83 replies to this topic

#61 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

The problem with wildcard games is that the playoffs are a battle of attrition. SF is going to a little beat up for next week. But they rolled the players very intelligently. I can't see the Panthers putting up much of a fight.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#62 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Kapernick was one room service interception drop away from being the goat of the game.

#63 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

San Fran Carolina rematch. But now with Davis and crabtree this time a round.

Lacy is good but kap has more rushing yards then he did haha.

Kap sucks at qb crasher. Ur stupid. You've shown that.

A possible san Fran Seattle championship game would be a super bowl within it self lol. A SD Indy championship lol SD has the edge, they've beaten both already. But Denver is up in the air still he needs the mindset that Bree's had the other night.

#64 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Seattle vs 49ers to me would be the Super Bowl. Defense and Running games, that is NFL football and these are the two best teams by far in my book.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#65 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

San Fran vs SD REMATCH:)

Seattle vs 49ers to me would be the Super Bowl. Defense and Running games, that is NFL football and these are the two best teams by far in my book.

#66 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

Kapernick is Tim Tebow with the ability to throw deep and a shred more accuracy (but still not NFL QB level of throwing accuracy)....his delivery is awkward and terrible looking.....he's been lucky enough to have a world of talent around him where he doesn't have to win games on his own....just watch next week when Carolina beats his ass again, I watched the guy all year....I know from which I've seen, his whole mobility edge will be negated because just about every QB left (well 5 of the 8, and I expect all 3 stay at home QBs to lose next week) has the same ability with their legs....time will prove me right about Kapernick, I'm not worried about it....these guys get exposed enough over the years.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#67 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Lol crasher stfu. If he's over rated then so is newton and Wilson these teams are the same all around and caorlina ain't beating no ASS on a Seattle or San Fran. Newtons immaturity will make him crack under the light lmao. Go sleep in our delusional hole like u did with the double digit win with the eagles LMAO ur a joke.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 06 January 2014 - 08:21 AM.

#68 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

Name me the run-first QB who's won a Super Bowl....

and go!!!

I'll wait.....I have time :)

I guess I should expect more personal insults, because that's what people do when they can't back their arguments with facts, right?

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#69 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

Four potentially terrific games coming up.  Not one of them is even close to being a foregone conclusion. 

Took a miraculous comeback by the Colts to avoid a road team sweep.  Home field really means damned near zilch now. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#70 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

Four potentially terrific games coming up.  Not one of them is even close to being a foregone conclusion. 

Took a miraculous comeback by the Colts to avoid a road team sweep.  Home field really means damned near zilch now. 

In the first round since they went to the 4-division format it rarely does....back in the 3-division split that "hot wild card team" always got a home game and it factored into the results....I miss the 3 divisions, gave better rivalries, and actually made team schedules more diverse, now they might as well wipe out divisions and have each team play the other 15 in the conference every season

there is a reason the Super Bowl has been won by Wild Card teams three years in a row......

#71 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

Just like your bull sh!tted double digit win for Philly and it was a loss yet u DNt say sh!t after that u eat ur own words. Dude stfum seriously. U shown u dnt know sh!t about qb analysis and all. Just stop after a while u become a laugh riot ur so stupid. U kinda sound like a sea hacks fan lmao

And you've proven that again. Wilson,Newton, Kapernick are THROW first then run qbs dumbass. Learn before you talk. Steve young won the super bowl and is the same type wb as these three. They throw first them shred your defense if the opportunity arises like in Green Bay. When it comes to these three dudes. Dont talk cause your obviously blinded.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 06 January 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#72 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

In the first round since they went to the 4-division format it rarely does....back in the 3-division split that "hot wild card team" always got a home game and it factored into the results....I miss the 3 divisions, gave better rivalries, and actually made team schedules more diverse, now they might as well wipe out divisions and have each team play the other 15 in the conference every season

there is a reason the Super Bowl has been won by Wild Card teams three years in a row......

