#56 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Tedenby is probably going to back to Sweden this offseason.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#57 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

If he clears non-roster waivers, does he become a free agent (I read this somewhere) or go back to the AHL? How does this all work? :huh:

Tedenby is probably going to back to Sweden this offseason.

He's going going back back to Sweden Sweden....

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#58 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Cleared waiver

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#59 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Ouch. That can't be a confidence builder

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#60 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

If he clears non-roster waivers, does he become a free agent (I read this somewhere) or go back to the AHL? How does this all work? :huh:

He goes to Albany. He wasn't on unconditional waivers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users