862 replies to this topic

#801 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Well the only logical explanation is bad luck or something unforeseen.  In other words, there is no logical explanation at all.  And the goaltending has been part of the problem, and even you have criticized Schneider for it.

I've criticized CS because he hasn't been good at one on one, period. He also hasn't had any goal support in the SO, either, just like Brodeur. As a goaltender, who the hell can win a SO when your team scores ONE goal the whole season?

You're doing it again, Mike. You say goaltending is a problem, then say you aren't actually blaming the goaltenders, then you go back to saying the goaltending is part of the problem. I'm being nice here, but this is why members like CR and DM84 get frustrated. This isn't about someone misunderstanding you. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#802 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

I've criticized CS because he hasn't been good at one on one, period. He also hasn't had any goal support in the SO, either, just like Brodeur. As a goaltender, who the hell can win a SO when your team scores ONE goal the whole season?

You're doing it again, Mike. You say goaltending is a problem, then say you aren't actually blaming the goaltenders, then you go back to saying the goaltending is part of the problem. I'm being nice here, but this is why members like CR and DM84 get frustrated. This isn't about someone misunderstanding you. 

Blaming the goalies and saying they're part of the problem isn't the same thing.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#803 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Blaming the goalies and saying they're part of the problem isn't the same thing.

Here we go again with the semantics. Unbelievable.

#804 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

im merely guessing but i doubt hes using the antihistamine for allergies and more for the uppers type effect...its not speed but has that similar high anxiety reaction.

total guess

Posted Image

#805 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

He's been on this for seven years. Including the last Olympics. Seems highly. Its been a proved by three countries (US, Canada, Sweden) including his dosage given his metabolism. I sincerely doubt what you said.

im merely guessing but i doubt hes using the antihistamine for allergies and more for the uppers type effect...its not speed but has that similar high anxiety reaction.

total guess

#806 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

Here we go again with the semantics. Unbelievable.

I'm not on either side here, but I can't honestly see how you find this to be unreasonable. I'm not entirely sure you have a firm grasp on the term "semantics".

total guess

Are you suggesting Backstrom is using Claritin as a performance enhancer?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#807 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

uhm, yea

Posted Image

#808 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

I doubt backstrom was taking it as a "performance enhancer"- although I suppose you could argue it helps his allergies and thus makes him feel better to play.

Whether the Swedish team or nhl allows it is irrelevant. If I were Sweden I would have a problem if the report is accurate that they knew 2 days prior but didn't tell them. I'd also like to know why they didn't catch it earlier- wouldn't they test all athletes at the beginning of the games? Or maybe he was under the allowable limit then.

#809 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Lots of open question regarding the Backstrom incident.

#810 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

:rofl:

This is what we're talking about.  Stop constantly splitting hairs.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 24 February 2014 - 12:19 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#811 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

It's a good thing you guys aren't lawyers.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#812 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm not on either side here, but I can't honestly see how you find this to be unreasonable. I'm not entirely sure you have a firm grasp on the term "semantics".

I'm not entirely sure you understand Mike Brown. 

It's ridiculous.

#813 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

It's a good thing you guys aren't lawyers.

Should people need to be lawyers to understand you?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#814 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

aka full of sh!t? lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#815 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

The one that still annoys me is when dm84 tried to get on my case because I said attendance RANKINGS don't mean anything to me.  See I do care about the Devils attendance.  I don't care about where we rank in relation to the rest of league because even if we sell out every game, we won't be higher than like 17th or something in the league.

There's too many variables when it comes to attendance figures.  Unless the league can come up with a ranking system that eliminates all of those variables, I don't care where we rank.

I'm not entirely sure you understand Mike Brown. 

It's ridiculous.

Except there is a significant difference between the two phrases.

No, but if you go into court assuming certain phrases or terms mean the same thing, you'll get blown apart in court.

aka full of sh!t? lol

dm84 is usually just that.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#816 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

is it true or not true that Claritin may or may not contain the stimulant psuedoephedrine and or androgenic steroids including testosterone as well as the neurotransmitter epinephrine adrenalin.

:dizzy:

saucer plate dialated pupils playing on snow blind white ice with lights and cameras seems legit.

Posted Image

#817 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

And so does zyrtec, and Allegra. Tbags pointless as I stated. He's been taking this for seven years. He has a legitimate reason for it.

is it true or not true that Claritin may or may not contain the stimulant psuedoephedrine and or androgenic steroids including testosterone as well as the neurotransmitter epinephrine adrenalin.

:dizzy:

saucer plate dialated pupils playing on snow blind white ice with lights and cameras seems legit.

#818 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

The one that still annoys me is when dm84 tried to get on my case because I said attendance RANKINGS don't mean anything to me. See I do care about the Devils attendance. I don't care about where we rank in relation to the rest of league because even if we sell out every game, we won't be higher than like 17th or something in the league.

There's too many variables when it comes to attendance figures. Unless the league can come up with a ranking system that eliminates all of those variables, I don't care where we rank.

Except there is a significant difference between the two phrases.

No, but if you go into court assuming certain phrases or terms mean the same thing, you'll get blown apart in court.

dm84 is usually just that.

I haven't mentioned you or directed anything towards you on here in almost three days and now this?

Just stop your crap already and stop involving me when you get called out by other people. It's clearly not just me who has an issue with you.

Edited by DevsMan84, 24 February 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#819 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

I haven't mentioned you or directed anything towards you on here in almost three days and now this?

Just stop your crap already and stop involving me when you get called out by other people. It's clearly not just me who has an issue with you.

You're the only one who continues to be a dick about it though.  Others actually have actually spoken to me about it peacefully.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#820 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

You're the only one who continues to be a dick about it though. Others actually have actually spoken to me about it peacefully.

Again I haven't said anything to you in almost three days and you start taking jabs at me in a conversation I wasn't even a part of.

Grow up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users