#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Damn Reid that was careless.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

PDB won't like that.

Was nice knowing you Boucher.

/partial sarcasm

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#43 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

PDB doesn't have much choice with Elias and Brunner out. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#44 BRODEURfan22

BRODEURfan22

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Ah.... was hoping Doc would be doing play by play tonight, I miss that. we looking good early on here....moving puck great and winning battles not to mention the quick goal. this is devils hockey right here boys, pretty sure its all because of Marty's fresh new pads;p

#45 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Bernier on a powerplay makes me sad.

Or rather, Bernier in any role other than "stand in front and screen the goalie" on a powerplay makes me sad.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#46 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Fantastic period for the Devils, hopefully they can keep that up. Entertaining hockey which is nice for a change.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Fantastic period for the Devils, hopefully they can keep that up. Entertaining hockey which is nice for a change.

Agree, but at the same time, feels like this game is going to be 1-1 sometime during the second period...at which point we'll be thinking "How the hell is this game a tie?!"

#30 FOREVER!

#48 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Great period hope they cash in a couple more. I cant believe im have to watch the game on a little screen on the sports mix channel of directv

#49 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Solid period boys, but we need to CAPITALIZE!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#50 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Is it just me, or do these NBCSN announcers find a way to put every play in the perspective of the flyers? Devils are playing well..."Oh, flyers need to find a way to get better" I just feel like there's some bias towards them....

Good job so far boys..keep it up!

#51 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

I hate living near philly

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

this is a total domination. We need to capitalize on those chances 

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Jesus!! ALL merrill had to do there was chip the puck back over the blue line. That was an absolutely terrible play by him

Edited by Onddeck, 07 January 2014 - 08:44 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#54 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,050 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Saw a guy on the concourse between periods with a #9 jersey, a piece of duct tape over the nameplate, and written on the duct tape- 'Sislo'. Roflmao.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#55 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Is it just me, or do these NBCSN announcers find a way to put every play in the perspective of the flyers? Devils are playing well..."Oh, flyers need to find a way to get better" I just feel like there's some bias towards them....

Good job so far boys..keep it up!

I feel like they have been entirely complimentary of the Devils  :noclue:

#56 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

And Zubes just went all Game of Thrones on Schenn. Got respect a guy playing with a skate blade slash across the abdomen.

Marty with2 nice saves. Devils dominating but it's still only 1 up which scares me.

#57 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

They are playing well but they need to cash in. I love watching these devils playing the way they are right now. But they need to keep it up

#58 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

Come PP please score you have the momentum keep it going

#59 BRODEURfan22

BRODEURfan22

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

ok lets capitalize on this PP and start pulling away...I hate these 1 goal games

#60 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Huge PK here 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users