All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

That was more or less referring to Kane hitting the post on the shot. And I agree that Ryan, Greene, Okposo should have been their, but even with Ryan, I feel we'd have the same result.

Just to make sure this is established - cursed implies it was out of their hands. Team USA totally dug their own grave with poor roster decisions and awful execution. They deserve this result unfortunately

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by CarterforPresident

Orpik was a bender out there.  He almost cost us the game against Russia when he got smoked at the blue line, and Canada's goal yesterday happened because Orpik lost his man, in addition to Callahan leaving Bouwmeester wide open which gave him plenty of time to look up and see the lane to Benn.  And leaving Ryan off, as we feared, was a big mistake.  With the top six guys not producing, we could have really used him rather than the third and fourth line grinders.

I have zero problem with Callahan on the roster. He left it all out there.

You could put my sorry ass on that team, and I promise you I'd give it my all. Doesn't mean I'm qualified nor skilled enough to be there.

There were better options than Callahan.

yeah.....blowing leads,doing great in shootout's.....yeah.....work their asses off.

haha as if not scoring in shootouts has to do with effort....right

Blowing leads has a lot to do with bad luck and bounces.  NJ has scored plenty with the net empty as well, or are we going to forget that?

You could put my sorry ass on that team, and I promise you I'd give it my all. Doesn't mean I'm qualified nor skilled enough to be there.

There were better options than Callahan.

You're looking at it through Red colored glasses...

If you were saying that about Stepan, I'd agree, Callahan is a good 3rd/4th liner.

brown and callahan were there for their strength and physical play, unfortunately it didnt happen, hard to hit people on that big ice. watch out canada the swedes may very well be the best team at this venue

Callahan fulfilled his obligations. Brown was a ghost.

Blowing leads has a lot to do with bad luck and bounces.  NJ has scored plenty with the net empty as well, or are we going to forget that?

The US women blew their lead more because of bad breaks than anything else.  I also think the 3 blown leads before the Olympics for the Devils was also bad luck too.  Although I wish they would be harder on the puck in those situations.

Here's some irony (sort of).  

Today was the Miracle on Ice 34 year Anniversary.  

We're playing in the country we beat on this day 34 years ago.  

Today we played the country we beat to clinch the Gold Medal 34 years ago.

Said country avenges their loss from 34 years ago.  :(

nope....with winning.If we could put the puck behind the goalie in shootouts,win we might. Watch other teams do it or whichever team is in the shootout against us.

Sorry you don't agree that we suck at holding a lead and suck even more in shootouts.

nope....with winning.If we could put the puck behind the goalie in shootouts,win we might. Watch other teams do it or whichever team is in the shootout against us.

Sorry you don't agree that we suck at holding a lead and suck even more in shootouts.

1. Shootouts are a complete crapshoot.  There is nothing scientific about the success rate of shootouts.  Goalies are the ones in control of shootouts and penalty shots, and the shooters are at the mercy of the goalies.  The Devils are very capable of winning shootouts.

2. Every team "sucks" at holding leads then.  The number of leads the Devils blow is basically right there with the leads other teams blow.

1. Shootouts are a complete crapshoot.  There is nothing scientific about the success rate of shootouts.  Goalies are the ones in control of shootouts and penalty shots, and the shooters are at the mercy of the goalies.  The Devils are very capable of winning shootouts.

2. Every team "sucks" at holding leads then.  The number of leads the Devils blow is basically right there with the leads other teams blow.

capable yes....but more times then not don't.......those points make a huge difference in the standings,crapshoot or not.

1. Shootouts are a complete crapshoot.  There is nothing scientific about the success rate of shootouts. 

Which is my reason one why I wish they would be removed from the game. If they want to do 5 min 4 on 4 then 5 min 3 on 3 fine, but then call it a TIE already. There doesn't have to be a winner every game.

The current Devils are the ultimate proof that shootouts are NOT a crapshoot. It's results are clearly skill based. The debate is whether you think a players individual skill should decide the outcome of a game.

GL today Canada, I have to many potentially gloating swedes at my workplace. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk