121 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

guys, seriously!? losing to the worst team in the league?! we should be pounding them into the ice!

Devils aren't anything special themselves.  Competitive most nights, but not really dominant, no matter how "weak" the opponent is.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

It's just strange how we play down to lesser teams but can come out and be consistently competitive against the penguins, bruins, even the hawks last night.

That being said I expect Pete to wake the guys up here and we'll see a different team in the 3rd.

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,507 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Devils aren't anything special themselves.  Competitive most nights, but not really dominant, no matter how "weak" the opponent is.

Yeah we keep both teams in the game pretty frequently.  Of course with Cory in net this is going to be a 1-0 or 2-0 shutout loss.  Of course we'll go back to scoring multiple goals for Marty on Tuesday, and probably lose 4-3.  Disgusting.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

It's just strange how we play down to lesser teams but can come out and be consistently competitive against the penguins, bruins, even the hawks last night.

That being said I expect Pete to wake the guys up here and we'll see a different team in the 3rd.

Classic symptoms of a .500ish team.  They tease, but can't find consistency.

Really hope this team pulls this one out for Schneider. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Sabres haven't done anything ES. Devils need to stay out of the box

#26 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Quality of competition really doesn't matter with the system they play. If the Devs don't score on their 2-3 golden chances, or don't produce on the PP, they lose the game.

#27 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

We need this w. Here's hoping for a great 3rd.

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,566 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yeah we keep both teams in the game pretty frequently.  Of course with Cory in net this is going to be a 1-0 or 2-0 shutout loss.  Of course we'll go back to scoring multiple goals for Marty on Tuesday, and probably lose 4-3.  Disgusting.

Maddening for sure.  Cory hasn't been consistent himself, but I feel for him.

#30 FOREVER!

#29 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

We just cannot score for Schneider

It is ridiculous really at this point of the season

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#30 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

boring
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#31 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Let's face it, the Devils are what they are. A .500 team in every sense of the word. They have games where they are going to make you think positive then the next game promptly look like a lottery team. 

CS has to really think he's cursed right now. This is just terrible.  But look at the Rangers with Talbot compared to the Queen too. I mean how do you explain it?

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,424 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

We haven't scored a regulation goal against the worst team in the league in almost 6 periods. I don't even know what to say...

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Just saying, what have the Devils done since Salvador came back?

Results don't lie. This team is better without him in the lineup.

I want:

Greene - Larsson
Fayne - Zidlicky
Gelinas - Merril

I'm not paying attention to LD or RD here, I just want these players in there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

kick his ass Clowe. little blindside hit there. was it legal? yeah maybe, but still shouldn't have gone unanswered.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#35 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Have to pull this one out.....its Buffalo, c'mon

every team around us is winning right now, the rags, Florida, Ottawa, Washington, Detroit, Columbus

#36 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

that should be a good goal + powerplay!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

No goal?!?! WTF

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#38 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

that should be a goal 

#39 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

That should be a goal, come on. Sabre in front didn't have possession

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#40 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

WOW THANKS REFS, CALL A PENALTY AGAINST THE SABRES TO SAVE THEM A GOAL.

Edit: I'M STILL MAD AT THEM BUT JUSTICE WAS SERVED.

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 04 January 2014 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users