862 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Those jerseys are a fvcking joke. Seriously, fvck Nike. They ruined football jerseys first, so why not hockey jerseys now? They look like fvcking t-shirts.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Those jerseys are a fvcking joke. Seriously, fvck Nike. They ruined football jerseys first, so why not hockey jerseys now? They look like fvcking t-shirts.

I think some real laces would make a massive difference. Those fake reflective strips look SO BAD. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#23 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Yeah I don't envy yzerman or hockey canada they're damned if they do and damned if they don't in just about every player... Yes their b squad is a gold medal favorite. The only guy I think they made a mistake on was Nash, IMO St. Louis was a better option.

And I kind of like the Swiss and Sweden jerseys (you can't even call them sweaters lol) but other than that they're pretty bad.

Edited by dmann422, 07 January 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#24 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Czech's home jerseys are best of the bunch imo

#25 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I like the Swiss jerseys

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#26 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

the sweden jersey is the only "okay" jersey, the rest is all ugly

www.SterioDesign.com

#27 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Czech's home jerseys are best of the bunch imo

I can't tell which are Home and which are away... They both have the same color scheme. How is any team with white jerseys going to play them? Is there another jersey not shown that is dominantly red?

Edited by dmann422, 07 January 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#28 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yeah I don't envy yzerman or hockey canada they're damned if they do and damned if they don't in just about every player... Yes their b squad is a gold medal favorite. The only guy I think they made a mistake on was Nash, IMO St. Louis was a better option.

And I kind of like the Swiss and Sweden jerseys (you can't even call them sweaters lol) but other than that they're pretty bad.

We may not like the Rangers but Nash can be a pretty useful player, in 2010 Nash was more in a power forward role and i expect the same this year. He's big, fast, can score, he's strong, can pass, forecheck, hit, has good hands and can score in SO. You need that kind of player

www.SterioDesign.com

#29 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

We may not like the Rangers but Nash can be a pretty useful player, in 2010 Nash was more in a power forward role and i expect the same this year. He's big, fast, can score, he's strong, can pass, forecheck, hit, has good hands and can score in SO. You need that kind of player

if you want a power forward IMO Thornton or lucic are much better at that role. And Nash on this team might be the 8th or 9th option in the shootout.

I agree though that he was probably a compromise in they wanted a big body who's more than just a power forward, but IMO he's not the best option, ranger hate aside.

#30 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

I thought the US jerseys were bad, but Nike has managed to F up the entire Olympic field outside of Sweden.  Just horrible.  Way to go Nike!

Posted Image

#31 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Marty St. Louis / Tyler Seguin / Claude Giroux / Eric Staal / Jordan Stall / Taylor Hall / Marc Staal / Brent Seabrook / Joe Thornton not making the team is quite debatable to say the least for Team Canada.

Why do I have a feeling that a sleeper team will take it?

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

I will say that I'm shocked Giroux didn't make it. Thought he was a lock. Eric Staal too.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#33 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

The Swiss have some nice looking jerseys

n2eg.jpg

#34 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I'd argue that this leftovers team could give a decent run to the US squad lol. (hey sh!t talking is part of the fun)

Hall - Giroux - St.Louis
Couture - Thornton - Ladd
Skinner - E.Staal - Neal
Lucic - Seguin - Iginla
Richards - J.Staal - Little

Seabrook - Staal

Letang - Boyle

Alzner - Phaneuf

Methot - Hamonic

Crawford

Fleury

Bernier

It's not sh!t-talking, it's the TRUTH.

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,015 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'd argue that this leftovers team could give a decent run to the US squad lol. (hey sh!t talking is part of the fun)

Hall - Giroux - St.Louis
Couture - Thornton - Ladd
Skinner - E.Staal - Neal
Lucic - Seguin - Iginla
Richards - J.Staal - Little

Seabrook - Staal

Letang - Boyle

Alzner - Phaneuf

Methot - Hamonic

Crawford

Fleury

Bernier

There is always that joke that Canada could send a "B" team and have a chance at silver or what not, but this time it is really true. That team above is loaded and on a day with better goaltending, maybe win Gold. Canada has an embarrassment of riches right now in the league. The depth has never been this good. No Rob Zamuner, Shane Corson, or Kris Draper likes on the actual team or "B" team.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#36 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Of those jerseys posted on the previous page, Sweden, Latvia, and maybe Switzerland are the only teams wearing something that actually resembles a hockey jersey.  I can't wait until the day Nike is no longer making the uniforms, they have absolutely ruined international hockey jerseys for the past eight years.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#37 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

The Nike jerseys this year are an absolute embarassment, in 2010 they were actually pretty nice but I agree 2006's were mediocre, these are just flat out hideous though.
25smul5.png

#38 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Sweden's management had to fight back pretty hard to not get huge changes done to the jersey. Nike wanted to go some place totally different with it. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#39 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

I wonder how St. Louis really feels about Yzerman leaving him off the Canadian squad. His own GM ... damn.

#40 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Sweden's management had to fight back pretty hard to not get huge changes done to the jersey. Nike wanted to go some place totally different with it. 

I can't imagine what Nike would've wanted to change with it. Sweden's jersey is iconic, as is Canada's, more than any other countries'. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That should hold true in graphic design, fashion, whatever. Nike's ridiculous, some of these will be dated by 2015...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users