49 replies to this topic

#1 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Not a particularly serious thread but, after the Sabers game the other day i was thinking about the team and what it was lacking, and i started thinking "i wish i could select a player from any NHL team and add them to the Devils to give us an edge". Thing was i couldn’t come up with one off the top of my head who i would ,without hesitation, pick.

So this is my question to everyone:

If you could pick one current player from the NHL in any position, to add the to the Devils roster (Salary constraints not to be considered) who would that player be? And what does that player bring that you think the team is lacking?

Clearly there are a lot of obvious choices (Crosby, Ovechkin) but it would be interesting to see if anyone had any other ideas about a player who could really give this team the edge.

My Personal Choice: Patrick Kane

It was a tough decision between these players: Kane, Milan Lucic , Toews, Datsyuk, Landeskog and Duchene.

I was torn between speed and skill, and physicality and leadership. In the end i went with the skill and game breaking ability of Partick Kane. Jagr said back in December that Kane was one of two players he would pay to watch (the other was Datsyuk) and he is a player Jagr could learn a thing or two from. What better is there praise than that?

The guy has top end speed and amazing hands, he makes things happen on the ice and he can just change a game in a second. I really think the Devils could use some physicality a player with a nasty edge, like Lucic or someone who plays hard and leads from the front (Landeskog) but in the end skill wins out.

So what would everyone else’s choice be?

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#2 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

obvious choice but i'd have to pick Crosby and there's nobody close to him

www.SterioDesign.com

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I would pick SterioDesign

#4 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Crosby

He brings the biggest thing we are lacking, a young(er) scoring threat and playmaker.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

A hypothetical thread?  Love these, very refreshing change from the norm.

Aside from the obvious (ie, Crosby, Ovie)?  I'd have to say.. John Tavares.  I think he's going to be an exceptional all-around player (he already is, in my mind) who can make any linemates better.  And, if we're taking injury history into consideration, he's not a couple big hits away from retirement like Crosby is.

Edit:  Giroux is a very close second.  Beast of a player.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 08 January 2014 - 11:45 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

A hypothetical thread?  Love these, very refreshing change from the norm.

Aside from the obvious (ie, Crosby, Ovie)?  I'd have to say.. John Tavares.  I think he's going to be an exceptional all-around player (he already is, in my mind) who can make any linemates better.  And, if we're taking injury history into consideration, he's not a couple big hits away from retirement like Crosby is.

Edit:  Giroux is a very close second.  Beast of a player.

Yeah i thought we could do with something a bit different, we seem to be going over a lot of old groud with the team and the way its playing right now,

An interesting choice, i like it.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

i picked Crosby too thinking of all the benefices we would get from the league now... Bettman would probably give us back our first round pick too lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Stamkos.  (Throw in Marty St Louis and we're a much much different team)

Edited by Jmorc2003, 08 January 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

I'd have to go Crosby, Toews, or Stamkos.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I like kane the most out of all the players, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would come in and make the devils a better team all around.

Crosby or yung Johnny T. would be my picks, as they in my opinion could carry an entire team.

Edited by Sneax, 08 January 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#11 gsnts725

gsnts725

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Crosby is the obvious choice cause he is the best player by far. If i couldn't take Crosby, I'd love Toews cause he is a great two way player and would give us a true top line center, allowing Zajac to go down to the 2nd line.

#12 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Crosby is the obvious choice but I'm going to say Toews. Beast all around and his leadership is something we could really use. Very rarely does that team lose more than 1 in a row.

#13 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Also I didn't put this in my post, But Alex Urbom. I forgot about him, he's the real answer.

#14 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Crosby is one hit away from being Lindros'd.

I'd take Malkin or Kane or Ovi or Stamkos. One of those before Crosby. Purely on health reasons.

Edited by TheMazz, 08 January 2014 - 03:28 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#15 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

ovi... crosby is too much of a little bitch and i dont want to cheer for that every night
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#16 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Ovie , then stamkos or taveras. Ovie can bang with the best of them and still score in bunches. I like that part of his game. if not him then pure scorer Stamkos is the top. 

#17 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Dougie Glatt!!!

#18 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Dougie Glatt!!!

HA!

Watching that movie made me miss the days of Peluso and even Oliwa...

Some great scraps over the years.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#19 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

I'm not impressed with our wingers, so it would have to be Ovie or Kane. I don't love Ovie's maturity, and I think Kane's an a$$hole, but we need scoring from the wings, so each would solve a ton of problems.

If I was starting from scratch, I would take Crosby in a second, much as I hate him.

Edited by mouse, 08 January 2014 - 08:19 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#20 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

A 25 year old Chara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users