Photo

Gelinas to be sent to AHL when Volchenkov returns.

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

I really don't know what there is for him to learn down there.   He is what he is, he'll dominate there offensively and play meh D against worse players as opposed to dodgy D against better players.

This is something that should be worked on at this level, but they have too many freaking players and it forces moves.

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Kind of figured this would happen. Not really surprised.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

I really don't know what there is for him to learn down there. He is what he is, he'll dominate there offensively and play meh D against worse players as opposed to dodgy D against better players.

This is something that should be worked on at this level, but they have too many freaking players and it forces moves.

100% agree.

We seem to keep taking players out of their learning curve right at the crucial point where they can actually learn something.

Very frustrating.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#24 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Finally, Salvador, Volchenkov, and Janssen in the lineup together.

Looks like we're scoring 5 tonight.

#25 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

are they trying to protect his trade value, do not get.

too many wtf decisions and not enough winning.

someone else referred to rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

edit: debo destroyed another rookie.

Edited by lazer, 04 January 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello on Gelinas: "We feel it’s the best thing for him right now. It could be short-term. It just depends upon on how he handles it.” @TGFireandice: Lamoriello stressed what's happened with Gelinas is "a normal process" with young defensemen. @TGfireandice: Lamoriello: "We’re trying to pro-act rather than see (his play) slip too much and (then) get him right back.”

Sounds like this could just be a short-term thing for confidence.

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

@TGfireandice: DeBoer said Merrill has been "more consistent" than Gelinas, but they'r'e different types of defensemen.

#28 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

@TGfireandice: Lamoriello on Gelinas: "We feel it’s the best thing for him right now. It could be short-term. It just depends upon on how he handles it.” @TGFireandice: Lamoriello stressed what's happened with Gelinas is "a normal process" with young defensemen. @TGfireandice: Lamoriello: "We’re trying to pro-act rather than see (his play) slip too much and (then) get him right back.” Sounds like this could just be a short-term thing for confidence.

i dont think they will just leave him down there... especially for very long, he brings too much to the table with his offense
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

TGfireandice: Lamoriello said Gelinas has been "pressing" the past few games and needs to go back to Albany and find his game.

#30 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Confidence? Something tells me Gelinas is not lacking confidence. If he could speak freely, I believe he would say he is better than most of the D on the team.

I can't see anyway a trade isn't imminent, any chance Larsson and Fayne get dealt in a package(maybe Kincaid) for a middle six forward? Ladd? Somehow Kane? Moulson?

#31 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

I don't think Lou ever wanted to send Gelinas down when he was healthy, but there really isn't a good option right now. Gelinas has been awful in his own end, and there hasn't been much offense from him either lately.

I saw some people commenting on TG's tweets saying it should be Merrill going down, but that's ridiculous. Merrill doesnt bring the offense Gelinas does, but he has been a lot better the last 8-9 games.

Everyone is excited about the potential for Gelinas, but the Gelinas of the last few weeks is not the one you want to see in the lineup.

I wish he got an opportunity on the first PP unit instead of Greene the last few weeks, but oh well.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#32 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

TGfireandice: Lamoriello said Gelinas has been "pressing" the past few games and needs to go back to Albany and find his game.

sounds like Lou is pressing to make room for all his half-assed vets.  Cut bait dude -- just cut bate on the old farts.

My ENTIRE MO has been to support old farts and all that they have to offer.  Well seeing things from the same clear sideline - these vets blow.  Whatever <_<  It just looks a heck of a lot like mealy mouthed coaching giving old fvckers who kind of never could play top line hockey every freaking chance to ruin the dammteama&*(#%^&*)$%Y^@$%&*) -- that's just where I'm at now....  it's not easy to find my rose-coloreds  :rant:

I'm here for the party

#33 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

I don't mind Gelinas being sent down on a short stint to gain some confidence back. Having that option is a bit of a luxury.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#34 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Move is good for gelly. He needs to find his game again and get confidence back. As for devils it just makes the D slower but hopefully volch will bring his game tonight

Everytime he starts playing a little poorly or the league adapts to him he will be sent back to the minors? Makes no sense.

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Everytime he starts playing a little poorly or the league adapts to him he will be sent back to the minors? Makes no sense.

The idea is he will get more comfortable, gain consistency and confidence, and come back a better player.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

I'm not too worried. Unsure if it was better to send him down over Merrill, but I think the difference between them isn't huge, so it's not that big a deal. Will be pissed if he's not back in a reasonable amount of time to get another chance though.

#37 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

100% agree.

We seem to keep taking players out of their learning curve right at the crucial point where they can actually learn something.

Very frustrating.

Yes, thank you for posting this. I fully agree.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#38 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Lou needs to find a taker for Salvador or Volchenkov.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#39 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

theyre not going to trade away the team captain use your head
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#40 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Like i said i dont mind that move too much as long its short term but the roster management from Lou and Deboer has been horrible in the last few years. Obviously not as if everything they do is bad but theres moves they did that were clearly not the right thing to do.

Either messing up a players confidence, mishandling roster putting the team in trouble (have to play a game a man down, losing players through waivers for nothing, guys knowing a guy is getting traded once another one is coming off injury cause they are over limit, Burning a year a matteau's contract for nothing. Slapping the C on one of our worst player making him unbenchable Etc etc)

Of course every teams have to deal with these situation but seeing young players sitting who are cleaaaarrrrllllyyyy playing better than other vets getting away with murder is a regular thing in NJ now.

I simply feel bad for so many guys, fayne and larsson especially. It may not be a big deal but i really felt bad when deboer benched larsson when it was his one and only chance to play against Lidstrom and played a sh!tty vet instead, larsson wasnt playing that bad either at that time.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users