#21 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

LGD!!!

I'll be hangin round the suites tonight and maybe by the MSG channel area between periods. 

#22 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

LGD!!!

I'll be hangin round the suites tonight and maybe by the MSG channel area between periods. 

you know the game is on NBCSN tonight 

#23 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

you know the game is on NBCSN tonight 

aw crap, so no desk work by Dano and Deb?

#24 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

It's my birthday, so I'll be getting crazy tonight...

#25 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Marty seems to get the "go to guy savior" treatment from DeBoer, and I don't know why.  Marty enjoyed prolonged stretches of good to very good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12 (second halves and, in 2011-12, the playoffs), but since then, he's been inconsistent at best, and has been near the bottom in save% (.902 in 53 GP since the start of last season) .  I could almost understand it if the head coach had been here for 10 years or so and was emotionally tied to Marty, but DeBoer isn't.  I know Schneider hasn't been lights out either, but I don't know what this guy has to do to get more playing time.  Maybe it changes soon, but it's hard to believe, halfway through the season, that the goaltending situation is where it is. 

DeBoer may not be emotionally tied to Marty, but Lou certainly is.

Lou is DeBoer's boss....

The goalie thing is just getting silly. I wish Cory could string some W's together and end this mess. I'd love Cory to put up 2 or 3 wins in a row and really make it impossible to look at Marty as the go-to. And I saw this as a huge Brodeur fan. The transition needs a little push.

Everyone can say what they want about Marty, but the fact is....the Devils DO NOT SCORE when Cory is in net

This translates into a bad record with Schneider as the starter

I feel for him, but the sample space is wayyyy too large at this point for me to believe it is a coincidence.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#26 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

my fear is that #30 doesn't walk away in 13 weeks....and that LL signs him to play again next season ...

we really should be looking at the final 25 games of Brodeur's career, but I'm not so sure about that.

in a perfect world, the final 40 games of this season would have been 25 for Schneids & 15 for Brodeur.

Oh well...

One week from tonight should be the last time Brodeur plays in MTL.  The fans should know it & show it.

Edited by BlueSkirt, 07 January 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#27 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

aw crap, so no desk work by Dano and Deb?

nope I dont think so

and its a 7:30 start tonight

#28 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

cory can't do it by himself though, giving up 1-2 goals a game shouldnt be a killer every single games. for Cory it is. Not his fault

No, not Cory's fault at all. It's just unfortunate. I'd love to see Cory get a solid stretch, like 3 or 4 games. They really need to start scoring consistently no matter who is in net. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#29 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

LGD!!! Please win and I hope I'm able to watch the game cuz of directv and their blackouts and nbcsn not showing it hopefully I can if not going on to the computer and watch it

#30 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

LGDs  big game here

funny lemaire usually played hedberg against the flyers because he was a better butterly goalie,

happy birthday Eco!

#31 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

NBCSN means it'll be blacked out on gamecenter, right?

Damnit.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

No, not Cory's fault at all. It's just unfortunate. I'd love to see Cory get a solid stretch, like 3 or 4 games. They really need to start scoring consistently no matter who is in net. 

Unfortunately, Elias being out is really going to hurt.  Hard to say if Brunner would've kept it going.  Hopefully Boucher can start popping some in (and start getting more SOG).

I want to believe that this game will stop hovering around NHL .500, but I don't see that happening, unless Cory starts playing out of his mind (and even that doesn't seem to be enough for him some nights).  I can't expect Marty to turn in a 2011 or 2012 second half surge.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#33 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

hopefully Giroux proves why he was not selected on team canada tnight...

and not having to see a headline on NHL.com tomorrow like, "Giroux making a case on why he should have been on team Canada" lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#34 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Get to watch the game on TV tonight, hope the Devils are able to win. I'm fine with the decision to start Brodeur, Schneider is just too big of an offensive liability for a rivalry game like this ;)

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#35 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Lets go boys, for the love of god Please don't let me catch an abuse from my workplace.

Match the intensity of there. Come out with fire.

LGD!!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#36 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Henrique!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#37 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Found a stream!

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder?

Whatever works!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#38 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

wow huge finish from Henrique! Couldn't count the number of times I've seen that same puck get fumbled by a guy in Adam's position on that play

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#39 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

ADAM HENRIIIIIIQUE!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#40 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Flyers still can't handle the forecheck baby.

believe-ll.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users