That and parity, lack of truly dominant teams...the #1 and #2 seeds now aren't as hard to beat as the #1 and #2 seeds in the "oldern days".  Everyone is just so damned vulnerable on D now...one thing that really hit me this weekend is that it's so damned hard to contain offenses for 4 quarters.  For so many current Ds, it feels like after about 2.5-3 quarters, you've not only used up all of your looks, but you're gassed as well. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

Name me the run-first QB who's won a Super Bowl....

and go!!!

I'll wait.....I have time :)

I guess I should expect more personal insults, because that's what people do when they can't back their arguments with facts, right?

How many real run first QB's were there period before Vick? And a lot of these guys just came in the league two years ago, give it time.

Besides how do you define a 'run first' QB anyway? Luck and Wilson run for around 500 yards a year and they never get tagged with that label.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 January 2014 - 10:38 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#74 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Don't forget, Newton, kap, alex smith as well and. Run first? Rg3 he can't throw but can run. All these guys have good arms. There hybrids. A threat in the air and onv the ground. New agrt quarterback.

How many real run first QB's were there period before Vick? And a lot of these guys just came in the league two years ago, give it time.

Besides how do you define a 'run first' QB anyway? Luck and Wilson run for around 500 yards a year and they never get tagged with that label.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 06 January 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#75 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

Lol crasher stfu. If he's over rated then so is newton and Wilson these teams are the same all around and caorlina ain't beating no ASS on a Seattle or San Fran. Newtons immaturity will make him crack under the light lmao. Go sleep in our delusional hole like u did with the double digit win with the eagles LMAO ur a joke.

English please. Can we have civilized debates and discussions here, thank you.

Please expand on Newton's immaturity level,

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#76 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Please expand on Newton's immaturity level,

Simply put...he's manned up this year and become an NFL Quaterback in my eyes....that game winning drive against the Saints was confirmation of the fact....

#77 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Simply put...he's manned up this year and become an NFL Quaterback in my eyes....that game winning drive against the Saints was confirmation of the fact....

That was a ridiculous drive, but there was the Patriots game winning drive, the Dolphins game winning drive, and a really nice drive against the 49ers to kill a ton of clock and burn all their timeouts. 

He had a few good drives late in the first two years (but either Rivera wouldn't go for it on 4th and short, or the defense gave it back immediately). This year that stuff only happened twice, and it was in the same game against Buffalo.

Edited by devilsrule33, 06 January 2014 - 12:24 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#78 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

The drive means more to me since it pretty much had the NFC South and bye week on the line....big moment, big pressure, big time results and a throw only an elite QB makes to win it

#79 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Newton has had flash backs back to his former self. We'll see if he holds to it during the big game.

#80 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

Sorry for the flash outs a all, been having a lot of stress as of late.

Civilized. Kap is a trusted qb to everyone else crash. Same with Newton it's just he has moments of regression as map has had this year as well. But there very talented dual threats. In his three games versus GB Kap is what, over 900,yds passing, 300,rushing, 8 TDs and 2 rd rushing TDs on him. For three games that's a monster stat. They aren't run first. Any of them. Ones likes Wilson and Kap had more baseba scholarships then football. They are threat in the air and in the ground. Newton out played Brady, he scrambled on third downs and long three times and without that they lose. They run when given the chance, and there careful unlike Griffin. New age qbs are dual threats on the ground and the air. Carolina will be huge for both.

And Im pretty sure Dalton's hair color has nothing to do with his performance. That's not really a good remark to make towards him whether he sucks or not.

And with Wilson he's the same obviously accept possibly a better leader. Without him Seattle isn't even in these playoffs. It'll be interesting if their DC takes a HC job. That defense is flawed as of late. They can be bested more so then SF and Carolina.

Sorry again and if any typos sorry, writing pages on a smartphone with auto correct screw's around with you lol.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 07 January 2014 - 01:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users