13 replies to this topic

#1 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

Here are the details for anyone that didn't get the e-mail.

Over the course of the next month leading up to the 

2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ New York, you will receive a number of communications via email pertaining to game logistics. 

One of the most consistent pieces of feedback we have heard from you pertaining to this special game, is the desire for us to set up charter buses to take you to and from Yankee Stadium. With the additional costs of tolls, gas and parking we understand your need to set up an alternate means of transportation. We are happy to announce that charter bus service will be available, allowing you to have a safe and enjoyable time. In addition to the Devils themed buses, face painters and other items will be available prior to the buses leaving Prudential Center so that when we arrive as a large group, we are ready to take over Yankee Stadium with our Devils pride!

Bus Information:
You may reserve spots on a coach bus, departing Prudential Center at 10 a.m., for $40 each, by clicking here and using code BUS. The deadline to reserve spots is Tuesday, January 7. 
Your bus ride will include a guaranteed seat and pre and post-game snack. 
You may bring your own drinks for the bus ride, however once you arrive on the morning of January 26, we will have dedicated "family busses" if you would prefer to ride on a bus where alcohol will not be permitted. 
The Devils Den will be open prior to bus departure so you can purchase your 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ New York gear to keep warm. 
Parking will be available in and around Prudential Center on the morning of the game. However, if you would like a guaranteed spot in the Ford VIP Garage, good from the time the bus picks up until it drops you back off after the game, you may use the same link above and secure a spot for only $5 per car. Spots are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. If interested, you must add parking to your Ticketmaster “cart” separately from your bus transaction, before checking out. 
Make sure you print out your bus tickets and/or parking tickets, immediately upon completion of your order. 
Buses will leave Yankee Stadium immediately following the game and we will communicate a pick-up point as the game approaches. 
We are so excited that this big event against our biggest rival is quickly approaching. At this time the game is sold out to the general public, but if you are in need of any additional tickets for friends or family, please reach out to your Fan Experience Representative immediately while limited seats still remain. 

Thanks,
Your Fan Experience Team

#2 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

pretty cool..but I could see that turning into a big head ache as thousands of people try to take a handful of buses back and forth
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#3 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Only even worth considering if you are going alone

I have 5 in my party; $200 for bus transportation?!?  No thanks...

I'll pay $13 for the bridge, and the $35 to park in a lot = $48

Saved $152 and can arrive and leave on my own terms...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

My party of 3 (meeting the 4th guy somewhere in NYC) was thinking about driving to Newark and taking the Path to the Subway.. Can anyone with more experience going to Yankee Stadium let me know if this might be a cheaper/better option than driving, or any other tips about taking the train.. Was kinda hoping to run into some Ranger fans on the Subway for a good ribbing ala taking NJ Transit to the rock when we play those guys

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Bingo.  If you are going by yourself the bus option makes sense.  If you have 2 or more people in your group, it's far cheaper driving in yourselves.

#6 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

My party of 3 (meeting the 4th guy somewhere in NYC) was thinking about driving to Newark and taking the Path to the Subway.. Can anyone with more experience going to Yankee Stadium let me know if this might be a cheaper/better option than driving, or any other tips about taking the train.. Was kinda hoping to run into some Ranger fans on the Subway for a good ribbing ala taking NJ Transit to the rock when we play those guys

Definitely cheaper and much better. PATH to 33rd Street will take you right to Herald Square subway, where I think you can catch the B or the D up to Yankee Stadium.

If you want to crap on Rangers fans though, my guess is you'll see more of them taking an NJ Transit train directly into the city rather than the Newark/PATH connection. I'd guess that PATH/Hudson County area's a way more Devils demographic, while Bergen and Passaic Counties might be more of an even split. They'll probably drive up to the Secaucus Junction and get on there (which may be an option for you too).

Edited by DJ Eco, 06 January 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#7 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Definitely cheaper and much better. PATH to 33rd Street will take you right to Herald Square subway, where I think you can catch the B or the D up to Yankee Stadium.

If you want to crap on Rangers fans though, my guess is you'll see more of them taking an NJ Transit train directly into the city rather than the Newark/PATH connection. I'd guess that PATH/Hudson County area's a way more Devils demographic, while Bergen and Passaic Counties might be more of an even split. They'll probably drive up to the Secaucus Junction and get on there (which may be an option for you too).

Awesome thanks for the info and options!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#8 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Rumor going around that parking will be $50, which it was for the Pinstripe Bowl, FYI...

#9 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Rumor going around that parking will be $50, which it was for the Pinstripe Bowl, FYI...

I am going to 3 people and we are driving in so still cheaper.

But damn that is a lot for parking.

#10 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

That bus sounds like a nightmare. I can imagine it taking a very, VERY long time to get the bus filled, etc.

Parking will be what it will be, plenty of trains to take if you want to avoid the cost. 

#11 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'm going to get to the city at 6am and go to the Football Factory to start drinking and watch Italian soccer. Anyone that wants to join feel free! A cheap way to park and get into the city is to go to the parking deck next to Red Bull Arena in Harrison. It's $11 for all day parking. You can there take the PATH into the city for $2.50 then take the subject. After you add it all up it's cheaper than driving and much much much cheaper than the Devils bus which is ridiculously overpriced.

#12 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I am going to 3 people and we are driving in so still cheaper.

But damn that is a lot for parking.

A normal Yankee game vs. Texas on a Tuesday in May costs $35.  So I'm not surprised they'd jack it up for this game, or any special event being held there. 

I've done the Path to 33rd, then D up to Yankee Stadium countless times.  It is the best and cheapest way.  Probably the way I will go, although dealing with Rags fans on the Path/subway is going to suck. 

If you take mass transit, take the D rather than the B because the D is an express train that gets to the Stadium in approximately 35-45 minutes from 33rd.   

Posted Image

#13 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

A normal Yankee game vs. Texas on a Tuesday in May costs $35.  So I'm not surprised they'd jack it up for this game, or any special event being held there. 

I've done the Path to 33rd, then D up to Yankee Stadium countless times.  It is the best and cheapest way.  Probably the way I will go, although dealing with Rags fans on the Path/subway is going to suck. 

If you take mass transit, take the D rather than the B because the D is an express train that gets to the Stadium in approximately 35-45 minutes from 33rd.   

Yeah I mean I have been to Yankee Stadium and I park in one of the external lots for $25.  It's an extra block so it's not a big deal.  I expect them to jack it up to the $40-50 range too like the "official" lots.

I have also done the PATH and subway method too.  I would like to take this method instead but it really depends on the people I am going with so I can do either or.

#14 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'm going to get to the city at 6am and go to the Football Factory to start drinking and watch Italian soccer. Anyone that wants to join feel free! A cheap way to park and get into the city is to go to the parking deck next to Red Bull Arena in Harrison. It's $11 for all day parking. You can there take the PATH into the city for $2.50 then take the subject. After you add it all up it's cheaper than driving and much much much cheaper than the Devils bus which is ridiculously overpriced.

Wow, that's a brilliant idea, I'm probably going to see you there. Soccer bars are a) open and showing sports at 7/8AM on Sunday mornings, and b) a perfectly acceptable place to start drinking at that hour without being in a room full of degenerates, like my local bar, and it's c) right near the B and D trains!! You thought of everything.

See you there! By the way, who's your team? Mine's Napoli.

Edited by DJ Eco, 07 January 2014 - 01:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users