297 replies to this topic

#1 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

Real simple, stretch run begins now. Whether it's to the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, this team needs to stop bleeding out points and start picking them up.

It looks like Marty is the starter. I would've went with Cory but regardless, we need both of them to start playing lights out.

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Of course Marty's starting.  Why would Cory ever get consecutive starts, it's not like that'd help him find his game or anything.

LGD, get a point.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

LGD.

I will be enjoying tonight's game from section 3, thanks to czech26's generosity. Thanks again Czech!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Of course Marty's starting.  Why would Cory ever get consecutive starts, it's not like that'd help him find his game or anything.

LGD, get a point.

Awesome, great to see the guy who's 38th in save% continuing to get playing time at the expense of the guy who's 18th. 

I'm not nearly as criticial of DeBoer as some are on here, but sometimes....

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#5 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Ill be in Section 5 thanks to my sister's Christmas gift.

Nothing I like better than seeing the Flyers beaten down in person.

LETS GO DEVILS!

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Awesome, great to see the guy who's 38th in save% continuing to get playing time at the expense of the guy who's 18th.

I'm not nearly as criticial of DeBoer as some are on here, but sometimes....

I'm beyond fed up with DeBoer's handling of the roster, and his handling of the goalies in particular. He's stubborn, and it seems nothing short of Marty embarrassing himself and giving up 5 goals on 10 shots or something in one of these games to get Schneider the crease back.

#7 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

If there's one game that I want Janssen in, it's when we play the Flyers. Expect the usual, Simmonds and Co. gooning it up with only Clowe and maybe Carter to stand up for our teammates. Cory should be in net for this one. This flip flopping of goalies is getting ridiculous.

Put food on my family

#8 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

I'm beyond fed up with DeBoer's handling of the roster, and his handling of the goalies in particular. He's stubborn, and it seems nothing short of Marty embarrassing himself and giving up 5 goals on 10 shots or something in one of these games to get Schneider the crease back.

i dont think there's a more stubborn duo of GM/Coach than in NJ. I'd put lots of money on them

www.SterioDesign.com

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Marty seems to get the "go to guy savior" treatment from DeBoer, and I don't know why.  Marty enjoyed prolonged stretches of good to very good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12 (second halves and, in 2011-12, the playoffs), but since then, he's been inconsistent at best, and has been near the bottom in save% (.902 in 53 GP since the start of last season) .  I could almost understand it if the head coach had been here for 10 years or so and was emotionally tied to Marty, but DeBoer isn't.  I know Schneider hasn't been lights out either, but I don't know what this guy has to do to get more playing time.  Maybe it changes soon, but it's hard to believe, halfway through the season, that the goaltending situation is where it is. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 January 2014 - 12:27 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

lets go devs! ill be down in section 6 tonight thanks to devilsdominion over on hf forum!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#11 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Looks like the Caps waived Urbom already  hmmn

Lets go Devs, beat the Flygerls toninght

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Marty seems to get the "go to guy savior" treatment from DeBoer, and I don't know why. Marty enjoyed prolonged stretches of good to very good play in 2010-11 and 2011-12 (second halves and, in 2011-12, the playoffs), but since then, he's been inconsistent at best, and has been near the bottom in save%. I could almost understand it if the head coach had been here for 10 years or so and was emotionally tied to Marty, but DeBoer isn't. I know Schneider hasn't been lights out either, but I don't know what this guy has to do to get more playing time. Maybe it changes soon, but it's hard to believe, halfway through the season, that the goaltending situation is where it is.

I hope it changes soon, but it won't unless Marty just falls apart. DeBoer is the definition of stubborn. I remember when he was hired he talked about making mistakes in Florida, but saying he learned from them and that he thought those mistakes helped him become a better coach. Well 3 years later I don't know what's happened, but he's making all the same mistakes with the roster that he made with Florida with regards to the goalie situation and the young players- mistakes that contributed to his firing there. A leopard never changes his spots I guess...

#13 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I will be at the game too, thanks to my brothers birthday gift. lGD!

#14 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Let's go boys. Big two points. Go get them.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#15 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

I am disgusted with our coach and GM regarding the selection of players to play and Goaltenders in net.

My wish would be that Lou is forced to retire and that DeBoer is fired.

In the meantime Devils do your best. Don't be embarrassed.

#16 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

I just dont get it really. Schnieds willl be gone when his contract is up

LGD

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#17 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

I'm feeling Clowe breaks through with a two point night. Not sure how he gets the two points though.

#18 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

I'm feeling Clowe breaks through with a two point night. Not sure how he gets the two points though.

maybe standing in front of the net getting a zid slapper in the chest and in.....

twice....

www.SterioDesign.com

#19 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

The goalie thing is just getting silly. I wish Cory could string some W's together and end this mess. I'd love Cory to put up 2 or 3 wins in a row and really make it impossible to look at Marty as the go-to. And I saw this as a huge Brodeur fan. The transition needs a little push.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

The goalie thing is just getting silly. I wish Cory could string some W's together and end this mess. I'd love Cory to put up 2 or 3 wins in a row and really make it impossible to look at Marty as the go-to. And I saw this as a huge Brodeur fan. The transition needs a little push.

cory can't do it by himself though, giving up 1-2 goals a game shouldnt be a killer every single games. for Cory it is. Not his fault

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users