49 replies to this topic

#21 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Is Ken Klee still playing? If not then I'd definitely go with Malkin.

Guy has proved time and time again that he can step up when the number one player on the team is injured.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#22 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Toews or Stamkos for me.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#23 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Is Ken Klee still playing?

Kleefense!

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#24 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

And he has disappeared when he was most needed:p but no doubt he is a world class player

Edited by CarterforPresident, 08 January 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#25 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Patrick Sharp would fit in seamlessly with this team.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#26 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Why such Crosby love? If you're going to do with Crosby, go with Datsyuk, he's better and Datsyuk is a better defensive forward (a big part of our team) but I'm not going with either, I'm going with Ovechkin. He could make up for the goals we lost with Kovalchuk and Parise, and while he isn't particularly strong in his own end, he still throws the body around enough to light a fire under the rest of the team, and his goal scoring ability is next to none.

And you can't say, oh Ovi's best years are behind him, he's old and the contracts a mess. No. This is all hypothetical, and he's the best, case closed.

My honorable mentions would be Toews, Kronwall, Datsyuk

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#27 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Why such Crosby love? If you're going to do with Crosby, go with Datsyuk, he's better and Datsyuk is a better defensive forward (a big part of our team) but I'm not going with either, I'm going with Ovechkin. He could make up for the goals we lost with Kovalchuk and Parise, and while he isn't particularly strong in his own end, he still throws the body around enough to light a fire under the rest of the team, and his goal scoring ability is next to none.

And you can't say, oh Ovi's best years are behind him, he's old and the contracts a mess. No. This is all hypothetical, and he's the best, case closed.

Datsyuk is good but ive never seen him do the plays crosby can do, hes unbelievable. So often im watching crosby telling myself "how did the fvcker thought of doing that or knew that this player would be there". Hes also very good defensively.

www.SterioDesign.com

#28 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

Just no.

Its Crosby. Period. There is no reason why you don't take the best player on earth.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#29 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

Ovy is better at scoring and scoring in the post season to Crosby but Crosby has the better overall affect with assists and making an entire team better. I want both.

#30 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

I think we should trade Gionta and Janssen for Ovechkin and Crosby.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#31 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Why such Crosby love? If you're going to do with Crosby, go with Datsyuk, he's better and Datsyuk is a better defensive forward (a big part of our team)

Maybe because Datsyuk is a billion years old(er). 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#32 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

I think we should trade Gionta and Janssen for Ovechkin and Crosby.

pete would never have this. he would put down his foot so hard on lou for trying to make that deal he may quit and go with gio LOLOL
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#33 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

pete would never have this. he would put down his foot so hard on lou for trying to make that deal he may quit and go with gio LOLOL

Plus we get absolutely robbed in those trades.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#34 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

The answer is Crosby, and the thing that makes sports so funny is that everyone would fall in love with him in .2 seconds...no matter your thoughts about him today.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Ovechkin, Crosby, AND Deboer leaves?? This trade keeps getting better!!!

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

The answer is Crosby, and the thing that makes sports so funny is that everyone would fall in love with him in .2 seconds...no matter your thoughts about him today.

Yeah just like bunch of people here we're making trades proposition for Nash saying he'd be great here. Now that he's a Rangers he's trash and shouldnt even be on team Canada. Go figure lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#37 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah just like bunch of people here we're making trades proposition for Nash saying he'd be great here. Now that he's a Rangers he's trash and shouldnt even be on team Canada. Go figure lol

Nash shouldn't be on team canada and I never made a trade proposal for him. And you cannot deny he has not lived up to his contract since coming to the rangers.

#38 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Nash shouldn't be on team canada and I never made a trade proposal for him. And you cannot deny he has not lived up to his contract since coming to the rangers.

Like he had been before? lol.

#39 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Like he had been before? lol.

right but sterio made it sound like anyone hated on him simply because he was a ranger, which isn't the case since an unbiased person (and even ranger fans) would admit he has been a disappointment.

#40 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

right but sterio made it sound like anyone hated on him simply because he was a ranger, which isn't the case since an unbiased person (and even ranger fans) would admit he has been a disappointment.

strictly based on his contract, he's one heck of a player and injuries has a part with that too

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users